Guest kaurrrrr

Singhnis with Dastaar look ugly?

singhbj singh    1,175
25 minutes ago, Koi said:

Please do not misuse the example of Bibi Rajni.

Much respect to all those bibis who wear the dastaar! !!!! And a bloody shame on those who discourage them!!!

Anybody can read Sikh history and draw conclusion.

No need to argue.

singhbj singh    1,175
1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

Who do you think taught Mai Bhago Sword play ? her Father, brothers and Husband , who left her with the duty of protecting he homestead and family ? Her Husband so she was considered full of the gun required of a wife and a soldier by him and she did what her Guru ji taught her so was above reproach ...and yet you come again with nonsense ...you are a lost cause 

It is official BJ thinks Mata BHag Kaur was not a good wife ... <facepalm>  I hope none of your family members ever hear this BS

OP Kaur raised the question whether to wear a turban or not ?

Her words show that she's worried about society & marriage not accepting her for wearing turban.

Which is very true when you don't come from a Jat turban wearing background.

If she's Jat then there shouldn't be a problem finding suitors accepting her with turban.

If not then better not follow racist-castist jats, listen to your parents.

Edited by singhbj singh

jkvlondon    3,501
40 minutes ago, singhbj singh said:

OP Kaur raised the question whether to wear a turban or not ?

Her words show that she's worried about society & marriage not accepting her for wearing turban.

Which is very true when you don't come from a Jat turban wearing background.

If she's Jat then there shouldn't be a problem finding suitors accepting her with turban.

If not then better not follow racist-castist jats, listen to your parents.

wow , amazing , what advice , forget your own jasba about your sikhi saroop , suppress yourself and your wishes just to fit in with non-religious narrow minded people who will never understand you and give them the false impression that you are like them, non-religious, who will then look for similar people to marry you to . 

be truthful , live and present yourself in the way you feel you want to be , don't worried about your marriage increasingly the guys are realising the values of a gursikh wife and looking for them . Only dinosaurs or punjabiyat preaching guys would want a doormat not a real partner. 

Guest Maya   
Guest Maya
On 10/03/2017 at 0:18 PM, Guest kaurrrrr said:

Vaheguru Je Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Je Ke Fateh

I have been wanting to tie a dastaar for a few years now and will one day hopefully soon, but I have noticed that some Sikhs, (particularly men and aunties) see a woman with a dastaar on as ugly? I never really gave this much of a thought, however now it's making me think, how will I find a husband if everyone thinks I am ugly? I know how I sound, and I also don't really know what I am asking, but, do we really look, ugly? Do you really think dastaar on amritdhari women should not be allowed? Why is it that amritdhari men are so against having a spouse that JUST LIKE THEM, has respect for their Guru Ji and loves their crown and is made humble by their crown, and always remembers that they are representing their faith so always do good? What is the problem?

SSA,

Yes most men find dastaar wearing singhni's its not cos of the dastaar its more to do with the kesh. Its extremism because Guru's didnt say women should wear dastaar or not cut kesh. Dashmesh pitta created kaur for Sikh women to be princesses to beautify themselves and not created singhni's (lionesses). Singhni's are a new innovation created by the singh sabha movement in 18th-19th century to separate their women from hindus and muslims. Guru ji knew women and men are different in nature with different bodys for a different purpose. Men are naturally attracted to hairless beautiful women and women are attracted to masculine hairy chest hunter gather brave confident men.

The false narrative of equality was given by liberal cuck Sikhs by the british to create weak sikhs and singh sabha movement to stop their women being attractive to non-khalsa men.

There are 3 type of women who become sikh women who tend to be daastar wearers

1) Those who believe in brainwashed false concept of equality and are feminists

2) Those who are weak minded and bullied into wearing it and keeping kesh by peers, family,etc

3) Liberal types who wear dastaar but may continue to cut their hair, wear makeup, have tattoo's and partake in anti-sikh lifestyle and activities.

In the end you should always go back to the Guru and what did Sikh women at the time wear. Did they wear dastaar or did they wear modest clothes and chuni? You will find most wore chuni's

Guest Gupt   
Guest Gupt
6 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

I will not tolerate beadbhi of our mahaan gursikhs  so you can choose to call me hot headed I don't care  but that was your warning the three times is coming close ...

And as for my husband he would have handed you your teeth by now for being disrespectful to Mahaan Gursikh Bibian of our panth. 

oh so now we know civil in BJ's vocab means meek and will not speak even when something bad is happening. Sure you aren't a closet pandit?

Jasbir Kaur Villaschi,

Give it a rest.

Are you sure you are an Amritdhari Sikh? You certainly do not act nor speak like one. If you are, please consider visiting the Panj Pyare and asking for Pesh. Making violent threats and using potty-mouth language is not Gurmat. Samjh?

Also, I doubt your husband would do that as violence seeing as he is a Brazilian who knows very, very little about Sikhi itihaas.

You are not fooling anyone here.

Mahakaal96    246

According to maryada of Hazoor Sahib & Buddha Dal women were never given Khande Di Pahul. Hazoor Sahib/Buddha Dal has maintained the original maryada since time of 10ve patshah. Sikhi in the area of Hazoor Sahib is much stronger then the whole of Punjab (man made maryada land). Every Sikh in Nanded is mostly kesadhari & shasterdhari. They have Prakash of Sri Dasam Granth & never had a problem where Mahants bought murtis into the Gurdwara like what happened in Panjab but still get accused of being followers of Hindu traditions. Naamdharis were the first to start giving amrit to women around the late 1800's, there's written proof of this. Watch this video to get knowledge about why & when women were given amrit & when it all started;

jkvlondon    3,501
2 hours ago, Mahakaal96 said:

According to maryada of Hazoor Sahib & Buddha Dal women were never given Khande Di Pahul. Hazoor Sahib/Buddha Dal has maintained the original maryada since time of 10ve patshah. Sikhi in the area of Hazoor Sahib is much stronger then the whole of Punjab (man made maryada land). Every Sikh in Nanded is mostly kesadhari & shasterdhari. They have Prakash of Sri Dasam Granth & never had a problem where Mahants bought murtis into the Gurdwara like what happened in Panjab but still get accused of being followers of Hindu traditions. Naamdharis were the first to start giving amrit to women around the late 1800's, there's written proof of this. Watch this video to get knowledge about why & when women were given amrit & when it all started;

so please explain to me why there is sakhi of Dasmesh pita ji giving Amrit to Mai Bhago and if sikh women never had amrit how did their names changed to Kaur and how did they remain equal in sikhi?

This guy in the video has been excommunicated from panth for his views... 

Edited by jkvlondon

Guest Jacfsing2   
Guest Jacfsing2
2 hours ago, Mahakaal96 said:

You know you posted something from a guy who doesn't even believe in the light of Vaheguru: Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. http://www.yespunjab.com/sikh/issues/item/3668-akal-takht-excommunicates-dharam-singh-nihang The Free Akal Takht Jathedars also have supported his excommunication.

Mahakaal96    246
57 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

You know you posted something from a guy who doesn't even believe in the light of Vaheguru: Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. http://www.yespunjab.com/sikh/issues/item/3668-akal-takht-excommunicates-dharam-singh-nihang The Free Akal Takht Jathedars also have supported his excommunication.

1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

so please explain to me why there is sakhi of Dasmesh pita ji giving Amrit to Mai Bhago and if sikh women never had amrit how did their names changed to Kaur and how did they remain equal in sikhi?

This guy in the video has been excommunicated from panth for his views... 

Listen to his katha on Guru Granth Sahib to make up your own mind.... he was ex-communicated for political reasons under the guise of him supposedly being anti Guru Granth Sahib (which he is not as evidenced in his SGGS katha). He was ex-communicated because he openly calls akal takht corrupt & under the control of government & openly criticises the jathedars.

Mata Bhago ji's final resting place & tap asthan is just south of Hazur Sahib... no one there refers to Mata Ji using 'Kaur'. 

All Hukamname issued by Mata Sahib Deva were signed by Mata as 'Mata Sahib Devi'... no use of the word 'kaur' by Mata herself. 

Please provide historical written source that predates 1900 that gives evidence that women were given amrit... apparently there is no source available so would like clarification on this 

Edited by Mahakaal96
  • Like 1

Guest Jacfsing2   
Guest Jacfsing2
1 hour ago, Mahakaal96 said:

Listen to his katha on Guru Granth Sahib to make up your own mind.... he was ex-communicated for political reasons under the guise of him supposedly being anti Guru Granth Sahib (which he is not as evidenced in his SGGS katha). He was ex-communicated because he openly calls akal takht corrupt & under the control of government & openly criticises the jathedars.

Mata Bhago ji's final resting place & tap asthan is just south of Hazur Sahib... no one there refers to Mata Ji using 'Kaur'. 

All Hukamname issued by Mata Sahib Deva were signed by Mata as 'Mata Sahib Devi'... no use of the word 'kaur' by Mata herself. 

Please provide historical written source that predates 1900 that gives evidence that women were given amrit... apparently there is no source available so would like clarification on this 

Any Taksali will tell you a man can't take Amrit without his wife, let's not forget in 1978 and 1984 it wasn't Anti-Woman Amrit Sanchars people who gave their lives for Sikhi, but rather Taksalis and AKJs. They weren't busy with killing goats, but rather bringing enemies to justice.

singhbj singh    1,175

Let's not make it Amrit n Keski discussion.

Key words are "Turban" n "Marriage"

Nowadays women wear turban as a fashion statement. They are unable to control their urge to look good so they remove hair. This is unacceptable as per punjabi version of Rehat Maryada.

So what's the point of wearing one & promoting hypocrisy.

Kindly read Gurbani verses regarding Bhekh

http://www.gurbani.org/articles/webart15.htm

• Like 1

Mahakaal96    246
1 hour ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Any Taksali will tell you a man can't take Amrit without his wife, let's not forget in 1978 and 1984 it wasn't Anti-Woman Amrit Sanchars people who gave their lives for Sikhi, but rather Taksalis and AKJs. They weren't busy with killing goats, but rather bringing enemies to justice.

I asked for historical sources that predate 1900 that give evidence of women taking amrit... not emotional blackmail pappu parchar. Even if what your saying is right then that would mean that in 1699 the Panj Pyare would only have been allowed to take amrit WITH their wives & when Mahraj themselves took amrit they would only have been allowed to do so WITH Mata Sundri Ji, Mata Jeeto Ji & Mata Sahib Deva Ji! There's eye witness written accounts of what happened that day... of how mahraj asked for 5 heads.. beheaded 5 heads then bought back to life then bowed down & took amrit from panj pyare themselves... no where does it mention women or that the men could only take amrit with their wife. 

If women took amrit & became 'kaurs' then why are all handwritten hukamname of Mata Sahib Deva signed Mata Sahib Devi & not kaur??

Naamdharis have written sources that say they were the first to give women amrit & did so around 1850 onwards.

• Like 1

Guest Average Singh   
Guest Average Singh

You do not need to worry about men considering you as ugly. On the contrary, I foresee many Singhs showing interest in you when you tie a dastar. I remember having a conversation with one of my friends when she first started wearing her dastar. I asked her, has they way men treat you changed much? Her response was along the lines of "I still get hit on as much as before. Men are just as flirtatious." The truth is, it doesnt make a difference to most people, except the people that hate women wearing dastars and the backward pind type. And those are two groups of people that really don't matter. 

Akalifauj    791
11 hours ago, Mahakaal96 said:

According to maryada of Hazoor Sahib & Buddha Dal women were never given Khande Di Pahul. Hazoor Sahib/Buddha Dal has maintained the original maryada since time of 10ve patshah.

Hazoor Sahib as Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji left it is very different than how it is today.  Many false practices are taking place at Hazoor Sahib today.  Not to mention it's run by a RSS leader/member currently by the name of Amrik Singh Varsikar. 

Buddha Dal claim their lineage goes back to the Sixth Guru and is named after Baba Budha ji.  Amrit was first introduced by Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji as Charan Pahul.  Bhai Gurdas ji has wrote this history in his vaaran (vaar 1, pauri 23).  Bhai Gurdas ji writes Sikhs were given Charan Pahul by the Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji.  There was no stipulation on which gender can take Charan Pahul or who can't, clearly stated Sikhs.  Sixth Guru kept up the lineage of Charan Pahul as Amrit from the Punj Pyare started much later in 1699.  Since Buddha Dal wants to claim their lineage all the way back to the first war fought by Sikhs (which were at the time of Sixth Guru), this would mean Buddha Dal followed Charan Pahul from the Guru given to Sikhs, which includes males and females.  So the question for you to answer now is, what changed from Charan Pahul to Punj Pyare where women were never given Khande Di Pahul?  This is your claim, women were never given amrit from the Punj Pyare, so substantiate it and tells us what changed.  Provide references to where you find the answers and links, so you can be given a good lesson.  Little kids shouldn`t play with fire...

Sikhi in the area of Hazoor Sahib is much stronger then the whole of Punjab (man made maryada land). Every Sikh in Nanded is mostly kesadhari & shasterdhari.

Well when you define Sikhi including manmat practices, then its very easily for the locals to follow that fake version of Sikhi.  It's like the other deras who allow their followers to drink and smoke.  All they have to do is make a false claim they are apart of the dera and like magic the dera followers are much stronger in their beliefs.  Kesh and shastar only help when the shackles of manmat practices are lifted off the head.  These poor people are enslaved by hindu rituals in the disguise of a Sikh identity. 

They have Prakash of Sri Dasam Granth

So what, they worship the very devta and devis Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji tells them not to worship in Sri Dasam Granth Sahib ji. 

& never had a problem where Mahants bought murtis into the Gurdwara like what happened in Panjab but still get accused of being followers of Hindu traditions.

Very confusing sentences, but I believe you are saying, the Hazoor Sahib leaders had no problem with mahants bringing murtis in Gurdwaras.  If so, then you don`t have the basic understanding of Gurbani from Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji or Sri Dasam Granth Sahib ji.  Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji called the murti worshipper a murakh (completely blind) and Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji says, he break murtis.  The first and 10 Guru have made it crystal clear on not to allow murtis in Gurdwaras, which will basically turn into murti worship.  Mahant were bringing in murtis of devta and devis who were never to be worshipped.  So take your head out of the murti and maybe start reading Gurbani.  

Naamdharis were the first to start giving amrit to women around the late 1800's, there's written proof of this. Watch this video to get knowledge about why & when women were given amrit & when it all started;

If you are going to believe the claim of Naamdharis, then you also must believe Baba Ram Singh ji said he was the Guru of the Sikhs.  Here I will give you a better example of your illogical reasoning.  I was the first one to claim this poster, Mahakaal is a pandit terrorist who believes in cow worship.  I claimed it, now it must be true.  So mahakaal how does it feels to drink the urine of cows as you worship them.

Edited by Akalifauj

Akalifauj    791
4 hours ago, Mahakaal96 said:

If women took amrit & became 'kaurs' then why are all handwritten hukamname of Mata Sahib Deva signed Mata Sahib Devi & not kaur??

Naamdharis have written sources that say they were the first to give women amrit & did so around 1850 onwards.

In your previous post you say amrit from Punj Pyare was not given to women.  You believe this to be true.  The other side claims kaur was given to women who took amrit.  Since you think women were never given Amrit before naamdhari started around 1850, you can`t say Mata Sahib Kaur ji never took amrit because her handwritten hukamname never put kaur in her name.  How could she place Kaur in her name when you don`t even believe the initial event of taking Amrit by a women never happened, which would have allowed her to place kaur in her name.  Once you use the primary claim of no women was given amrit.  The secondary reason (hand written hukamname never had kaur in them) is nulled and can`t be a support for the primary reason.  

Guess what.......I`m just getting started with you.  This will be a good brain refreshing exercise.       

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• Very good advice. Take a deep look at your life partner. 
    • That was the issue to begin with, I had heard this but I could never find the source to it. Which made it controversial to some people. 
    • God through Gurbani & Science. The writer of the book has done a-lot of research and almost all of writing within the book reference Brahmgyanis, scholars and other mahapurkhs as the source of what he put down. If there's anything in particular you want to read I an upload it here, I really don't mind. Or message me and I'll send you it. The hierarchy is something like Indra<Brahma<Shiva<Vishnu<Maya As one passes another takes his place, same for the other trinity.  Guru Ji wanted us to worship the Supreme Lord, not the Devtas. I'm speculating here (as I could never hope to understand what Akaal Purkh Saroop Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj was thinking) but if these secrets were all released at the time then there was nothing stopping the Hindus just worshipping a respected Sahibzaade to continue Devta pooja.  The universe is so mysterious and vast, heck if you read other scriptures there's interesting details about why certain avatars of Vishnu had to take birth through the womb. These facts are omitted from other texts. Probably the ones that are contained to our brahmand (Galaxy) since each region has its own trinity.  Again im just speculating. You dont need to tell me that penji  the main issue arises when everyone tries to link Sikhi into everything, rather than treating it like a full picture they see it as a jigsaw.
    • In my work, I have to deal with lots of frustration and once in a while I literally feel punching wall. Anger is very bad. I find some ways by not letting steam getting filled in my head: Start saying “NO” when you meant to say no. Don’t take any project whether at home or work. It may offend other person but it will be quick and short term. If you say yes and then you end up not doing it and start making excuses etc will end up having 2 hot heads clashing with each other. Music helps a lot. Listen to classical music or a soothing simran or mool mantar jaap helps diverting your attention to positive-ness.
    • which confirms what guru ji has said that they are just as subject to panj chor /maya as others