Abandoned WIves - another cosh to beat sikhs with?

jkvlondon

1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

This is not a political issue but one concerning psychology, sociology, and perhaps biology. Read up on male and female behaviour patterns. There are always exceptions, because humans cannot be nearly categorised, and there are always outliers that buck trends. It's a matter of extrapolating what has been proven and applying it to current society in its many forms. How you've managed to compare a micro situation - the subtle minutae of the dynamics between the members of a same-sex group of friends - and compare it to a macro situation of a war between countries is mind-boggling. I had you down as someone who was smarter than the kind of stuff you've posted above. You're letting your resentment towards established societal norms cloud your judgement.

It's amazing how Sikhs are governed by Political Correctness and Cultural Marxism and not even Sikhi.

Our guru's were not politically correct, I'm sure that they must have upset the feelings of many a Brahmin and a MaulvI. 

Our guru's had a very good understanding of human nature and psychology and not afraid of calling out a spade for a spade.

20 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

It's amazing how Sikhs are governed by Political Correctness and Cultural Marxism and not even Sikhi.

Our guru's were not politically correct, I'm sure that they must have upset the feelings of many a Brahmin and a MaulvI. 

Our guru's had a very good understanding of human nature and psychology and not afraid of calling out a spade for a spade.

You know, it's so true what you are saying here. They were quite forthright in saying what had to be said regardless of consequences - even when it brought violent wrath upon their own, their families and the communities head. 

But there is that sakhi where Guru Hargobind Ji (I think) discourages a zealous brother who had broken the nose off an idol and then asked the irate worshipers to make the idol defend itself (so to speak) when confronted. Although, what the idol-breaker was saying was true from a Sikhi perspective Guru ji told him to hold that kind of stuff down and be a bit more sensitive of people's beliefs. 

Am I wrong in interpreting this (and wider Guru-period Sikh history)  as Guru ji tolerating minor things in other communities that don't really harm us, but being boldly forthright in confronting more serious issues/ideologies that do have a potentially negative effect on us (like Aurengzaab's style of Islam)?

3 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Why only women. Don't men play such mind games on each other as well. Wickedness is not sole preserve of females .

Maybe women are sick of millenia of patriarchy. I m too. Straight men have way too much power. Historically they hv been responsible for wars and killing. When was the last time you saw a rioting mob of women. 

All our Guru's from Guru Nanak Dev Ji to Dashmesh Pita were all patriarchs. 

For all the faults of Patriarchy, it's the patriarchs that pushed forward civilisation.

There were plenty of war mongering female leaders as well. Women have played their part in bringing down empires too for personal gain.

For example, Google Cortes and Montezuma during Spain conquista of Mexico and who played a key role in bringing down the Aztec Empire.

Women in history have had no qualms in siding with conquerors when it suits their purpose.

Certain people shouldn't be idolising any gender - male or female (or anything in-between seeing as that appears to be a growing group these days??).

Male and Female can both be evil as hell. Both are as susceptible to the 5 chors as each other. Women can and do start fights in between blokes as much as other blokes and their crap does. 

9 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

All our Guru's from Guru Nanak Dev Ji to Dashmesh Pita were all patriarchs. 

For all the faults of Patriarchy, it's the patriarchs that pushed forward civilisation.

There were plenty of war mongering female leaders as well. Women have played their part in bringing down empires too for personal gain.

For example, Google Cortes and Montezuma during Spain conquista of Mexico and who played a key role in bringing down the Aztec Empire.

Women in history have had no qualms in siding with conquerors when it suits their purpose.

India started off as a matriarchical society with outside influences it was changed to become a patriarchy .

there are many women warriors who didn't do what you suggested but fought against and lead others to fight against invaders 

http://mentalfloss.com/article/59287/9-female-warriors-who-made-their-mark-history

including Mata Bhag Kaur ji 

2 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

These issues need to be discussed openly without prejudice or fear. The more people are shouted down or insulted for even daring to suggest such things, the more these issues are pushed underground, and we all know when that happens, certain ideas, beliefs, etc, begin to thrive under adversity, but they also fester and bubble away until a tipping point arrives when it all explodes. The very nature of making something taboo and controversial invites a certain sense of rebellion, which ultimately lends such things a quality of being "cool."

Where I draw the line personally is in the idea that it's acceptable to offend and hurt. You usually find it's deeply prejudiced individuals who bleat on about the right to offend, but I don't think that's necessary. To be able to discuss a subject, no matter how controversial, without goading or offending someone under the pretence of free speech, is the grown-up way of doing it. Most of the people who advocate such things want to win an argument rather than actually resolve certain issues.

4 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

India started off as a matriarchical society with outside influences it was changed to become a patriarchy .

there are many women warriors who didn't do what you suggested but fought against and lead others to fight against invaders 

http://mentalfloss.com/article/59287/9-female-warriors-who-made-their-mark-history

including Mata Bhag Kaur ji 

I am beginning to think that India is and has always been a matriarchal society, what we think of patriarchal is really patrilineal.

Those women warriors that you have mentioned came in the absence of male authority.

What is very interesting as well is that many of them were Queens that sought revenge.

Did they really do it for revenge or what is it to keep a grip on power. 

It seems to follow a similar pattern to a lot of the women Prime Ministers and Presidents in a lot of countries that seem to be the daughter or the wife of some leader like Cory Aquino of the Philippines,  Benazir Bhutto, De Kirchner of Argentina, Indira Gandhi (however her Son Rajiv Gandhi follows this pattern, we know who he set his vengeance on), or Sheikh Hasina of Bangladesh.

The only  woman that deserves respect in that list other than our Mata Bhag Kaur Ji is Joan of Arc.

22 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

The only  woman that deserves respect in that list other than our Mata Bhag Kaur Ji is Joan of Arc.

Absolutely yes. Joan of Arc has always fascinated me. What she achieved primarily based on, as she claimed, a command from God, is remarkable. Her conduct during her life, and the manner in which she faced her death was immense.

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
11 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I see a transgender case potentially happening before my very eyes here.... lol 

Your hate is showing