Guest daasi

coconut and depression

38 posts in this topic

Music is the best therapy for depression along with a nice stroll in the park walking your dog 

1 person likes this

For those of us who are coconuts, we don't need any extra to make us feel better!

1 person likes this

17 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

For those of us who are coconuts, we don't need any extra to make us feel better!

lol

3 people like this

yep coconut averse around here ...hehe

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

11 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

yep coconut averse around here ...hehe

Lol. 

On reading this post, the first thing  I thought was, how on earth am I going to plant a coconut tree and it will take years to grow or bear the fruit. 

Then, I thought 💭 "chal ho sadi garden tha seaside banjani" 😂 🏝🏖

1 person likes this

21 minutes ago, singh598 said:

Coconut trees in U.K. 😳😳😳

Coconut trees in North Canada and Scotland. :grin

1 person likes this

Gurbani reminds,

Gurbani reminds, Vahiguroo Naam can move mountains Jio!:)  Good that coconuts bringing laughter to coconuts jeevs:))

On serious note, purchase whole coconut, and use hammer, as I do to eat coconut, and drink juice Jio_/\_.

To post who states anti-depressant will suffice, jio, this is manmade_/\_  Why not eat coconut, as we are Sikhs of Soorma Guru Gobind Singh Jio, and see if you will also be coconut vs depressed:))!

use coconut oil on hair, skin, cooking...etc..:), candlelit in coconut oil?

1 person likes this

On 04/03/2017 at 2:28 PM, Guest 0 to 100 said:

antidepressants do the job, no shame in taking them 

80% of the pscho pharmacology doesn't work , if you are not getting the effects you want go back to the doc 

1 person likes this

On 04/03/2017 at 10:39 PM, singh598 said:

Coconut trees in U.K. 😳😳😳

Can see the headlines 'mysterious planting of coconut palms across the land' 

2 people like this

13 hours ago, Guest Daasi said:

Guru Granth Sahib Jio Maharaj reminds BAROSA IN NAAM IS MAN JEETEI JAAG JEET! DEPRESSION NASH!

http://www.thesurvivalgardener.com/growing-coconuts-outside-the-tropics/

Sis ,

The writer admits he's never tried himself

Since I haven’t tested this idea, I can’t say for sure if it will work. My gut says it will, judging by what I’ve seen of coconut palms as well as the fact that I’ve seen a pit greenhouse like the one in the drawings. It hosted jackfruit, starfruit, miracle fruit and other completely tropical species despite the fact that it was located in a cold part of Florida at least 3-4 hours from where those species can survive.

If you live much further north, you would have to keep the greenhouse heated. Barrels of water work here in North Florida but I’m sure they won’t work in places with extended periods of below-freezing weather. Up in Tennessee you’d likely have to have a double-insulated greenhouse with a heater. In Minnesota, you’d have to own a power company to keep it warm enough.

nobody I know has the money to build a greenhouse the height of the ones in Kew Gardens or the space or money to blow on heating a greenhouse more than they heat their homes  , plenty of people can have access to organically grown virgin cold-pressed coconut oil it's pricey but it is the real deal .Besides depressed people usually have problems in life because they cannot get motivated to do projects, this would be expecting a little too much . If you can find a supplier  of green coconuts near you that would be the benefit without the immense wait. 

Besides doing naam jap and singing kirtan would do so much besides just removing depression it would alleviate the weights of picchle augunn

Edited by jkvlondon
1 person likes this

On 04/03/2017 at 2:28 PM, Guest 0 to 100 said:

antidepressants do the job, no shame in taking them 

They sort out the problem in the short term. After the patient comes off them, then they stop working and the patient gets the same feelings back, sometimes even worse. This is when they are most likely to resort to suicidal thoughts. Time heals depression the best. Everyone can get depressed at any time of their lives. Prevention is the best cure. Always aim to lead a balanced life and take time to eat and relax. Learn to recognise the early signs and do something about it like change of routine before it gets worse. Better still - read a good book or scan the internet to understand what depression really is.

2 people like this

25 minutes ago, sikhni777 said:

They sort out the problem in the short term. After the patient comes off them, then they stop working and the patient gets the same feelings back, sometimes even worse. This is when they are most likely to resort to suicidal thoughts. Time heals depression the best. Everyone can get depressed at any time of their lives. Prevention is the best cure. Always aim to lead a balanced life and take time to eat and relax. Learn to recognise the early signs and do something about it like change of routine before it gets worse. Better still - read a good book or scan the internet to understand what depression really is.

sometimes depression is caused by blood chemistry imbalances , need to investigate whole body health not just the brain

if the cause is situational nothing taken is going to fix the depression , need to deal with aggravating factors and eliminate them , the only magic bullet is naam not the pills docs tell you to pop

2 people like this

2 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

sometimes depression is caused by blood chemistry imbalances , need to investigate whole body health not just the brain

if the cause is situational nothing taken is going to fix the depression , need to deal with aggravating factors and eliminate them , the only magic bullet is naam not the pills docs tell you to pop

Penji Jkvlondon, what are the tests that one should ask their docs to do, apart from the normal blood count? Would be beneficial if you could enlighten of any other tests that may help diagnose in blood chemistry imbalances you've mentioned, as I only know of vitamin D studies, and B12 that aren't normally tested in UK.? 

Edited by simran345

2 hours ago, simran345 said:

Penji Jkvlondon, what are the tests that one should ask their docs to do, apart from the normal blood count? Would be beneficial if you could enlighten of any other tests that may help diagnose in blood chemistry imbalances you've mentioned, as I only know of vitamin D studies, and B12 that aren't normally tested in UK.? 

you could ask to have a full panel done which would check iron, b12, hormones, D etc, etc

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

you could ask to have a full panel done which would check iron, b12, hormones, D etc, etc

Thank you JKVlondon penji. Is full panel the same as a full blood count? Our docs don't include the iron, b12 and D in them, so confused to if it's called the same. 

7 minutes ago, simran345 said:

Thank you JKVlondon penji. Is full panel the same as a full blood count? Our docs don't include the iron, b12 and D in them, so confused to if it's called the same. 

you insist with your doctor especially as your health is compromised. Blood count is just count of blood components , you need more info than that because your health is more than just your blood counts, it's your endocrine system, blood sugars , mineral levels , vitamin D is a hormone produced by the body if it is low can have many knock-on affects. 

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, simran345 said:

Also get your thyroids checked. 

These are some of the tests you might want to get done:

• HBA1C (to check blood sugar levels)
  • Thyroid (checks thyroid hormone levels)
  • FBC (Full blood count - checks the components of your blood i.e. white blood cell count, red blood cell count etc.)
  • B12 
  • Vit D
  • Bone density tests (to check calcium levels of bones)

You might have to push for some of these as the NHS is trying to save money. If you're lucky the doctor might do all of them, but they might not.

Good luck bhen ji!

But overall, don't stress too much about these things as that causes problems in itself. 

1 person likes this

45 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

you insist with your doctor especially as your health is compromised. Blood count is just count of blood components , you need more info than that because your health is more than just your blood counts, it's your endocrine system, blood sugars , mineral levels , vitamin D is a hormone produced by the body if it is low can have many knock-on affects. 

Thanks penji, I've had most of them done, but will ask my doc to do more as u mentioned. 

32 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Also get your thyroids checked. 

These are some of the tests you might want to get done:

• HBA1C (to check blood sugar levels)
  • Thyroid (checks thyroid hormone levels)
  • FBC (Full blood count - checks the components of your blood i.e. white blood cell count, red blood cell count etc.)
  • B12 
  • Vit D
  • Bone density tests (to check calcium levels of bones)

You might have to push for some of these as the NHS is trying to save money. If you're lucky the doctor might do all of them, but they might not.

Good luck bhen ji!

But overall, don't stress too much about these things as that causes problems in itself. 

Thank you paji Dally, that's a good list you've made. I've had all them done but one which I will ask my doc to do. You are right they don't do all of them because of funding, unless they think a patient needs them. I always ask myself for them to do them, as people with any health condition need to push them a bit, as you said. 

Thank you ji for your blessings, I am going through a lot of stress at the moment, probably more than I can cope with, but you are right stress creates many problems and it's not worth it. 

Edited by simran345

3 hours ago, simran345 said:

Thanks penji, I've had most of them done, but will ask my doc to do more as u mentioned. 

Thank you paji Dally, that's a good list you've made. I've had all them done but one which I will ask my doc to do. You are right they don't do all of them because of funding, unless they think a patient needs them. I always ask myself for them to do them, as people with any health condition need to push them a bit, as you said. 

Thank you ji for your blessings, I am going through a lot of stress at the moment, probably more than I can cope with, but you are right stress creates many problems and it's not worth it. 

Bhen ji, try and turn that dukh into daru. 

I think these stressful times come and go. Tell yourself that this period wont last forever. I've always found my simran gets more deeper when I'm suffering myself. That's one positive from it.

Keep your head up sister!! You're not alone.

3 people like this

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

Bhen ji, try and turn that dukh into daru. 

I think these stressful times come and go. Tell yourself that this period wont last forever. I've always found my simran gets more deeper when I'm suffering myself. That's one positive from it.

Keep your head up sister!! You're not alone.

Thanks Dally paji, your words have helped me today. I've been through worse than this, but for some reason maybe due to getting older, it feels harder to deal with than when I was younger. Probably was stronger then, but you'd think I'd be used to it by now and be able to cope. 

Yes, you are right it will pass. I'm like you too, but it's harder to focus properly on simran when health is not as good. For that the mind must be strong, but when a physical illness affects one, then the mind weakens too. And it doesn't seem as fulfilling to the soul. 

Hanji I know I'm not alone, there's probably somebody worse than me, so I should take your words into account and work on accepting God's will. Thank you for the motivating words of hope. 

Edited by simran345
2 people like this

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Topics

• If there ain't no mosque around, I think they can get funding for one from saudis, who'll throw money at it. Money that is peanuts to them given their revenues from oil sales. 
    • They move where the mosque is. That is their number one requirment. I worked for a estate agents once and they always asked if the area had any local mosques. 
    • ' the prasad sort of made a hole' That bit was funny. If not logical
    • Do you think once these open door and irresponsible economic reform policies have been instigated the future successor of the current guy in charge will roll it all back? Once you set upon the global path there is no reversal. Of course not, bro. You know how white Canadians have a reputation of being laid back to the point of being perhaps too compliant, even when they should maybe step forward and make their voices heard? Up until relatively recently they've been content to go with the flow, but from my observations based on various sources and the usual internet chatter (where under the guise of anonymity people are predisposed to say what they truly feel about issues that perhaps they would shy away from discussing truthfully, due to fears of ostracism in the workplace, friends, and family) from Canadian people of all political and social hues, there's a genuine concern and, if I'm being honest, the beginnings of a panic about where Trudeau is looking to take Canada. Will you go full Sweden? Not solely under Trudeau you won't, but if his ways are seen as a template instead of an aberration, you're looking at trouble within the next decade or so. Obviously with you guys being on the ground over there your daily experiences might differ, but I hope you at least have one eye on the future. Don't get caught napping.  
    • Brother, prashad is sacred, extreme care, precutions, should be taken to not let it fall down. It is more precious than any valuable items, jewellery or money. It is just not something eatable, but rather something pure, blessings, from Guru Jee to Sangat, through sewadars. The sewadar should be very attentive, and feel blessed, by doing that sewa of prashad distribution, though no sewa is small in His eyes, but where prashad is concerned, extreme care should be taken.   Sat Sree Akal.