MUST READ.. The kind of things my hindu colleagues said about my faith

If they target and bully one Sikh alone, that does mean they have a problem with Sikhs. I don't agree that the problem is just with him, because they would not make fun of his Sikhi attire and values. I'm not trying to create any hatred of another religion or faith, but if they have a problem with just him, they would have focused on something else, and not link it to Sikhi. That excuse is not valid. 

They are doing just that as he is the only Sikh guy there and there is no support against so many others if a different religion and they are making it clear it's his Sikhi they are picking on. Obviously they wouldn't pick on him as much if there was a another Sikh, but I don't think it would completely stop. 

22 minutes ago, Preeet said:

They are not doing that because he is Sikh, they are doing that because he is gay. Im sure they all know it, and are bluntly obnoxious about it. Those people are sadists, rather than having problems with Sikhs lol. They are purposely saying weird stuff to him because they want a reaction from HIM. They do not want a reaction from ALL Sikhs, they want a reaction from HIM. Likewise, I saw obnoxious Sikhs making fun of a person who was coincidentally Hindu, and they also made fun of Devtas just to make their victim annoyed. That does not mean they will say it to everyone, they have a problem with him because he is gay & gives the reaction they want. If he was not Sikh they would say the same thing, even the poster said that they do not even practice their own religion & make fun of their own religion, so it is true that religion is not the real issue. The issue is that they are homophobes.

So why are none of their comments about homosexuality? All are about Sikhism. You just want to defend your Hindu brothers. You're the one in denial, and making up random theories. 

18 minutes ago, Preeet said:

So youre openly gay too? The reason why Id be bothered if someone says anything bad about a religion is because I expected more from my own religion's community and it makes us (as a whole) look bad. If someone who is irreligious says things like that then I would not care because it's clear that they are not trying to prove that they are religious while saying things like that. But if a religious person mocks other religions then it makes them look silly. Keep your fun facts to yourself, dear. Homophobia is a taboo among the younger (city) generation, so that's why they probably are more aware of what they question these days. They are attacking him as an individual, rather than every Sikh they see on the streets because if they did that theyd stop (knowing how theyd get in trouble by any other self respecting Sikh). 

This rss agent is straight crazy.  The hindus directly insult Sikhi by saying the following:

1) Why do you tie that thing on your head ? to keep your head from exploding ?

2) Why do you people wear that dagger ? *after I explained him , "So if a sikh woman is gonna chop vegetables, but forgets her knife in kitchen, can she use Kirpan?"

3) What do you do if you gotta ride a bike ? how you going to wear your helmet ?

4) What you gonna do if you got an itch on your head ? how you gonna scratch ? *laughs*

You are very thick headed.  You should be the crash test dummy for vehicles. 

5 minutes ago, Preeet said:

So youre openly gay too? The reason why Id be bothered if someone says anything bad about a religion is because I expected more from my own religion's community and it makes us (as a whole) look bad. If someone who is irreligious says things like that then I would not care because it's clear that they are not trying to prove that they are religious while saying things like that. But if a religious person mocks other religions then it makes them look silly. Keep your fun facts to yourself, dear. Homophobia is a taboo among the younger (city) generation, so that's why they probably are more aware of what they question these days. They are attacking him as an individual, rather than every Sikh they see on the streets because if they did that theyd stop (knowing how theyd get in trouble by any other self respecting Sikh). 

No but I have to subjected to similar abuse. God you're dense. No it isnt a taboo, what world do you live in. LGBT people still have violence aimed at them, far more than any western country. This daft theory of yours might hold up if being Gay was legal in India and being Sikh wasn't. Except it isn't. The exact opposite exists but if you had half a brain you'd see that. As OP has said these people clearly aren't atheists. 

If you bothered to read OP properly instead of having a fit because someone dare raise a finger against your hindu friends, you'd know the abuse is strictly Sikh related. Nazi didn't go out on the street and start looking for Jews to beat up, that didn't come till much later. So please. Just because they don't harass Sikhs on the street (which is illegal btw) doesn't mean they don't have anti-sikh feelings. They aim for him because he's there and all alone. Maybe if you grew a brain you'd see that.

2 minutes ago, Akalifauj said:

This rss agent is straight crazy.  The hindus directly insult Sikhi by saying the following:

1) Why do you tie that thing on your head ? to keep your head from exploding ?

2) Why do you people wear that dagger ? *after I explained him , "So if a sikh woman is gonna chop vegetables, but forgets her knife in kitchen, can she use Kirpan?"

3) What do you do if you gotta ride a bike ? how you going to wear your helmet ?

4) What you gonna do if you got an itch on your head ? how you gonna scratch ? *laughs*

You are very thick headed.  You should be the crash test dummy for vehicles. 

They also said this regarding Sikh History 

"this is only thing you're good for, this is your only history lol" He's a loyal far-right winger "nationalist".

If that isn't anti-sikh then I'm not even sure what is. Obviously as long as no one insults Hinduism Preeto wont mind. 

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi

First, preeto is right to an extent but so are rest of you 

Let me clarify again.

When I joined office, there was this psycho madrasi body-builder . But since he's a bloody psycho , he started bullying me, seeing my innocent naive face. And because I looked different (turban and beard).

I tell you these south-indians are least aware of sikhs in all of india !  When I was on client side, an even ruder guy of andhra (again not atheist !) told me "Arey remove this thing (turban) na .. Let fresh air come in !" . He went further and jokingly said "If he were PM of India , he would kill all of punjabis in one day.

"In one day it can be done. How much bullets one would need ?" I was horrified and shocked at what this guy is saying ! But I also told him he would be shot next day if he even dared do such a thing lol. 

I tell you we're IT people, a white collar job and yet we have such nut-jobs ! One of them , an ardent RSS-follower mockingly asked me "Where is your khalistan?" . He brought this up totally irrelevantly .

I was really shocked considering I am seeing such people first time. 

But slowly when they doubted I am gay, they started gay jokes, but definitely its not just gay jokes. One marathi hindutva-fan guy praised hitler and smirked by saying "operation bluestar". 

Then they also joked on the current state of punjab (drugs) and claimed how sikhs are spreading drugs in india ! 

So , I kicked them in their nuts (religion ) . He also whined by how sikhs killed indra gandhi.   "Where's your ram mandir lol ? You hindus couldn't build it despite being 80% of population and having your own government " haha , you should have looked in their faces.

They picked on me (with anti-sikh vitriol) because they knew they could get away with it. They wouldn't do it against strong singh, but that wouldn't mean they respect singhs in general. It just means their hate (their true face) came in front of weak sikhs like me.

PS : Purpose of this post is not to spread hatred for hindus. It is just to make us aware of not to see one community as more "brother" than other. But at the same time, lets not have hate feelings for anyone. 

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
5 minutes ago, Preeet said:

Why are you resorting to name calling, I did not expect this from you. I am saying that those people were trying to insult him rather than the whole community, & clearly they are successful in it. Theyre only saying that to him since they only want his response to it. Those types of people only want entertainment in the form from him. Thats the difference between them and some of the people here who actually have an agenda against other faiths.

The point is we can't take it lying down. It goes against tenets of sikhi ! So thats why I thrashed them and kicked them in their own nuts and thats when they stopped (recently).

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
2 minutes ago, Preeet said:

See, those people are just sick, rather than the avg person from those areas. I have friends from Andhra and they are all really nice, they do not even think of Sikhs from different from Hinduism since that's how close they think we are. Crazy people like those that you work with like to say those things to get a reaction from a specific individual, such sadists. 

I know ! I never said hindus are all bad.

Many of them are nice also ! But I have just come across so many nasty of them recently ! I wonder why they are the way they are ?! bad experience from other sikhs ? 

Also , once again let not this thread make anyone hate hindu kaum entirely. I created this thread so people can see other side as well.  I will also say without mincing words that hindus should be no more dear to us than muslims, christians, buddhists, etc.