singhbj singh

Aam Aadmi Party as Third Player in Punjab Politics

5 posts in this topic

One significant political outcome from AAP’s entry into Punjab politics as a key player is that the issue of Punjab politics being governed by Punjab politicians and not Delhi-based centralised leaders has acquired importance like never before.

http://www.epw.in/journal/2017/3/web-exclusives/aam-aadmi-party-third-player-punjab-politics.html

Interesting how nearly all polls had AAP at around 60% and the result was congress at 60%

There can be a number of reasons why punjabis voted for Congress.

1. SYL

2. Congress is pro business. AAP tried to control corruption in govt offices but "Chor-Baeemaan can't change there nature of accepting n giving bribes" result corruption is still there amount of bribe has gone up 10 times in Delhi. Punjabis don't want that to happen in Punjab.

3. Akalis knew they were going to loose so they told workers to support Congress secure a win in constituencies other than top bosses.

4. Punjabis don't trust outsiders they voted for local leaders rather than Jarnail Singh shoe thrower.

5. 1984 is not an issue is present Punjab, Mr Phoolka should work on current problems if he wants to win an election.

6. Kejriwal didn't invite a Sardar into his cabinet in Delhi and hopes to rule Sardar heart land is childish.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Topics

• Not sour grapes at all. I just simply feel that you can't raise strong boys when you've mollycoddled them their whole life.  This tendency from apnay parents goes a long way in explaining why a lot of apnay grow up to be beta-males. I perfectly understand why they do it, it's because it's a safe bet.  But it would be nice if we had a lot more guys who weren't just groomed from birth to be office drones. But you have highlighted a really important thing we should all understand: That in the end, despite all the fronting, most apnay aren't really interested in politics, social issues or even religion, what they do crave is comfortable lives - I get this - it's logical.  But let's not get so blinded by this that we end up like the brothers and sisters in Delhi in 84 or those in Afghanistan right now.    
    • You seriously need to check your language and attitude. Your acting like a school kid with a foul mouth that needs rinsing with large bar of soap for your own good.  So your saying we should not aspire to move to bigger and better areas and improve ourselves. Just so you can fufill your hunger at cheap chicken and chip shops and shisha lounges.  Good luck with representing east london from your computer. You keyboard warrior wannabe thug.  p.s there is a difference between 'running away from muslims' and simply moving to a better area that has better schools and houses.  Maybe you are just jealous of others because you are still stuck where you are while others have become more succesfull and moved on. Sounds like sour grapes to me.       
    • And that's EXACTLY how you turn into a pu55y.  Fact is that our people have lived in tonda majority areas and thrived as leaders (before white men showed up). No one is saying (at least not me) that we should crawl up their ar5e. But f**king running off from them like a scared w**ker isn't even a strategy. Wherever the f**k you are, they'll soon turn up - they have numbers for it.  Let's be frank, most of our lot are too dumb and pu55y to put a strong flag down to mark their territory these days. Oh, and you keep running off with whitey to the burbs. See how long you last before your daughters turn out into brown versions of those 'Faces Nightclub' girls. 
    • Guest singh1999
      wjkk, wjkf. i am a 17 year old amritdhari singh and have been thinking about buying a motorcycle, but i live in California where if you want to ride a motorcycle you are required to wear a helmet. so  i am not sure if i will be able to put a helmet over my pagh (gol dastar) and was trying to see what the advice the sangat gives, wjkk, wjkf
    • Some people have too much time on their hands am afraid... Probably same people like "why you wasting time doing nothing? Go do paat!" Lol.