non amrit shak in charge of gurdwara

Guest sangat

29 minutes ago, Singh123456777 said:

They shouldn't be but 90% of people in charge of gurdwaras are 

sadly , and that's why sikh gurdwara no longer promote sikh learning and ethics fully. These pretenders stop any knowledge being disseminated if it goes against their pet likes i.e. pubbing , drinking and leering

51 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

sadly , and that's why sikh gurdwara no longer promote sikh learning and ethics fully. These pretenders stop any knowledge being disseminated if it goes against their pet likes i.e. pubbing , drinking and leering

That is why you should attend your local Guradwara frequently to see what is happening and encourage others to do so. The more proper Amrit dhari Sikhs attend the Guradwaras then the more power you have to elect more qualified members to run the Guradwara for you. 

This will result in higher quality of katha, kirtan and other activities going on in the Guradwara. The Guradwara will eventually become a point where youngters want to go to for further enhancing their sikhi. 

"Koi bhul chuk maaf"

Here in India I've witnessed things being done by "Amritdhari Gurudwara members" that shame me to this day, i was a college student and one late night out we went to a pub- technically the pub was supposed to be closed by 1AM & here it's illegal to serve liquor after 1, so we were just talking to the guard outside the pub to let us enter & he wasn't too keen till some guy who knew the pubs owner called the owner & got us inside, & quite sadly there was the whole our local Gurudwara's paathi sahib, & sevadaars wearing their kirpans with beers in hand & feasting on meat, upon seeing us they looked shocked & embarrassed and after a few minutes they all left, then talking to the server we got to know that they used to frequent that bar every other weekend at this time so no one sees them, sadly we couldn't take any pics in the heat of the moment & very next day we went to meet the "pardhan sahib" & he just brushed it away like it was nothing.   

That scene still sticks to my mind like just yesterday, & i know how embarrassed & shamed i myself felt for letting these people "the dharm de thekedar" who were supposed to teach others about this panth, making a fool outta everyone. Baakiyan nu ki sikhauna ehna ne, jihna nu aap eh dharm raas ni aaeya.

(Koi bhul chuk maaf)

1 hour ago, pavitarsin said:

"Koi bhul chuk maaf"

Here in India I've witnessed things being done by "Amritdhari Gurudwara members" that shame me to this day, i was a college student and one late night out we went to a pub- technically the pub was supposed to be closed by 1AM & here it's illegal to serve liquor after 1, so we were just talking to the guard outside the pub to let us enter & he wasn't too keen till some guy who knew the pubs owner called the owner & got us inside, & quite sadly there was the whole our local Gurudwara's paathi sahib, & sevadaars wearing their kirpans with beers in hand & feasting on meat, upon seeing us they looked shocked & embarrassed and after a few minutes they all left, then talking to the server we got to know that they used to frequent that bar every other weekend at this time so no one sees them, sadly we couldn't take any pics in the heat of the moment & very next day we went to meet the "pardhan sahib" & he just brushed it away like it was nothing.   

That scene still sticks to my mind like just yesterday, & i know how embarrassed & shamed i myself felt for letting these people "the dharm de thekedar" who were supposed to teach others about this panth, making a fool outta everyone. Baakiyan nu ki sikhauna ehna ne, jihna nu aap eh dharm raas ni aaeya.

(Koi bhul chuk maaf)

maybe the title should when non-rehitvaan sikhs run gurdwarey ...because so many people wear the uniform , take the respect but abuse the privilege ... there was a time that people had to earn each piece of their bana through bani and sewa now anybody even RSS agents just play dress up ...we need to insist on the proven ability, standard of the person . 

I am yet to see someone who is performing seva in the Guradwara (excluding Giani Jis and baba jis) with a true and pure heart. If people performing seva are doing so just for the sake of show off - then they are cheating not only themselves but also their creator. Such people are not trustworthy at all. Sikhi is very hard to earn. The mind cannot help itself but fall victim to many temptations when performing seva. Ahankaar and false pride in ones own abilities is not uncommon. Therefore it is necessary to perform as much Naam jap when venturing into seva of the Guradwara. 

Seva is also an important part of Sikhi - which is defined as the way to God. Seva karat hoe nehkami. Tis ko hot parapat Swami. Therefore if you do not drink and eat meat - you should venture out and attend the Guradwara so that you know what is happening there. When the right time comes - you can lend our contribution and help settling up a system to help others to rise to a similar post. 

Two-faced types of personalities frequent the Guradwara more than the righteous ones. These people then pose problems for those straight forward ones who wish to perform simple straight forward seva. Either way, these institutes are not in the hands of the right people in most cases. 

The older generation will soon be phased out. The question is what does the new generation have to offer to the community at large. Will they be able to upkeep the few weekly diwans which take place at Guradwaras. i hardly see any young girls performing shabad kirtan at ladies only satsangs, In our days, we made an effort to attend even during the holidays. This is not the case anymore. Who will be holding these ladies satsangs once the elder generation (whose voices can barely be heard while they sing) ?

Parents may have failed many a youngster by laying the importance of homework and good grades bef ore them as a deterrant to performing active seva in the local Guradwara. It may be seem as an idlers job. You know so and sos son is always at the Guradwara. These institutes are seen as places for the elderly to go for a time pass. During a week day, visit any Guradwara and you will see a very small amount of youngsters. These institutes were built for a purpose by the older generation. However - are we going to preserve and use them or just forget them and discard them? 

19 minutes ago, sikhni777 said:

These institutes were built for a purpose by the older generation. However - are we going to preserve and use them or just forget them and discard them? 

Similar to how Sikhs have bought and utilised empty churches thanks to Christian congregations dwindling over the decades, another faith will step in to convert our gurdwaras to their place of worship once the same fate befalls us. I wonder who that might be, hmm? 

Pure besti when that happens. Trust me, it will happen.