Kira    1,249
8 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Please don't get entangled or criticizing of three dieties of hinduism : brahma vishnu shiva

In words of Mazumdar , a bengali hindu historian

Who 's this supreme god that vedas speak of ?

its known as "brahm" or "parbrahm" , same words SGGS used as well numerous times.

Our hindu brothers got confused on this one ! If you ask a vaishnav brother who's the supreme god, he will say vishnu. 

If you ask a shaivite who's the supreme god, he will say shiva . No one worships brahma btw ! 

I had read little on english translation of 10 major upanishads . Upanishads are like embedded texts within vedas . Like how sukhmani sahib is embedded in SGGS.

One of the foremost ones , Katha upanishad says

This sounds quite familiar to gurbani "Bhae vich agan ... bhae vich ... " (so sorry don't remember the full shabad). 

Ignorance comes because people don't want to understand their own scriptures 

Guru Gobind Singh Ji said that following these Vedas one is led away from Akaal Purkh. He also said that the Deities are arrogant and consider themselves supreme. That isn't criticism its nothing more than an objective evaluation of the truth. 

All of the Devta are far below a true Gursikh, in fact Guru Granth Sahib Ji even states that Maya has them entangled in her web. All of them succumb to their own flaws, Shiva succumbed to rage, Brahma succumb to pride, Vishnu fell to lust and pride. Sure in terms of Spiritality they are above ordinary people, but they themselves are bound by death. None of them know anything about God and all these scriptures that they released onto the world are devoid of Naam and Gurbani.

Edited by Kira
  • Like 1

Guest Jacfsing2   
Guest Jacfsing2
6 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

are there pics of guru sahibs' home ?

No, but that's the thing, because they built a huge gurdwara to replace it we can't see his home, this was before photography. You can't even see pre-Ranjit Singh Harmandir Sahib.

pavitarsin    3

The pages are really fragile & scanning them is a bit difficult, I'll try to upload more soon, & the antique dealer in Pakistan contacted me saying that these were written by someone famous, though he couldn't tell whom. Hmmm58c65f784c480_Scanpothi1(1).thumb.JPG.cd7bd974e69dc84001dcbc67bd0508ff.JPG58c65f946b5f1_Scanpothi1(2).thumb.JPG.692b426cc7ef7c8291aa6f5361e947ce.JPG58c66034d5a45_Scanpothi1(6).thumb.JPG.9b29a388fa3d398dfe36baa38a4947ef.JPG58c660a0e27ee_Scanpothi1(7).thumb.JPG.8647ce9887d4d4f42bb07edc2bc3641b.JPG58c660558b8ea_Scanpothi1(8).thumb.JPG.2c3fcb2d88d5cf0add17afd8b5a81c8b.JPG58c660718e3a0_Scanpothi1(9).thumb.JPG.c36bee8ac37aa4a4f8748dd054ee9508.JPG58c65fe01d0cf_Scanpothi1(10).thumb.JPG.9a3d4901bbadc7b0ae7af95918e5be08.JPG

Scan pothi1 (4).JPG

58c660558b8ea_Scanpothi1(8).thumb.JPG.2c3fcb2d88d5cf0add17afd8b5a81c8b.JPG

This is sukhmani sahib .

5th ashthapadi starting on the left bottom page, 

BTW did anyone else notice second line of the first pada is missing in this pothi ..It misses the line 

"ek bhi na dae das bhi hir lae"

So , baani as we know it is 

"das bastu lae paache paave.

ek bast kaaran bikhot gavaave.

ek bhi na dae das bhi hir lae"

but here in this pothi, we have 

"das bastu lae paache paave.

k bhi na dae das bhi hir lae"

even 'eedi' is missing . 

Perhaps someone made writing mistake 

• Like 1

chatanga    1,068

This is from Sri Sukhmani Sahib.

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji - Ang 271

whoever speaks of Him shall be liberated
Listen, O friends, Nanak prays, to the wonderful story of the Holy. ||1||

58c6b221abe76_oldgranth1.jpg.3f2cb9bd354a9475321f3e928b762ddc.jpg

• Like 1

chatanga    1,068

This granth is dated in the samvat of 19 Faghan 1814 ie about 1757 isvi.

58c6b2757a089_oldgranth5.jpg.76ba85d96d8b61c1973f920be3a0323c.jpgThat would be the same year Baba Deep Singh Ji became shaheed

• Like 1

chatanga    1,068
On 09/03/2017 at 0:57 PM, pavitarsin said:

Aw okayy, thanks for replying guys, i just recieved one "pothi" by courier, I'll try to take a better look, & scan and upload better pages.

PLease do, and share them sikhawareness.com as well  Bhaji. i had responded to your posts there, but it seems yo haven't seen them yet.

Please divulge a little more on how you came across these and eventually acquired them Bhaji.

• Like 1

pavitarsin    3
23 minutes ago, chatanga said:

PLease do, and share them sikhawareness.com as well  Bhaji. i had responded to your posts there, but it seems yo haven't seen them yet.

Please divulge a little more on how you came across these and eventually acquired them Bhaji.

Actually i went to Pakistan last year in Nov. Visited many historical sites & Gurudwaras, and my grandfather served in the british army & he owned some land in pakistan prior to the partition, we thought it'd be a good idea to visit that place and after reaching & enquiring found some people who remembered my grandfather & after that everyone was quite hospitable & there i heard about this local art dealer who had collected stuff relating to sikh gurus as there are many historical places in Pakistan relating to sikh history & that person collects sikh antiquities & then auctions them off abroad, most of the stuff we don't even come across like guru ji's personal belongings & stuff like that, i saw these pothis with him and at first he was reluctant to sell these, i could just get this one right now due to financial reasons, but i hope to soon get the other ones too.

pavitarsin    3
31 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

No one talked about the point I raised -_- 

Actually i haven't posted some pages yet, they were pasted together as to not let us read that part, I've been carefully trying to separate them & that'll I'll post them soon, they seem to have illustrations of demons & seem a bit macabre, idk, i really find this pothi very interesting

Guest Jacfsing2   
Guest Jacfsing2
5 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

No one talked about the point I raised -_- 

What was that?

pavitarsin    3

Engraved brass/bronze glasses that he claims to have been personally used by the gurustmp_9001-IMG_20170312_171432_01941557045.thumb.jpg.7d1916d833558fe8911d26937b29f4d6.jpgMore scans coming up...

And the antique dealer sent me a few pics of things related to sikh gurus, he claims to have kitchen utensils used personally by the gurus, I'll post some pics of them too.

Scan10005.JPG

Scan10004.JPG

Scan10003.JPG

Scan10001.JPG

Scan1.JPG

Scan10006.JPG

Scan10007.JPG

Scan10008.JPG

tmp_9001-IMG_20170312_171437_011540464813.jpg

Edited by pavitarsin

MisterrSingh    2,805

Just be careful. You've no way of knowing whether those utensils were used by Guru Sahibs. Don't get taken for a ride.

• Like 1

Guest Jacfsing2   
Guest Jacfsing2
42 minutes ago, pavitarsin said:

Engraved brass/bronze glasses that he claims to have been personally used by the gurustmp_9001-IMG_20170312_171432_01941557045.thumb.jpg.7d1916d833558fe8911d26937b29f4d6.jpgMore scans coming up...

And the antique dealer sent me a few pics of things related to sikh gurus, he claims to have kitchen utensils used personally by the gurus, I'll post some pics of them too.

Scan10005.JPG

Scan10004.JPG

Scan10003.JPG

Scan10001.JPG

Scan1.JPG

Scan10006.JPG

Scan10007.JPG

Scan10008.JPG

tmp_9001-IMG_20170312_171437_011540464813.jpg

Alright now this guy is just plain out taking you for someone who'll believe anything. It could be that he is saying the truth, there is a chance that Guru Sahib could have once touched one of these things; however, we should know this much Guru Sahib despite being God had many political enemies who would try to "kill", (you can't kill Guru Sahib), so he would be cautious of who he ate from.

pavitarsin    3
1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

Just be careful. You've no way of knowing whether those utensils were used by Guru Sahibs. Don't get taken for a ride.

1 hour ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Alright now this guy is just plain out taking you for someone who'll believe anything. It could be that he is saying the truth, there is a chance that Guru Sahib could have once touched one of these things; however, we should know this much Guru Sahib despite being God had many political enemies who would try to "kill", (you can't kill Guru Sahib), so he would be cautious of who he ate from.

Yeah, i know what you're saying, & quite frankly I'm only interested in these books, granths, written material, the other things without any proof has to be 99% fake, cause when i met him he refused to show me gurujis personal belongings that I'm sure of that he's auctioning that stuff somewhere in europe, he has auctioned before & he will again, these scriptures would've been lost again in some collector's possession, hopefully I'll be able to get some more written material from him.