Usernametaken1

Sikh Girls

4 posts in this topic

A common thing which genuinely arises when its summer is how can Amritdhari girls who have their head covered and do not remove hair look pretty?

I know a lot of the sangat is going to say we don't need to look pretty etc but being a girl - it is important to look good.

I have many Sikh friends and I've noticed a lot of them feel the same way ...

I remember reading somewhere that when looking pretty hair generally play a big role but many amritdhari girls cover their head (maybe dastar or patka)

we don't shape our eyebrows or wear makeup

Don't misunderstand me and think I am complaining, this is all good stuff that we do

but the question is, what can we do to kind of replace those things and make ourselves feel that we are also looking pretty too.

I don't know how much of this is making sense, I thought it was just me but talking to friends ive noticed it is something that goes on in many amritdhari girls minds.

look at it this way , what kind of girls have zero/minimal hair on their armpits , legs and bikini area ...pre-pubescent girls i.e. underage girls ...do you want to look like that and what kind of males will you attract ? Those who find that look/feel appealing i.e. suspect 

Why not do what many of our brothers do and tie more beautiful dastars , elaborate in line , multicolours, make it about your crown not your face . Clothing can be lighterweight but well-cut, simple yet memorable , revive pride in punjabi rav pyjama you don't have to have your legs out to be fashionable these days .

you can be well groomed despite the lack of makeup , comb your eyebrows, smooth them with fingertips you don't need to pluck to look sleek, moisturize your skin, eat loads of fresh fruit to get beautiful skin and drink loads of water so you eliminate breakouts , it's not that hard. Your lips and cheeks will have their own internal rosiness skip the blush. exercise daily and your yes will sparkle and you'll an air of confidence from knowing you are Guru Pita ji's beloved daughter.

2 people like this

Beauty is not defined by what you do, but how you do it. An example is some people put on excess of make-up and they end-up looking like clowns from circus, even when their goal was to be atttactive. Another example in reverse is a Kaur, (daughter of her father Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji), wears a dastar, she has no intention of making herself beautiful to worldly standards, but is beautiful anyway.

4 people like this

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Topics

• If you can't do it in one sitting, then it's ok to do what you can and carry on the rest in another sitting. 
    • International Sikh Research Conference 2017 TIME Sat Jun 17 2017 at 09:00 am  VENUE University of Warwick, Coventry, United Kingdom CREATED BY  Sikh Research Conference                                                                                      The 4th International Sikh Research Conference(ISRC).The annual International Sikh Research Conference (ISRC) is running for the forth time at the University of Warwick on 17th June 2017. The conference will bring together renowned and upcoming Scholars from the UK and around the world. Researchers have previously presented innovative research into important subjects such as *Sikh identity * Sikh Martial Tradition *Gender issues* Sikh religious texts* Sikhs and the Internet* Sikh philosophy *Radicalisation and other important topics.You can still sumbit a paper for the conference visit:  http://www.sikhconference.co.uk/c4p/ Book your place now. Register at  http://www.sikhconference.co.uk/registerandpay/ Please note that you cannot pay on the day.

The programme starts between 9.00am-9.30am and the program aims to be finished by 6pm.      Source - https://allevents.in/coventry/international-sikh-research-conference-2017/236610506797022
    • Just saying, if there is a ban on our turban(s) then there will be a new era of protests. 
    • Speaking up against the Indian Govt might cause problems and horrible propagandas so I think we should do this low key since we need to do MORE than just Protesting, we need to actually INVEST!