coconut and depression

Guest daasi

18 minutes ago, simran345 said:

Thank you JKVlondon penji. Is full panel the same as a full blood count? Our docs don't include the iron, b12 and D in them, so confused to if it's called the same. 

Also get your thyroids checked. 

These are some of the tests you might want to get done:

• HBA1C (to check blood sugar levels)
  • Thyroid (checks thyroid hormone levels)
  • FBC (Full blood count - checks the components of your blood i.e. white blood cell count, red blood cell count etc.)
  • B12 
  • Vit D
  • Bone density tests (to check calcium levels of bones)

You might have to push for some of these as the NHS is trying to save money. If you're lucky the doctor might do all of them, but they might not.

Good luck bhen ji!

But overall, don't stress too much about these things as that causes problems in itself. 

45 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

you insist with your doctor especially as your health is compromised. Blood count is just count of blood components , you need more info than that because your health is more than just your blood counts, it's your endocrine system, blood sugars , mineral levels , vitamin D is a hormone produced by the body if it is low can have many knock-on affects. 

Thanks penji, I've had most of them done, but will ask my doc to do more as u mentioned. 

32 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Also get your thyroids checked. 

These are some of the tests you might want to get done:

• HBA1C (to check blood sugar levels)
  • Thyroid (checks thyroid hormone levels)
  • FBC (Full blood count - checks the components of your blood i.e. white blood cell count, red blood cell count etc.)
  • B12 
  • Vit D
  • Bone density tests (to check calcium levels of bones)

You might have to push for some of these as the NHS is trying to save money. If you're lucky the doctor might do all of them, but they might not.

Good luck bhen ji!

But overall, don't stress too much about these things as that causes problems in itself. 

Thank you paji Dally, that's a good list you've made. I've had all them done but one which I will ask my doc to do. You are right they don't do all of them because of funding, unless they think a patient needs them. I always ask myself for them to do them, as people with any health condition need to push them a bit, as you said. 

Thank you ji for your blessings, I am going through a lot of stress at the moment, probably more than I can cope with, but you are right stress creates many problems and it's not worth it. 

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

Bhen ji, try and turn that dukh into daru. 

I think these stressful times come and go. Tell yourself that this period wont last forever. I've always found my simran gets more deeper when I'm suffering myself. That's one positive from it.

Keep your head up sister!! You're not alone.

Thanks Dally paji, your words have helped me today. I've been through worse than this, but for some reason maybe due to getting older, it feels harder to deal with than when I was younger. Probably was stronger then, but you'd think I'd be used to it by now and be able to cope. 

Yes, you are right it will pass. I'm like you too, but it's harder to focus properly on simran when health is not as good. For that the mind must be strong, but when a physical illness affects one, then the mind weakens too. And it doesn't seem as fulfilling to the soul. 

Hanji I know I'm not alone, there's probably somebody worse than me, so I should take your words into account and work on accepting God's will. Thank you for the motivating words of hope. 

46 minutes ago, pardesanbibbi2 said:

Cocoanut music is fine but the oil is nothing but saturated fat therefore bad for weight control and (the LDLs) cholesterol. 

bhain ji  we don't eat meat mainly so a little saturated fat in form of grassfed butter and a little coconut , cholestrol is necessary for healthy hormones , skin, hair etc ...the link between saturated fats and heartattacks has been laid to rest by science 

http://www.drbriffa.com/2014/08/01/more-evidence-that-modifying-cholesterol-does-not-necessarily-have-broad-benefits-for-health/

http://www.drbriffa.com/2014/08/15/evidence-links-higher-cholesterol-with-lower-risk-of-death-in-older-individuals/

http://www.drbriffa.com/2010/01/15/two-major-studies-conclude-that-saturated-fat-does-not-cause-heart-disease/

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2015/08/31/saturated-fats-heart-disease.aspx

32 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

I'd say carbs are bigger villains than poor old, vilified saturated churbhee!

6 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

just read a paper showing what happens if you replaced the sat fat with carbs all CVD markers rise, inflammation increases , risks of diabetes, strokes etc increases.

If this is true, what are we to make of the medical establishment's dietary advice over the last few decades? Could they have got it so wrong? 

15 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

If this is true, what are we to make of the medical establishment's dietary advice over the last few decades? Could they have got it so wrong? 

yep think about it if people buy the new carb rich low fat franken foods from Big Food and get then get cancers CVD, diabetes then big Pharma can sell their meds and procedures at inflated prices to hospitals  then big Insurance charge large premiums to the people so people get done over three ways . They knew fifty years ago  but didn't care it's all about the money honey as they say.