Guest weaksoul

Je koi sikh `havan` karawe ghar wich tan ki ooh sikh kehlawega?

10 posts in this topic

This is the description box. 

In here you're supposed to write the description of the topic,as what you wrote in the title:

"Je koi sikh `havan` karawe ghar wich tan ki ooh sikh kehlawega? "

And the title should summarise what the topic is about, so it can be identified easily and from search option. 

Edited by simran345

Let me get my Joogle Translate app working:

If a Sikh conducts a havan ritual, should they call themselves a Sikh?

Firstly, what's a havan, lol? I'm guessing it's a Hindu ritual or something?

36 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Havan is fire used in worship, basically people put offerings inside it and hope something happens. 

On 3/9/2017 at 3:30 AM, Guest weaksoul said:

Don't know what to write here

Sikhs don't do Havan, but the Turban-Wearers,(don't really got any other term for this group), who do Havan are called Naamdhari, they don't believe Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the Guru, nor do they accept Khand Di Pahul which requires initates to wear Kirpan, (they believe in a Symbolic Kirpan on the Kangha).

1 person likes this

On 11/03/2017 at 0:04 PM, MisterrSingh said:

its a hindu ritual. They sacrifice stuff into fires to bring good luck etc. Sometimes in the form of vegetation or even animals depending on what branch of Hinduism you follow. 

2 people like this

As far as my knowledge of hinduism goes, havan is a way of worship and meditation prescribed by the first and second layer of the vedas, namely the "sanhita" (compilation) and "aranya"(forest).

So the ancient indians followed this system while their wisdom about paarbrahm was still developing. 

However the later layers of vedas,  the "brahmanas" and "upanishad" (literally meaning "sitting close to guru humbly") rejects this and outward worship of havan is replaced by inner contemplation and "knowing of self" which is core of every Upanishads. 

So even later day hinduism reject pretty much everything of what gurmat rejects. 

So a "sikh" who does havan is like a fool who takes a bullock cart when he has a private jet. 

3 people like this

On 12/03/2017 at 6:51 PM, Kira said:

its a hindu ritual. They sacrifice stuff into fires to bring good luck etc. Sometimes in the form of vegetation or even animals depending on what branch of Hinduism you follow. 

reminds me of the bollywood depictions in childhood of lines of pandits spooning ghee into fires saying their mantras ending something like 'om namo swaha' to which somebody quipped in house tere sirr vich swaha.... much giggling ensued . But truly it is pointless , Aka Purakh gives you aan,  padarath to use for yourself and  the needy and yet they would prefer to burn it than give it in daan to the poor . 

Edited by jkvlondon

2 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

reminds me of the bollywood depictions in childhood of lines of pandits spooning ghee into fires saying their mantras ending something like 'om namo swaha' to which somebody quipped in house tere sirr vich swaha.... much giggling ensued . But truly it is pointless , Aka Purakh gives you aan,  padarath to use for yourself and  the needy and yet they would prefer to burn it than give it in daan to the poor . 

Well they throw water at the sun expecting their ancestors will get it? The rational thing is to give water to some random alive person.

28 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Well they throw water at the sun expecting their ancestors will get it? The rational thing is to give water to some random alive person.

It originally started at something else ! There's no way ancient sages were stupid enough to preach that ancestors lived inside sun ! 

Sage yagyavalkya (to whom is credited shukl(white) recension of yajurveda and who is key figure of Brihadaranyaka (great forest) upanishad , which records his spiritual discussion with his spiritually inclined wife "maitreyi" , talks of "sun" repeatedly 

and it was believed that it was sun who revealed Shukl YajurVeda to this sage ! 

however, "sun" is akal purakh ! sun of suns ! 

People misinterpret ! It happens in sikhi too but much less frequent because our baani is simple to understand ! not tough sanskrit and also because we're newer religion, so not many modifications 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Topics

• I'd be interested if it was plant life, just to see how the structure/cells differ from earthly ones. 
    • Guest Canadian Sikh
      Sister, pulling a parchi makes no sense. Taking hukamnama is a great suggestion but the hukamnama is not going to tell you which boy to take...Unfortunately there are no shabads that say America wala or England wala lol... My suggestion is you go sit in the charna of Sri Guru Granth Sahib at your local gurdwara for an hour. Sit there and really focus on your issue. Maharaja will show you the direction.  
    • Guest Canadian Sikh
      Seeing lots of stories like this popping up. Western boys going to India for a girl and the girl being a <banned word filter activated> human being. Fact is, about 60% of Punjabi girls in India are disgraced. It is quite common for random hookups at colleges and having multiple boyfriends. They hide it from their parents by having multiple sims on their phone. My suggestion: Cut your losses IMMEDIATELY. Yes, you're going to have to probably pay her some spousal support but it'll sting a lot less than it will in the future. I'm guessing the house you're currently living in, is under your parents name? My guess is she plans on forcing you to move out so you have property under your name, and then when the timing is right she'll dump your <banned word filter activated>, take half of your staff, and bring over one of the boys she was sleeping with in Punjab.  
    • I'm talking about the original bujjer kureits for the Khalsa, which explicitly banned Khalsas from any social contact with various groups like masands, Ram Raias (which was obviously a movement by then), Dhirmalis. I'm not talking about Ram Rai himself, rather the following he created (obviously with Moghul patronage). Again, your whole 'kumba yaa mah lord' conception of Khalsa history is seriously flawed. What you posted below doesn't hold up to scrutiny.