Guest daasi

coconut and depression

38 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, pardesanbibbi2 said:

Cocoanut music is fine but the oil is nothing but saturated fat therefore bad for weight control and (the LDLs) cholesterol. 

bhain ji  we don't eat meat mainly so a little saturated fat in form of grassfed butter and a little coconut , cholestrol is necessary for healthy hormones , skin, hair etc ...the link between saturated fats and heartattacks has been laid to rest by science 

http://www.drbriffa.com/2014/08/01/more-evidence-that-modifying-cholesterol-does-not-necessarily-have-broad-benefits-for-health/

http://www.drbriffa.com/2014/08/15/evidence-links-higher-cholesterol-with-lower-risk-of-death-in-older-individuals/

http://www.drbriffa.com/2010/01/15/two-major-studies-conclude-that-saturated-fat-does-not-cause-heart-disease/

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2015/08/31/saturated-fats-heart-disease.aspx

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

I'd say carbs are bigger villains than poor old, vilified saturated churbhee!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dallysingh101 said:

I'd say carbs are bigger villains than poor old, vilified saturated churbhee!

just read a paper showing what happens if you replaced the sat fat with carbs all CVD markers rise, inflammation increases , risks of diabetes, strokes etc increases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

just read a paper showing what happens if you replaced the sat fat with carbs all CVD markers rise, inflammation increases , risks of diabetes, strokes etc increases.

If this is true, what are we to make of the medical establishment's dietary advice over the last few decades? Could they have got it so wrong? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

If this is true, what are we to make of the medical establishment's dietary advice over the last few decades? Could they have got it so wrong? 

 

yep think about it if people buy the new carb rich low fat franken foods from Big Food and get then get cancers CVD, diabetes then big Pharma can sell their meds and procedures at inflated prices to hospitals  then big Insurance charge large premiums to the people so people get done over three ways . They knew fifty years ago  but didn't care it's all about the money honey as they say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jkvlondon said:

yep think about it if people buy the new carb rich low fat franken foods from Big Food and get then get cancers CVD, diabetes then big Pharma can sell their meds and procedures at inflated prices to hospitals  then big Insurance charge large premiums to the people so people get done over three ways . They knew fifty years ago  but didn't care it's all about the money honey as they say.

I think it was originally genuine stupidity (over-reading into research) that led to the original advice.

But why the medical establishment continue to flog that horse today is another question.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dallysingh101 said:

I think it was originally genuine stupidity (over-reading into research) that led to the original advice.

But why the medical establishment continue to flog that horse today is another question.  

veer it is more sinister than you realise these guys are scientists for sale, to protect manufacturers interests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me winter and bills is depressing and temporary like coconut is temp relief, but Gurbani is uplifting permanent antidote, and great solace about Truth that all is kurr, but rahio Naam, rahio Sadhu, rahio Guru Gobind_/\_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jkvlondon said:

veer it is more sinister than you realise these guys are scientists for sale, to protect manufacturers interests.

Nothing would surprise me these days bhen ji. Crazy world we live in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, pardesanbibbi2 said:

Cocoanut music is fine but the oil is nothing but saturated fat therefore bad for weight control and (the LDLs) cholesterol. 

If you jump up and down and wave your arms about in the air simultaneously on this song for at least 2 hrs each day, you will kill two birds with one stone lol...weight loss and low cholesterole levels. High cholesterole levels have direct connections with obesity or fatness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

iblwvlu mhlw 4(799-18)
bilaaval mehlaa 4
Bilaaval, Fourth Mehl

 

Awvhu sMq imlhu myry BweI imil hir hir kQw krhu ]
aavhu sant milhu mayray bhaa-ee mil har har kathaa karahu.
Come, O Saints, and join together, O my Siblings of Destiny; let us tell the Stories of the Lord, Har, Har.

hir hir nwmu boihQu hY kljuig Kyvtu gur sbid qrhu ]1]
har har naam bohith hai kaljug khayvat gur sabad tarahu. ||1||
The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is the boat in this Dark Age of Kali Yuga; the Word of the Guru's Shabad is the boatman to ferry us across. ||1||

myry mn hir gux hir aucrhu ]
mayray man har gun har uchrahu.
O my mind, chant the Glorious Praises of the Lord.

msqik ilKq ilKy gun gwey imil sMgiq pwir prhu ]1] rhwau ]
mastak likhat likhay gun gaa-ay mil sangat paar parahu. ||1|| rahaa-o.
According to the pre-ordained destiny inscribed upon your forehead, sing the Praises of the Lord; join the Holy Congregation, and cross over the world-ocean. ||1||Pause||

kwieAw ngr mih rwm rsu aUqmu ikau pweIAY aupdysu jn krhu ]
kaa-i-aa nagar meh raam ras ootam ki-o paa-ee-ai updays jan karahu.
Within the body-village is the Lord's supreme, sublime essence. How can I obtain it? Teach me, O humble Saints.

siqguru syiv sPl hir drsnu imil AMimRqu hir rsu pIAhu ]2]
satgur sayv safal har darsan mil amrit har ras pee-ahu. ||2||
Serving the True Guru, you shall obtain the Fruitful Vision of the Lord's Darshan; meeting Him, drink in the ambrosial essence of the Lord's Nectar. ||2||

hir hir nwmu AMimRqu hir mITw hir sMqhu cwiK idKhu ]
har har naam amrit har meethaa har santahu chaakh dikhahu.
The Ambrosial Name of the Lord, Har, Har, is so sweet; O Saints of the Lord, taste it, and see.

gurmiq hir rsu mITw lwgw iqn ibsry siB ibK rshu ]3]
gurmat har ras meethaa laagaa tin bisray sabh bikh rasahu. ||3||
Under Guru's Instruction, the Lord's essence seems so sweet; through it, all corrupt sensual pleasures are forgotten. ||3||

rwm nwmu rsu rwm rswiexu hir syvhu sMq jnhu ]
raam naam ras raam rasaa-in har sayvhu sant janhu.
The Name of the Lord is the medicine to cure all diseases; so serve the Lord, O humble Saints.

cwir pdwrQ cwry pwey gurmiq nwnk hir Bjhu ]4]4]
chaar padaarath chaaray paa-ay gurmat naanak har bhajahu. ||4||4||
The four great blessings are obtained, O Nanak, by vibrating upon the Lord, under Guru's Instruction. ||4||4||

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/03/2017 at 0:59 AM, Guest daasi said:

iblwvlu mhlw 4(799-18)
bilaaval mehlaa 4
Bilaaval, Fourth Mehl

 

Awvhu sMq imlhu myry BweI imil hir hir kQw krhu ]
aavhu sant milhu mayray bhaa-ee mil har har kathaa karahu.
Come, O Saints, and join together, O my Siblings of Destiny; let us tell the Stories of the Lord, Har, Har.

hir hir nwmu boihQu hY kljuig Kyvtu gur sbid qrhu ]1]
har har naam bohith hai kaljug khayvat gur sabad tarahu. ||1||
The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is the boat in this Dark Age of Kali Yuga; the Word of the Guru's Shabad is the boatman to ferry us across. ||1||

myry mn hir gux hir aucrhu ]
mayray man har gun har uchrahu.
O my mind, chant the Glorious Praises of the Lord.

msqik ilKq ilKy gun gwey imil sMgiq pwir prhu ]1] rhwau ]
mastak likhat likhay gun gaa-ay mil sangat paar parahu. ||1|| rahaa-o.
According to the pre-ordained destiny inscribed upon your forehead, sing the Praises of the Lord; join the Holy Congregation, and cross over the world-ocean. ||1||Pause||

kwieAw ngr mih rwm rsu aUqmu ikau pweIAY aupdysu jn krhu ]
kaa-i-aa nagar meh raam ras ootam ki-o paa-ee-ai updays jan karahu.
Within the body-village is the Lord's supreme, sublime essence. How can I obtain it? Teach me, O humble Saints.

siqguru syiv sPl hir drsnu imil AMimRqu hir rsu pIAhu ]2]
satgur sayv safal har darsan mil amrit har ras pee-ahu. ||2||
Serving the True Guru, you shall obtain the Fruitful Vision of the Lord's Darshan; meeting Him, drink in the ambrosial essence of the Lord's Nectar. ||2||

hir hir nwmu AMimRqu hir mITw hir sMqhu cwiK idKhu ]
har har naam amrit har meethaa har santahu chaakh dikhahu.
The Ambrosial Name of the Lord, Har, Har, is so sweet; O Saints of the Lord, taste it, and see.

gurmiq hir rsu mITw lwgw iqn ibsry siB ibK rshu ]3]
gurmat har ras meethaa laagaa tin bisray sabh bikh rasahu. ||3||
Under Guru's Instruction, the Lord's essence seems so sweet; through it, all corrupt sensual pleasures are forgotten. ||3||

rwm nwmu rsu rwm rswiexu hir syvhu sMq jnhu ]
raam naam ras raam rasaa-in har sayvhu sant janhu.
The Name of the Lord is the medicine to cure all diseases; so serve the Lord, O humble Saints.

cwir pdwrQ cwry pwey gurmiq nwnk hir Bjhu ]4]4]
chaar padaarath chaaray paa-ay gurmat naanak har bhajahu. ||4||4||
The four great blessings are obtained, O Nanak, by vibrating upon the Lord, under Guru's Instruction. ||4||4||

Thank you penji. 🌸

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

simran345 Jio,

Dhan Guru Granth Sahib Jio atey Sevadars of Rajkaregakhalsa.net for Gurbani translation, so we all could enjoy ras atey sada sada Har Har Vahiguroo Vahiguroo:)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Loading...



  • Topics

  • Posts

    • WJKK WJKF bhenji, as long as you are in chardikala now, everything should be. Though I am not sure how much of your past should you relieve to the individual?
    • Anyone else notice where these emergent trends will end? 
    • I don't remember who told me perhaps it was my uncle but the main problem with many Sikhs in the military is that in general we are honest and not cut throat. Someone mentioned that an individual in the military had noticed this and thus he claimed that one Sikh in particular along with other Sikhs weren't savvy enough with politics to rise the ranks even though that particular individual more than deserved it. This is an important tactic even more so than being able to shoot a gun.  What I'm saying is your service is what yoy personally make it because there are rules and regulations in every western country and if something occurs that isn't just, you have the power to shed light on it.  I agree with not being manipulated but I don't think the solution is to not join the military at all nor do I think it would help change that mentality. The thing about serving in military in USA GB Aus CAN ECT is that there are international laws and the discretion of ranks and foot soldiers on how they will carry out missions. Look at Harjit Sajjan he's representative of how Canada, a country who helped USA in the wars, helped carry out certain operations while saving troop and civilian lives. You underestimate the power of an independent thinking sovereign individual. No banner can change that. I dislike this deal making culture. A while back I tried to have a rational discussion about Gurdas Man's new song. The individual I disagreed with trying to rile up feminazis in hopes they would spearhead the crusade against Mann. The writer wrote that Mann's song was somehow sexist because it portrayed the mom neglecting her kids and having substance abuse problem. Point is his plan to make a silent deal of give and take in hopes that his begging to feminazis would help him crusade against Mann failed horribly.  This is the same mentality Sikh coalition type of orgs have they think bending over to Islamophobia brigade will end up helping somehow. Similar to how Muslims are using Sikhs and BLM to white wash their own image it's at the expense of us and I would argue other people allied in the silent deal of supporting each other.  I may be wrong but I think we should be above this for the issues that are most important for us. Instead of using service as a bargaining chip military service should be independent as a means of protecting your home and further becoming an asset to the Panth. In that process individuals automatically become powerhouse for pushing and acting on our narrative.  This applies to any field really but since we are talking about military service only mentioned that.    I don't disagree with much of what you say but I think there is a fundamental flaw in assuming that military service translates into what you're saying bro      
    • “Members of our sect are strictly forbidden from hosting a reception party and accepting gifts from relatives and friends. There is no dowry. The bride does not take anything with her to the in-laws’ house. We solemnise marriages en masse, at a cost equivalent to Re 1.20, ”   How hard would it really be for Sikhs to do this? It's a sad day when even Ghadars ; (naamdhari) are more loyal to their Ghadari than some who consider themselves Sikhs and not Ghadars, to their Sikhi, but everything else was completely wrong from the Havan to a false Anand Karaj focused on Dalip Singh instead of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.