Abandoned WIves - another cosh to beat sikhs with?

jkvlondon

10 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

This is from a Christian website but interesting insight.

yeah well Christians also preach the rule of thumb in the bible , and say that women are not meant to teach men anything when we know that Jesus appointed female parchaariks too. It's a bit one-sided

Guest Jacfsing2
1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

yeah well Christians also preach the rule of thumb in the bible , and say that women are not meant to teach men anything when we know that Jesus appointed female parchaariks too. It's a bit one-sided

There's a quote in the Bible there one of the 13 apostles said that a woman is not allowed to speak in Church. (Don't know the exact quote, but if I ever find it this post will be edied). Honestly this is the first time I heard of Jesus female preachers. When Jesus was "shaheed", (if you want to call it that), he was betrayed by a Ghadar named Judas, it was his female followers wanting to see the body of their God, who went to see his body. The male disciples other than John left, and they were all brought to Justice by the Romans for following Jesus in the first place: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_at_the_crucifixion

(But women have played an important role in both Sikhi and Christianity, not so much in Hinduism and Islam.)

8 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

There's a quote in the Bible there one of the 13 apostles said that a woman is not allowed to speak in Church. (Don't know the exact quote, but if I ever find it this post will be edied). Honestly this is the first time I heard of Jesus female preachers. When Jesus was "shaheed", (if you want to call it that), he was betrayed by a Ghadar named Judas, it was his female followers wanting to see the body of their God, who went to see his body. The male disciples other than John left, and they were all brought to Justice by the Romans for following Jesus in the first place: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_at_the_crucifixion

(But women have played an important role in both Sikhi and Christianity, not so much in Hinduism and Islam.)

Not one quote on females being quiet but many...... check out 

https://www.openbible.info/topics/women_preachers

7 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

There's a quote in the Bible there one of the 13 apostles said that a woman is not allowed to speak in Church. (Don't know the exact quote, but if I ever find it this post will be edied). Honestly this is the first time I heard of Jesus female preachers. When Jesus was "shaheed", (if you want to call it that), he was betrayed by a Ghadar named Judas, it was his female followers wanting to see the body of their God, who went to see his body. The male disciples other than John left, and they were all brought to Justice by the Romans for following Jesus in the first place: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_at_the_crucifixion

Judaism(orthodox) is much like muslim attitude to women - keep them silent, under wraps and barefoot and pregnant so you can see where the roots of woman hating comes from. Some of male apostles were openly jealous of Mary as she was given more knowledge given to her by Jesus, I'd say because she wasn't constantly doubting what he said .

Mary Magdalene was reframed by RC and the men apostles as a ex-pro but she never was. There's a lot of nasty muck-flinging done against the early  women parchaariks  and members of the christian faith but if you read the eastern orthodox it is not any way near to the harsh treatment of women . The thing I find incredible is the apostle Peter who was told by Jesus you will deny me three times before the cock crows this night went on to form the RC church , selling out his messiah's message to placate pagans. 

Hindus outright say women cannot achieve moksha in this lifetime ...they have to be reborn as men . They only use women to keep others suppressed and in line much like islam .

21 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

Hindus outright say women cannot achieve moksha in this lifetime ...they have to be reborn as men . They only use women to keep others suppressed and in line much like islam .

I get the impression middle class Indians in the various urbanised hubs of the country don't adhere to Hinduism beyond lip service. If anything it's become a quaint tradition for them that, despite their apparent modernisation, is only adhered to because of the still fundamentally conservative core of Indian society. My feeling is they partake in religious practices for the sake of appearances and not to create any waves amongst their community. The gods they worship now are those of finance, progressivism, and a certain brand of liberalism infused with a strange sense of nationalism that they just can't relinquish. The practice of orthodox Hinduism, I feel, is preserved for those on the lower rungs of society. Islam, on the other hand, has an almost cult-like fever in its adherents across most social divides. The poor Muslim will use his machete to convince you of his faith and devotion, whilst the "educated" Muslim will try to bamboozle you with his powers of intellect and rationality to convince you of the truth of Islam. Same thing, different means.

1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

Hindus outright say women cannot achieve moksha in this lifetime ...they have to be reborn as men . They only use women to keep others suppressed and in line much like islam

I know of a colleague who got married in India. When the ladies of the house had their periods they were confined to sit in a room with a mud flour. They sat on the floor and food was literally thrown at them like the way you would feed a stray dog. They slept there too. No one talked to them. 

Well, her marriage did not last too long as she now is married to a much saner guy. She gave up her old outdated Hindu beliefs, and went for the western culture, western clothes and drinking and dancing the night away to drown the sorrows of her religion. 

We are lucky enough to have respect and we can still do our path and be treated like normal human beings all 30 days of the month. Thanks to the Gurus who stood up and showed the Sikhs the insanity of such practices. Hindus who are trying to phase out Sikhism do not much to replace it with either. 

1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

My feeling is they partake in religious practices for the sake of appearances and not to create any waves amongst their community.

This is what actually appeals to them.... shabads from Gurbani which they call songs by mistake. 

In his interview at live performance, he states what is important to his heart.