Discouraged by gurvaak I got.

I was just seeking help, power , and ability to do my duties in workplace and clear all hurdles and pass my pending certification.

But I was surprised when I got this, can't even properly map it to my circumstance. The first word of first line of left page was " ਹਾਰਿਆ  " (lose) . I felt sad TBH. But still I did satkar chaur sahib of guru ji.

ਸੂਹੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥
Soohee, Fifth Mehl:

ਸਿਮ੍ਰਿਤਿ ਬੇਦ ਪੁਰਾਣ ਪੁਕਾਰਨਿ ਪੋਥੀਆ ॥
The Simritees, the Vedas, the Puraanas and the other holy scriptures proclaim

ਨਾਮ ਬਿਨਾ ਸਭਿ ਕੂੜੁ ਗਾਲ੍ਹ੍ਹੀ ਹੋਛੀਆ ॥੧॥
That without the Naam, everything is false and worthless. ||1||

ਨਾਮੁ ਨਿਧਾਨੁ ਅਪਾਰੁ ਭਗਤਾ ਮਨਿ ਵਸੈ ॥
The infinite treasure of the Naam abides within the minds of the devotees.

ਜਨਮ ਮਰਣ ਮੋਹੁ ਦੁਖੁ ਸਾਧੂ ਸੰਗਿ ਨਸੈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
Birth and death, attachment and suffering, are erased in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. ||1||Pause||

ਮੋਹਿ ਬਾਦਿ ਅਹੰਕਾਰਿ ਸਰਪਰ ਰੁੰਨਿਆ ॥
Those who indulge in attachment, conflict and egotism shall surely weep and cry.

ਸੁਖੁ ਨ ਪਾਇਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਿ ਮੂਲਿ ਨਾਮ ਵਿਛੁੰਨਿਆ ॥੨॥
Those who are separated from the Naam shall never find any peace. ||2||

ਮੇਰੀ ਮੇਰੀ ਧਾਰਿ ਬੰਧਨਿ ਬੰਧਿਆ ॥
Crying out, Mine! Mine!, he is bound in bondage.

ਨਰਕਿ ਸੁਰਗਿ ਅਵਤਾਰ ਮਾਇਆ ਧੰਧਿਆ ॥੩॥
Entangled in Maya, he is reincarnated in heaven and hell. ||3||

ਸੋਧਤ ਸੋਧਤ ਸੋਧਿ ਤਤੁ ਬੀਚਾਰਿਆ ॥
Searching, searching, searching, I have come to understand the essence of reality.

ਨਾਮ ਬਿਨਾ ਸੁਖੁ ਨਾਹਿ ਸਰਪਰ ਹਾਰਿਆ ॥੪॥
Without the Naam, there is no peace at all, and the mortal will surely fail. ||4||

ਆਵਹਿ ਜਾਹਿ ਅਨੇਕ ਮਰਿ ਮਰਿ ਜਨਮਤੇ ॥
Many come and go; they die, and die again, and are reincarnated.

ਬਿਨੁ ਬੂਝੇ ਸਭੁ ਵਾਦਿ ਜੋਨੀ ਭਰਮਤੇ ॥੫॥
Without understanding, they are totally useless, and they wander in reincarnation. ||5||

ਜਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਕਉ ਭਏ ਦਇਆਲ ਤਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਸਾਧੂ ਸੰਗੁ ਭਇਆ ॥
They alone join the Saadh Sangat, unto whom the Lord becomes Merciful.

ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਤਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹੀ ਜਨੀ ਜਪਿ ਲਇਆ ॥੬॥
They chant and meditate on the Ambrosial Name of the Lord. ||6||

ਖੋਜਹਿ ਕੋਟਿ ਅਸੰਖ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਅਨੰਤ ਕੇ ॥
Uncounted millions, so many they are endless, search for Him.

ਜਿਸੁ ਬੁਝਾਏ ਆਪਿ ਨੇੜਾ ਤਿਸੁ ਹੇ ॥੭॥
But only that one, who understands his own self, sees God near at hand. ||7||

ਵਿਸਰੁ ਨਾਹੀ ਦਾਤਾਰ ਆਪਣਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਦੇਹੁ ॥
Never forget me, O Great Giver - please bless me with Your Naam.

ਗੁਣ ਗਾਵਾ ਦਿਨੁ ਰਾਤਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਚਾਉ ਏਹੁ ॥੮॥੨॥੫॥੧੬॥
To sing Your Glorious Praises day and night - O Nanak, this is my heart-felt desire. ||8||2||5||16||

There is nothing to be discouraged from.  Guruji is reminding you, that the name of the Lord is the only thing that will support you and just stating what happens if we don't remember Waheguru. 

To sing Your Glorious Praises day and night - O Nanak, this is my heart-felt desire. ||8||2||5||16||

See at the end these pangtis, there is nothing discouraging from them. Ask Waheguru,

" Visar nahi dataar, apna Naam deo."

Sing the Lord's praises and rest is up to Waheguru.  

" Guhn gaava din raat, Nanak chao eho"

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
25 minutes ago, simran345 said:

There is nothing to be discouraged from.  Guruji is reminding you, that the name of the Lord is the only thing that will support you and just stating what happens if we don't remember Waheguru. 

See at the end these pangtis, there is nothing discouraging from them. Ask Waheguru,

" Visar nahi dataar, apna Naam deo."

Sing the Lord's praises and rest is up to Waheguru.  

" Guhn gaava din raat, Nanak chao eho"

OK, but I was expecting guru ji to say one of those positive shabads of happiness and success , etc . Lol but we can't choose that ! what god gives, gives ! 

The fact that I am happy or unhappy over which hukam I get shows my sikhi is still quite immature.

22 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

OK, but I was expecting guru ji to say one of those positive shabads of happiness and success , etc . Lol but we can't choose that ! what god gives, gives ! 

The fact that I am happy or unhappy over which hukam I get shows my sikhi is still quite immature.

I understand what you mean. I sometimes think like that too, because then we are expecting Guruji to say what we want to hear. When I heard the shabad I put on, I felt it as a positive shabad. Besides, Guruji's words are never negative, they only state the truth. It's how we accept and perceive them that creates the negative thought. All shabads are for our positivity and for us to learn from. 

I used to do what you are doing, read a hukamnama and keep dwelling on it. But then I thought I'm not at a stage where I can deeply analyse what Guruji is saying, but just to ask for their blessings. And my thought on other people's hukamnamas has always been that it will be specific for that person. And Guruji's words for them maybe different for another person, based on what the person is seeking from them. 

8 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

I dont think u should be discouraged. If guru ji always gave the happy, positive hukams n we still have problems, then we will have doubt. So guruji is being truthful n helpful in this gurvaak. First he is saying, yes times r toughs n they will continue being tough. Second guruji is telling u what to do to fix ur problems. See guruji is being the perfect doctor here, first problem is diagnosed and then treatment is given. If doctor always said theres is no problem, everything will be fine and we are in pain, we will think the doctor is wrong.

So now make sure to do the treatment. Do naam simran and read bani. Perhaps that will change ur karam n u can get happier life.

Good luck. Make sure to follow the docs instructions!

9 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

....sure, why not?

15 hours ago, Guest Sad said:

My father passed away, I feel very sad and angry at God so please forgive me for being so rude to everyone here. Thank you for putting up with me.

don't worry these feelings will mellow with time but the loss is still raw ...listen to kirtan and try to do as much naam as you can to support yourself through these days, weeks, months and try to avoid people who you know will upset you , you don't want to lash out and then regret later. Stay in Chardikala