Guest kaurrrrr

Singhnis with Dastaar look ugly?

86 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Mahakaal96 said:

"(v) A. Gursikh should not marry his daughter to a mona unless he agrees to accept
initiation. ThlS lS performed with sweetened water which has been used to wash a
Granth Sahib lectern (manji). Five stanzas of Japji and five of Anand Sahib should be
recited. The couple should then drink the water. If the bridegroom has previously
worn a sacred thread he may .continue to do so during the wedding ceremony, but he
should subsequently remove 11. [16, 21)"

I assume this became the process by which charan pahul was prepared once SGGS were given gurgaddi;

' ThlS lS performed with sweetened water which has been used to wash a
Granth Sahib lectern (manji). Five stanzas of Japji and five of Anand Sahib should be recited'

then why is it not said the same for the mona woman in the previous section ? stop making up stuff and recognise that there are some things here that against Guru Gobind SIngh's rehit  especially numerous Hindu specific rituals like yearly shrad and putting phul of antim sanskar in GANGA ... also no mention of anand Karaj anywhere.  

It is literally contradicting itself , then comparing againt Bhai Nand Lal SIngh's rehitnama  again the difference are apparent.

No daughter of a sikh is supposed to given in the house of a mona  from Guru ji's own hukam  - roti beti di sanjh.. so how does one equate this rehit nama to Guru ji's orders ?

Edited by jkvlondon

46 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

then why is it not said the same for the mona woman in the previous section ? stop making up stuff and recognise that there are some things here that against Guru Gobind SIngh's rehit  especially numerous Hindu specific rituals like yearly shrad and putting phul of antim sanskar in GANGA ... also no mention of anand Karaj anywhere.  

It is literally contradicting itself , then comparing againt Bhai Nand Lal SIngh's rehitnama  again the difference are apparent.

No daughter of a sikh is supposed to given in the house of a mona  from Guru ji's own hukam  - roti beti di sanjh.. so how does one equate this rehit nama to Guru ji's orders ?

I'm not making anything up, it's there in black & white to read & it's from Bhai Chaupa Singh not me.

People need to realise that the initiation rites of a SIKH & the initiation rights of a SINGH/KHALSA are not the same. The KHALSA rehitnama is for those initiated into the Khalsa FAUJ by way of taking 'Khanda Di Pahul'. The Khalsa is a fauj... not a social club where you bring your wives, sisters kids etc along. Firstly understand what a fauj is, then understand what the Khalsa is.

Like I said in previous post, please take your questions & grievances directly to Hazur Sahib to get clear answers 

Edited by Mahakaal96

35 minutes ago, Mahakaal96 said:

I'm not making anything up, it's there in black & white to read & it's from Bhai Chaupa Singh not me.

People need to realise that the initiation rites of a SIKH & the initiation rights of a SINGH/KHALSA are not the same. The KHALSA rehitnama is for those initiated into the Khalsa FAUJ by way of taking 'Khanda Di Pahul'. The Khalsa is a fauj... not a social club where you bring your wives, sisters kids etc along. Firstly understand what a fauj is, then understand what the Khalsa is.

Like I said in previous post, please take your questions & grievances directly to Hazur Sahib to get clear answers 

ok also tell why a sehajdhari is allowed to trim his/her body hair with a scissor , does this mean there four classifications of sikh or three because you have khalsa (khande di pahul), Sikh man (charan pahaul) , Sikh child (kirpan di pahul/chaula), sikh bibian ,keep kesh ,cover heads, not allowed to recite bani to satsang (doesn't specify whether this only relates to male satsang or female satsang (so could be only a male reads to females) and yet is supposed to as part of her duties teach her husband sikhi and gurbani ??? (only kirpan di pahaul)

I'm sorry but too many contradictions  somebody who is called deceitful and untrustworthy , unworthy of sitting in mixed sangat, unworthy of taking gurvaak much less singing kirtan in darbar,  has to have lesser form of amrit, lesser rehit and yet instruct and remind  her husband of his rehit ?

what happened to "so kion manda aakiya jitt jamai rajan ?" of Guru Nanak Dev ji , the Manjis and parchaariks of whole areas by Bibian? How can one instruct other newcomers  of mixed genders if there is such a paabandi on gurvaak, gursewa in sangat? 

Problem is we don't know how much is truly authentic as it even contradicts contemporary Nand Lal rehitnama in places. Guru ji wasn't known to constantly change rehit  just build on previous Guru Sahiban's rehit.

Edited by jkvlondon

9 hours ago, Mahakaal96 said:

Rehitnama written by Bhai Chaupa Singh (if you don't know who Bhai Chaupa Singh is then research it)

This rehitnama was written in 1700 which means Guru Gobind Singh Ji were still on this mortal world (maharaj returned to sach kand in 1708)

heres translation for you, it is written that khanda da amrit should not be given to women;

I've asked several times but will ask once more, please provide written historical source which predates 1900 that proves women did take Khanda da amrit. Bhai Chaupa Singhs rehitnama from 1700 says women should not be given khanda da amrit & hukamname from Mata Sahib Deva from early 1700's show Mata never used Kaur in her name (which she would have had she taken khanda da amrit)

Hazur Sahib have written historical sources from the time of mahraj to back up their maryada, unless you provide some ACTUAL evidence then this conversation is at a standstill & pointless.

IMG_1947.PNG

IMG_1951.PNG

This is not proof.  Provide Bhai chaupa Singh's rehat in its original writing.  A guy puffing his chest for hazuri singhs and Buddha dal is providing McLeod translations.  Lmao.... What's next Dr. Pashura singh writings.  What happened to your predated stipulation of 1900 evidence only.  Clown college presents translation dating from 1990 or so.  Hi Mr. Bigly Trump.....lol

I'm more interested in the why. Why can women not take Khande Di Pahul? 

1 hour ago, Akalifauj said:

This is not proof.  Provide Bhai chaupa Singh's rehat in its original writing.  A guy puffing his chest for hazuri singhs and Buddha dal is providing McLeod translations.  Lmao.... What's next Dr. Pashura singh writings.  What happened to your predated stipulation of 1900 evidence only.  Clown college presents translation dating from 1990 or so.  Hi Mr. Bigly Trump.....lol

What do you think this is... babysitting spoon feeding time?? The original is widely available... here's an idea... do some research yourself. The translation is of a text written in 1700. 

The handwritten hukamname of Mata Sahib Deva are originals from early 1700's, if Mata had taken Khanda da amrit she must have become a Kaur as is popular practice today... so why has Mata signed those rehitnama as Sahib Devi & not used the word Kaur anywhere?? 

Do your research and you will realise the word 'Kaur' actually means 'Prince'... not princess

You have been given a translation of a text  from 1700 (original widely available) & actual originals of hukamname written by Mata Sahib Deva herself from early 1700's..... where's your evidence that backs up your argument???

Edited by Mahakaal96

11 minutes ago, Mahakaal96 said:

What do you think this is... babysitting spoon feeding time?? The original is widely available... here's an idea... do some research yourself. The translation is of a text written in 1700. 

The handwritten hukamname of Mata Sahib Deva are originals from early 1700's, if Mata had taken Khanda da amrit she must have become a Kaur as is popular practice today... so why has Mata signed those rehitnama as Sahib Devi & not used the word Kaur anywhere?? 

Do your research and you will realise the word 'Kaur' actually means 'Prince'... not princess

You have been given a translation of a text  from 1700 (original widely available) & actual originals of hukamname written by Mata Sahib Deva herself from early 1700's..... where's your evidence that backs up your argument???

wasn't it tradition for mahals to be surnamed deva/ devi ? and if issuing hukams for the panth signing with that name would be more well known than her new moniker.

10 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

wasn't it tradition for mahals to be surnamed deva/ devi ? and if issuing hukams for the panth signing with that name would be more well known than her new moniker.

That would be very very unlikely as amrit sanchar was in 1699, mahraj returned to Sachkand in 1708, Mata jis hukamname are from several years after that. So your looking at a minimum of around 10-15 years after amrit sanchar so unlikely Mata would continue to use a previous name. And also if we look at other females in the panth right from the time of Guru Nanak Dev Ji I can't recall any of them having Deva or Devi added to their name. If Mata had taken amrit & therefore become a Kaur as is common practice today then she would not have continued to use a previous name... just like mahraj themselves never used sodhi or rai once they became a Singh.

10 hours ago, Mahakaal96 said:

You are the one who made the claim of women not being given amrit at all first then changed your position to women were given kirpan amrit.  So it is on you to provide sufficient evidence for your claims.  Clearly you didn't understand the humpty dumpty example provided for your simplistic arrogant mind.  If I was to provide your evidence, I would be spoon feeding the clown college illiterate child by providing his own "evidence".  Man O man you are Donald Trumps replica.  And to further show how illiterate you are, you claimed kirpan amrit is given to women, the translated document you provide says nothing about women being given kirpan amrit.  If the translated document is gospel this would make Buddha Dal and Hazur Sahib wrong on women getting kirpan amrit.  As a result your original claim of Hazur Sahib and Buddha dal having the Guru given maryada is wrong.  Also do you see how the author of your translated document doesn't even write down the 5 Bani were recited to make the amrit.  Again Hazur Sahib and Buddha dal maryada will be wrong because they recite the 5 Banis to prepare amrit.   My initial assessment was correct, you are a child. 

If Khande da Amrit was for only the fauj, then the Guru's have been fighting wars since Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib ji.  Khande Da Amrit would have been initially given by the Sixth Guru, you illiterate arrogant little boy. 

Well do your homework little boy and find sources to make sense of it all.  I know what is going on here, but I won't spoon feed the illiterate arrogant little child, so he can go and troll other forums and Sikhs with his illiterate beliefs.  Time to put on big boy pants today.  You can't push me around little boy. 

If you had done your research, you would know other Gursikhs who gave their life to the Guru wrote an account of what happened on 1699.  This account is different than the English translated document you provided.  Again no spoon feeding for you little boy.

13 minutes ago, Akalifauj said:

You are the one who made the claim of women not being given amrit at all first then changed your position to women were given kirpan amrit.  So it is on you to provide sufficient evidence for your claims.  Clearly you didn't understand the humpty dumpty example provided for your simplistic arrogant mind.  If I was to provide your evidence, I would be spoon feeding the clown college illiterate child by providing his own "evidence".  Man O man you are Donald Trumps replica.  And to further show how illiterate you are, you claimed kirpan amrit is given to women, the translated document you provide says nothing about women being given kirpan amrit.  If the translated document is gospel this would make Buddha Dal and Hazur Sahib wrong on women getting kirpan amrit.  As a result your original claim of Hazur Sahib and Buddha dal having the Guru given maryada is wrong.  Also do you see how the author of your translated document doesn't even write down the 5 Bani were recited to make the amrit.  Again Hazur Sahib and Buddha dal maryada will be wrong because they recite the 5 Banis to prepare amrit.   My initial assessment was correct, you are a child. 

If Khande da Amrit was for only the fauj, then the Guru's have been fighting wars since Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib ji.  Khande Da Amrit would have been initially given by the Sixth Guru, you illiterate arrogant little boy. 

Well do your homework little boy and find sources to make sense of it all.  I know what is going on here, but I won't spoon feed the illiterate arrogant little child, so he can go and troll other forums and Sikhs with his illiterate beliefs.  Time to put on big boy pants today.  You can't push me around little boy. 

If you had done your research, you would know other Gursikhs who gave their life to the Guru wrote an account of what happened on 1699.  This account is different than the English translated document you provided.  Again no spoon feeding for you little boy.

Yawn..... still just hot air & childish remarks but still no ACTUAL facts or evidence....

With all due respect to the veers above, was just wondering what do you do if you are a woman, who has taken amrit already. Brahamgyanis of taksal and dals (giani sher singh ji) do not seem to be upset when they see a woman with dastar and shastars (not trying to sound like a feminist) and they preach "amrit shako" to men and women alike. 

1 hour ago, Khalistanisinghni said:

With all due respect to the veers above, was just wondering what do you do if you are a woman, who has taken amrit already. Brahamgyanis of taksal and dals (giani sher singh ji) do not seem to be upset when they see a woman with dastar and shastars (not trying to sound like a feminist) and they preach "amrit shako" to men and women alike. 

also nirmaley have women vidhvaans training under them so the whole thing of not speaking to /keeping company with males other than own family, not reading Guru ji in company seems to go out of the window. 

nearly all the mahapurakhs barring Takht Hazoor sahib dals gave Khande bate di amrit to female equally from  the start of past century until now , My Mum had khande di bata as a young school girl from klaren wale sant Isher Singh ji (chotte) her rehit was just as a man's .There was a dastar rehit for bibian at akal takht as my bazurg at the turn of the century as they too were given khande di amrit and this is noted in history as an action had to be taken to remove TEMPORARILY that requirement for women supposedly to encourage women to take amrit . 

so with a heavy heart I asked Guru ji for help with this issue here is Guruvaak:

ang1328/9

pRBwqI mhlw 1 ]

Prabhaatee, First Mehla:

AMimRqu nIru igAwin mn mjnu ATsiT qIrQ sMig ghy ]

One who bathes in the Ambrosial Water of spiritual wisdom takes with him the virtues of the sixty-eight sacred shrines of pilgrimage.

gur aupdyis jvwhr mwxk syvy isKu suo Koij lhY ]1]

The Guru's Teachings are the gems and jewels; the Sikh who serves Him searches and finds them. ||1||

gur smwin qIrQu nhI koie ]

There is no sacred shrine equal to the Guru.

sru sMqoKu qwsu guru hoie ]1] rhwau ]

The Guru encompasses the ocean of contentment. ||1||Pause||

guru drIAwau sdw jlu inrmlu imilAw durmiq mYlu hrY ]

The Guru is the River, from which the Pure Water is obtained forever; it washes away the filth and pollution of evil-mindedness.

siqguir pwieAY pUrw nwvxu psU pryqhu dyv krY ]2]

Finding the True Guru, the perfect cleansing bath is obtained, which transforms even beasts and ghosts into gods. ||2||

rqw sic nwim ql hIAlu so guru prmlu khIAY ]

He is said to be the Guru, with the scent of sandalwood, who is imbued with the True Name to the bottom of His Heart.

jw kI vwsu bnwspiq saurY qwsu crx ilv rhIAY ]3]

By His Fragrance, the world of vegetation is perfumed. Lovingly focus yourself on His Feet. ||3||

gurmuiK jIA pRwn aupjih gurmuiK isv Gir jweIAY ]

The life of the soul wells up for the Gurmukh; the Gurmukh goes to the House of God.

gurmuiK nwnk sic smweIAY gurmuiK inj pdu pweIAY ]4]6]

The Gurmukh, O Nanak, merges in the True One; the Gurmukh attains the exalted state of the self. ||4||6||

Edited by jkvlondon
1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Khalistanisinghni said:

Poster mahakaal doesn't know what he is saying.  There are other written documents of what happened on 1699 when Amrit was given.  Bhai Jeevan Singh ji in Sri Guru katha tells the events as most people know it today.  Bhai sahib was there and took Amrit that same day. Also baba Binod singh ji, jathedar of Buddha dal also tells the same events in Gurpur Parkash.  

When these women haters are asked why they can't provide reasons and when they do it show how illiterate they are on Sikh history, Gurbani, and writings.  If I can get my hands on bhai jeevan singhs writings I will post it on the forum. 

The Rehitnamas are dubious in many cases,I'm 100% sure that any Rehitnama given by Guru Sahib should be treated akin to an order. That being said, many texts were corrupted for various political agendas, Sau Sakhis were corrupted by Namdharis (?) and followers of Ranjit Singh (the maharaja), it wouldn't be a stretch to say that the original could easily be lost in time and people are babbling on about a corrupted one. We can't validate any of these as we don't have the original Rehitnama in Gurmukhi (i.e on parchment and ink so to speak) to compare and see where the corruptions were added. Further more the translation from 1900s would be an extremely volatile asset to the government and the anti-sikh elements surfacing. For example, there was the whole fiasco of not letting some so called "castes" take Amrit as it was a sin (iirc). If people are going to argue History then look at the full picture rather than just from 1 angle. 

From the autobiography of Bhai Sahiib Bhai Randir Singh Ji, he meets with an amritdhari woman whom he respects and looks up to immensely. If there was any anti-rehit going on, he of all people would have spoken up. Yet he never did.

Rangle Sajjan also notes about man and woman being baptised both by Khande Da Amrit. Bhai Sahib Ji was a Gurmukh of the highest level of Brahmgyan, yet he never once said it was anti-gurmat to have woman being baptised. So the question again is, Why would or should this Rehitnama hold, its Historical accuracy is Dubious at best and it completely contradicts every core pillar of Sikhism.

There is a reference to Mai Gulab Kaur in the letters. I made inquiries about her from Bhakta Duna Sing of Abbottabad who asked Bhai Narain Singh bookseller of Abbottabad to acquire the details of her life. It is learnt that Mai Gulab Kaur was born in Village Burhan in Campblpur district in the year 1920. She was the daughter of Bhai Dargha Mai, a sehajdhari Sikh and devotee of the Guru. She was married at the age of fifteen to one Bhai Des Raj of Haripur in 1935. The couple stayed in Sohewale Mohalla in Haripur. She had one son and two daughters. Ten years before her death, her husband died; Mai Gulab Kaur died some time in the year 1909‐10. She spent the last ten years of her life in a state of spiritual intoxication. Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh says that when he met her, she wore a kach, and wrapped her body in a blanket. She was amritdhari (baptised) and lived strictly according to the Khalsa code of conduct, but it is not known when and where she was baptised. At Haripur people called her Gulato, the mad woman. The Muslims revered her as a great saint, and respected her more than the Hindus and Sikhs

There is a reference to Mai Gulab Kaur in the letters. I made inquiries about her from Bhakta Duna Sing of Abbottabad who asked Bhai Narain Singh bookseller of Abbottabad to acquire the details of her life. It is learnt that Mai Gulab Kaur was born in Village Burhan in Campblpur district in the year 1920. She was the daughter of Bhai Dargha Mai, a sehajdhari Sikh and devotee of the Guru. She was married at the age of fifteen to one Bhai Des Raj of Haripur in 1935. The couple stayed in Sohewale Mohalla in Haripur. She had one son and two daughters. Ten years before her death, her husband died; Mai Gulab Kaur died some time in the year 1909‐10. She spent the last ten years of her life in a state of spiritual intoxication. Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh says that when he met her, she wore a kach, and wrapped her body in a blanket. She was amritdhari (baptised) and lived strictly according to the Khalsa code of conduct, but it is not known when and where she was baptised. At Haripur people called her Gulato, the mad woman. The Muslims revered her as a great saint, and respected her more than the Hindus and Sikhs.

Edited by Kira

On 2017-03-12 at 0:54 PM, singhbj singh said:

Above views are my own whether anyone likes them or not is their choice.

Reasonable people will go to a doctor for medicine not a soldier similarly if you are looking for good, obedient, caring wife go for someone who has virtues of Bibi Rajni ji.

Hmm where do I go to get a good caring obedient husband?? 

If Singhnis with dastaars look ugly then add me to the ugly group if you must but I will never remove my dastaar! 

1 minute ago, muscleman said:

Hmm... Let me see if I can guide you in the right direction. Before you decide to do anything else,  first,you ask the one you have quoted to do the honours. If this fails, you should wait for your parents to do the honours, second! If this fails then you must do the honours yourself, last! If this fails too, then, I am afraid, you will have to stay a spinster for the rest of your life. There is no point in marrying if you can't find a husband who is sufficiently caring and obedient towards you.  Having said this and if you do decide to marry anyway, you could always train him to be obedient and caring and if this doesn't work out then send him to a Boot Camp as far away as possible from where you live. Once you have achieved this,  Don't ever bother to call him, text him, email him or dispatch a  hand written message with the help of pigeons or parrots, come what may. Using birds for this purpose may land you in trouble with animal welfare organisations on an international scale, surely, you dont need all the hassle. Don't worry, you will definitely find a husband who will never be disobedient or uncaring towards you when the time is right. Go back to sleep now and have pleasant dreams! You poor little devil!

owe I just ejected cha out my nose LOL 

1 hour ago, HarkiranKaur said:

owe I just ejected cha out my nose LOL 

haha ... the holy grail is easier to find ... 

3 hours ago, HarkiranKaur said:

Hmm where do I go to get a good caring obedient husband?? 

I'm not sure, UK or Brasil !

Need to confirm with jvklondon Bhein ji.

1 minute ago, singhbj singh said:

surprisingly enough independent gurmukhs are available across the planet . My friends and SILs are married to some 

3 hours ago, singhbj singh said:

Jkvlondon had made her choices and metaphorically dive the lambada in front of SGGS by baring a non sikh during an anand karaj. This is accepted as beadbi by the community, hence the mixed marriage demonstrations.

To counter this, she writes extremist views on this forum, often making up facts to appear more pious or learned. 

She also broadly stereotypes people from punjab, based on having succumbed to kaam and having preferred salsa dancers -turbanned or not.

This is NOT an example for our girls to follow.

Mods - do not delete this post. Is important 

On 13/03/2017 at 8:23 PM, Guest Hide and sikh said:

Yeah, but isnt your husband brazilian? What does he know about sikhi? And unless he is also amridhari convert, arent a lot of your extremist posts hypocritical e.g. did you have anand karaj? just sayin'

ever heard of books, videos ...reading asking... yes we did have an anand karaj and we kept our word Guru ji is the central support of our life.

1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

ever heard of books, videos ...reading asking... yes we did have an anand karaj and we kept our word Guru ji is the central support of our life.

What have books got to do with it? If you were to get divorced tomorrow for whatever reason, would your husband remain a keshdari?

If not, as I suspect, he has converted in order to marry you. Not because he is a sikh. So the same way you term Sikhs to be turban wearing punjabis rather than Sikhs, doesn't that make him a turbanned salsa dancer?

And there are plenty of posts here discussing that amridharis should only marry amridharis??

1 hour ago, Guest London jwaan said:

What have books got to do with it? If you were to get divorced tomorrow for whatever reason, would your husband remain a keshdari?

If not, as I suspect, he has converted in order to marry you. Not because he is a sikh. So the same way you term Sikhs to be turban wearing punjabis rather than Sikhs, doesn't that make him a turbanned salsa dancer?

And there are plenty of posts here discussing that amridharis should only marry amridharis??

So your premise is unless a person is sikh from the get go until last breath he/she is not a sikh proper , may I ask why someone's origin has an effect on their end ?

Fact is he is his own man there is nothing to stop him from shaving or going and getting a haircut  why do you presume that anyone has a control over another ? I have seen a few people fall hard out of rehit despite being amritdhari/sarblohi etc does that mean it has something to do with the bibi who still was rehitvaan ? What would you suggest in that case her to abandon her husband or stick by his side and help him back ? 

Life events meant I needed to do pesh (operation) so I have been waiting for him ... I don't consider myself in amritdhari status but we both are sikhs .

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Topics

• Maybe with your karma you were probably supposed to be expelled that day; and Vaheguru took that out. Sorry but there are 3 types of Karma: The Karma in your bank account, (which must be used, may be destroyed with Gur-Prassad), The Karma that you MUST pay in this life, (No exception, but can be reduced with Gur-Prassad), and the Karma that you will accumulate in this life; that should be payed in life, (may or may not be forgiven). Your Bhagti and Ardas could have decreased the debt that you were suppose to pay in this life, by merely failing the test, instead of failing. This is what separates from every other Monotheistic religions; except Sikhi; and that is we believe in Karma; and how we are different from the other Dharmic Faiths is we believe in grace and mercy; (Sikhi is a universal region; only referred it as Dharmic due to location of founding). You probably studied enough to pass; but all Karma that must be paid is paid either in full; or Guru Sahib takes your bad Karma for you and says take it away. This isn't gurbani, but we read it during Ardas: "Nanak Naam Jahaz Hai, Chade So Uttre Paar O Nanak, the name of Waheguru is like a ship which will take You to Your salvation (Take You across the ocean of life) Jo Sharda Kare Sevde, Gur Paar Uttaran Hor The ones who preach Waheguru’s name in their hearts, He takes those to their salvation Gur Paar Uttaran Hor He takes those to their salvation"
    • https://gurbaninow.com/shabad/1451/17118
    • Ok so you didn't pass your test. But you can hardly blame God for that. Even though you put in a lot of work, I understand that, but maybe it wasn't enough, otherwise you would have passed right?  This is the thing, we tend to do paat to receive something. I'm not saying don't ask Waheguru for anything, because they are the only one that will bless and even I do ardas to them for help at times. But what I'm saying is, if you didn't receive what you wished for, don't be upset with Waheguru too much with the result, maybe there's a diversion coming in your life or it wasn't that you were to pass it because of something else or another opportunity. This time of sadness will pass too, it's normal to feel this way. I read somewhere once, God gives us what we need, not what we desire. I'm still trying to think of how this relates to my life too.  What's done is done now and it can't be reversed. Now you have to think what to do next, what are your other options. But first you should relax take a break and not keep dwelling on what's happened. Think positive that something good is in store in the future. I know this sounds weird, but one hasn't seen their future, you shouldn't predict your present on your future.   
    • Thank you everybody, but I still feel sad, not because I didn't get what I wanted but I feel sad with mahraj ji. what I wanted was to pass a test that ive been trying so hard for, I have done path too especially dedicated to this and ardas and on the day I even took a cyber hukamnama and it was really positive cant remember it exactly, it was something like waheguru ji gives you what you wish for (I just read the translations).... and today I was awake at amrit vela but I didn't get up to do my nitnem I stayed in bed and did simran, I just wanted to show mahraj ji that I am upset with him a little bit, just as I would do to show my mum ...... I don't know if gods feeling anything  or just doesn't care lol
    • there is a lot of iron in dal and beans especially BLACK BEANS   if you want to learn indian cooking  watch Sanjay on VAHREHVAH.COM   ...food always turns out great and he is a bit enthuastic . Recommend watching the following channels to get more info : mic.the Vegan (gives the science papers) John McDougall (Doctor - starch solution) Vegsource (all the plant based docs and info) Vegan style cooking (aussie lady showing various dishes )   Interesting for health topics : Diverse Health Services Dr John Bergman