dallysingh101

Kavi Kankan's Das Gur Katha

5 posts in this topic

I'm gonna dump this incomplete translation here, so I remember to try and finish it one of these days. It's from Kavi Kankan who was purportedly a darbari kavi in dasmesh pita's darbar:

 

ਤਿਨ ਕਾ ਸੁਤ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਸਿੰਘ ਸਭ ਗੁਰੂਅਨ ਸਿਰਮੌਰ।

Their [Guru Tegh Bahadur's] son, Gobind Singh the sovereign of all spiritual teachers (gurus)

 

ਜੈਸੇ ਅਵਿਤਾਰਨ ਬਿਖੈ ਕ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਨ ਸਮਾਨ ਨ ਔਰ।।

in the way no other amongst the avtaars is equal to Krishna 

 

 

ਸ੍ਵੈਯਾ - ਪੀਰਨ ਤੇ ਜਿਨ ਪੀਰੀ ਹਰੀ ਲੀਨੀ ਗੁਰਾਈ।

Swaiya - ......... or absorption of the spiritual to spirituality ??

 

 

ਸ਼ਾਹਨਿ ਸੋਂ ਪਤਿਸਾਹੀ ਹਰੀ ਅਰੁ ਮੀਰਨ ਕੀ ਜਿਨ ਮੀਰੀ ਗਵਾਈ।

Who can remove sovereignty from royalty and cause the affluent to lose their affluence.

 

 

ਚਾਰੋਂ ਹੀ ਬਰਨ ਮਿਲਾਯ ਦੀਏ ਜਿਨ ਕਾਹੂੰ ਮੈ ਨਾਂਹਿ ਰਹੀ ਬਿਸਨਾਈ (1) ।

Causing the four castes to mingle, who said they say will not remain Vaisnav

 

ਐਸੋ ਹੀ ਮੇਂ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਸਿੰਘ ਅਕਾਲ ਅਕਾਲ ਕੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਜਪਾਈ।

In this way, I Gobind Singh caused the bani of Akaal Akaal to be recited

 

ਸੋਹਤ ਹੈ ਕਲਗੀ ਤਿਹ ਸੀਸ ਪੈ ਹੀਰਨ ਕੀ ਜੜਤੀ ਸੋਂ ਜੜਾਈ।

Adorning a beautiful diamond set aigrette (kalgi) upon the head

 

ਇੰਦਰ ਕੀ ਕਲਗੀ ਹੂੰ ਤੇ ਸੁੰਦਰ ਚੰਦ ਔ ਸੂਰ ਤੇ ਜੋਤਿ ਸਵਾਈ।

More beautiful than the aigrette of Inder, brighter than the light of the sun and moon

 

 

ਮੋਤਿਨ ਮਾਲ ਬਸੈ ਗਰ ਪੈ ਜੈਸੇ ਸ਼ਯਾਮ ਗਰੇ ਬਨ ਮਾਲ (2) ਸੁਹਾਈ।

 

A rosary of pearls upon him like the beautiful garland tied to Shyam's neck

 

ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਸਿੰਘ ਕਹਾਵਤ ਹੀ ਜਿਨ ਤੀਨ ਹੂੰ ਲੋਕ ਮੈਂ ਕੀਨੀ ਗੁਰਾਈ।।

 

 

 

 

Footnotes:

 

(1)

ਵੈਸ਼ਨਵਪਣਾ, ਵਿਸ਼ਨੂੰ ਉਪਾਸ਼ਕ ਉੱਪਸ਼ਕ ਉੱਚ ਜਾਤੀ ਲੋਕ । ਉੱਚਤਾ । (ਅ) ਬੇ + ਆਸ਼ਨਾਈ = ਨਾ ਮਿਲਵਰਤਣ ।

 

(2)

ਬਨ ਦੇ ਫੁਲਾਂ ਦੀ ਮਾਲਾ ।

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2017 at 5:46 AM, dallysingh101 said:

I'm gonna dump this incomplete translation here, so I remember to try and finish it one of these days. It's from Kavi Kankan who was purportedly a darbari kavi in dasmesh pita's darbar:

 

ਤਿਨ ਕਾ ਸੁਤ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਸਿੰਘ ਸਭ ਗੁਰੂਅਨ ਸਿਰਮੌਰ।

Their [Guru Tegh Bahadur's] son, Gobind Singh the sovereign of all spiritual teachers (gurus)

 

ਜੈਸੇ ਅਵਿਤਾਰਨ ਬਿਖੈ ਕ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਨ ਸਮਾਨ ਨ ਔਰ।।

in the way no other amongst the avtaars is equal to Krishna 

 

 

ਸ੍ਵੈਯਾ - ਪੀਰਨ ਤੇ ਜਿਨ ਪੀਰੀ ਹਰੀ ਲੀਨੀ ਗੁਰਾਈ।

Swaiya - ......... or absorption of the spiritual to spirituality ??

 

 

ਸ਼ਾਹਨਿ ਸੋਂ ਪਤਿਸਾਹੀ ਹਰੀ ਅਰੁ ਮੀਰਨ ਕੀ ਜਿਨ ਮੀਰੀ ਗਵਾਈ।

Who can remove sovereignty from royalty and cause the affluent to lose their affluence.

 

 

ਚਾਰੋਂ ਹੀ ਬਰਨ ਮਿਲਾਯ ਦੀਏ ਜਿਨ ਕਾਹੂੰ ਮੈ ਨਾਂਹਿ ਰਹੀ ਬਿਸਨਾਈ (1) ।

Causing the four castes to mingle, who said they say will not remain Vaisnav

 

ਐਸੋ ਹੀ ਮੇਂ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਸਿੰਘ ਅਕਾਲ ਅਕਾਲ ਕੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਜਪਾਈ।

In this way, I Gobind Singh caused the bani of Akaal Akaal to be recited

 

ਸੋਹਤ ਹੈ ਕਲਗੀ ਤਿਹ ਸੀਸ ਪੈ ਹੀਰਨ ਕੀ ਜੜਤੀ ਸੋਂ ਜੜਾਈ।

Adorning a beautiful diamond set aigrette (kalgi) upon the head

 

ਇੰਦਰ ਕੀ ਕਲਗੀ ਹੂੰ ਤੇ ਸੁੰਦਰ ਚੰਦ ਔ ਸੂਰ ਤੇ ਜੋਤਿ ਸਵਾਈ।

More beautiful than the aigrette of Inder, brighter than the light of the sun and moon

 

 

ਮੋਤਿਨ ਮਾਲ ਬਸੈ ਗਰ ਪੈ ਜੈਸੇ ਸ਼ਯਾਮ ਗਰੇ ਬਨ ਮਾਲ (2) ਸੁਹਾਈ।

 

A rosary of pearls upon him like the beautiful garland tied to Shyam's neck

 

ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਸਿੰਘ ਕਹਾਵਤ ਹੀ ਜਿਨ ਤੀਨ ਹੂੰ ਲੋਕ ਮੈਂ ਕੀਨੀ ਗੁਰਾਈ।।

 

 

 

 

Footnotes:

 

(1)

ਵੈਸ਼ਨਵਪਣਾ, ਵਿਸ਼ਨੂੰ ਉਪਾਸ਼ਕ ਉੱਪਸ਼ਕ ਉੱਚ ਜਾਤੀ ਲੋਕ । ਉੱਚਤਾ । (ਅ) ਬੇ + ਆਸ਼ਨਾਈ = ਨਾ ਮਿਲਵਰਤਣ ।

 

(2)

ਬਨ ਦੇ ਫੁਲਾਂ ਦੀ ਮਾਲਾ ।

I have actually ordered Bindra's transliteration and will receive it in a few days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 13Mirch said:

I have actually ordered Bindra's transliteration and will receive it in a few days. 

Bindra has passed away (I'm sure I read that in the last few years somewhere?)

I had no idea that anyone had transliterated Gur Das Katha (I think Ami Shah might have done it, but that doesn't seem publically available yet?) 

Are you sure you are not talking about Sarup Kaushish's Guru kia sakhia, which is a different work? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Bindra has passed away (I'm sure I read that in the last few years somewhere?)

I had no idea that anyone had transliterated Gur Das Katha (I think Ami Shah might have done it, but that doesn't seem publically available yet?) 

Are you sure you are not talking about Sarup Kaushish's Guru kia sakhia, which is a different work? 

Will double check. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now



  • Topics

  • Posts

    •       Why are you playing into her games?  She is being a brat.  She's the little child in the store aisles crying for a chocolate bar.  Ignore her whining and crying.  Go on with your day as a man with strength and show her you don't need her.  Flip the tables, show her, she needs you and the family.  Show her, you and your parents are one unit and will not be broken.    This has nothing to do with marrying a girl from india.  Majority of the women born and/or raised in western countries don't even know how to cook.  Forget about living with the parents after marriage.  Even if they live with the parents, they can't cook roti for the father in law, what use is such a woman, who can't cook for her husband's parents.  Might as well get a maid they are cheaper because they don't take half of your stuff.  All these western girls know is how to spend money on a face mask and body massages by men.  They will gladly take their clothes off for a massage, but will go to kill the father in law if he ask for a cooked meal.  Their priorities are all screwed up.  They gladly take their clothes off for a picture on instragram.  Why do some of these mona who are married to these western girls drink so much?  Because they are upset with themselves for marrying a sl*t.  They couldn't think straight at the time of marrying the bimbo because they were look for the wrong qualities.  Their dad warned them about marrying the girl who gives the milk for free, but they were lost in the face mask.  The grass is not greener on the other side.  If anything it's manure and second hand sloppy joe's.  You can fix your issue.  Best thing you can do is not show you are being hurt by her.  By showing you are hurt, she thinks sooner or later you will give into her demands.  Show her, you can care less of her stupid demands and are happy with living with the family.   Don't scare her or show any sign of violence or  show any sign of any weakness in you.  Many guys have been in your situation. When she ask for something, ask her to do something which she refuses to do.  She says no, walk away and ignore her request.  Children who don't eat their vegetables ask for ice cream, but smart parents don't give them ice cream till the child eats the vegetables and makes it clear, no ice cream till vegetables are done.  She has a roof over her head, bed to sleep on, and food to eat.  Anything extra she ask for is not to be provided.  You are not her servant, she needs to play an equal role in the household to be treated as an equal.  Your parents and you are not their to serve her wants and desires. 
    • Guy's this news seems to be racist but considering Socio-political environment in UK it should be okay. I remember getting stares from Londoners having this t-shirt on.
    • Yes this backwards post is a lot more professional.  Make sure to wipe the dirt off of your knees after leaving your bosses office.  What does your situation have to do with another person's issues?  NOTHING!!!! Stop your crying and whining and take off your wife's dress.  The original poster's wife doesn't want to work and wants to leave the house.  The guy wrote nothing about mother in law being anything.  Yet, you damn dress wearing men target the mother in law?  Your wife's dress is too tight for you take it off, it's making you see things.  With a weak father like you, your kids are going to turn out to be push overs, whether you leave the house or not.  You are the problem, not your dad.  Grow a pair.  If it wasn't for your parents, you wouldn't exist and neither will the fetus in your wife's belly.  Damn you are d*mb.  You must have gone to school to be this stupid, no one is this stupid without going to school for it.  The original poster wrote nothing about his family telling him to disrespect the wife.  Instead his wife is disrespecting his family by being a sloth and mentally abusing the husband into depression and sadness.  My request to you little men with wife's dresses on is to get DNA checks on whose kids you are raising. 
    • With all due respect, as long as he isn't breaking forum rules he should be free to post whatever he wishes. If Jagsaw has seen fit to create a special little enclave on this forum where he can espouse his certain brand of beliefs and delusions to a willing audience, despite being banned, anyone should be free to post whatever they feel to be suitable (within the rules), especially when being directly addressed by the creator of this thread. 
    • Isis fed baby to its mother and raped a 10-year-old girl to death in front of family, Iraqi MP claims. Extremist group have waged campaign of genocide against the minority group. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/isis-fed-baby-mother-raped-girl-death-family-iraqi-mp-vian-dakhil-a7811216.html?amp