hand written & drawn gurmukhi scriptures

pavitarsin

On 09/03/2017 at 0:57 PM, pavitarsin said:

Aw okayy, thanks for replying guys, i just recieved one "pothi" by courier, I'll try to take a better look, & scan and upload better pages.

PLease do, and share them sikhawareness.com as well  Bhaji. i had responded to your posts there, but it seems yo haven't seen them yet.

Please divulge a little more on how you came across these and eventually acquired them Bhaji.

23 minutes ago, chatanga said:

PLease do, and share them sikhawareness.com as well  Bhaji. i had responded to your posts there, but it seems yo haven't seen them yet.

Please divulge a little more on how you came across these and eventually acquired them Bhaji.

Actually i went to Pakistan last year in Nov. Visited many historical sites & Gurudwaras, and my grandfather served in the british army & he owned some land in pakistan prior to the partition, we thought it'd be a good idea to visit that place and after reaching & enquiring found some people who remembered my grandfather & after that everyone was quite hospitable & there i heard about this local art dealer who had collected stuff relating to sikh gurus as there are many historical places in Pakistan relating to sikh history & that person collects sikh antiquities & then auctions them off abroad, most of the stuff we don't even come across like guru ji's personal belongings & stuff like that, i saw these pothis with him and at first he was reluctant to sell these, i could just get this one right now due to financial reasons, but i hope to soon get the other ones too.

31 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

No one talked about the point I raised -_- 

Actually i haven't posted some pages yet, they were pasted together as to not let us read that part, I've been carefully trying to separate them & that'll I'll post them soon, they seem to have illustrations of demons & seem a bit macabre, idk, i really find this pothi very interesting

Engraved brass/bronze glasses that he claims to have been personally used by the gurustmp_9001-IMG_20170312_171432_01941557045.thumb.jpg.7d1916d833558fe8911d26937b29f4d6.jpgMore scans coming up...

And the antique dealer sent me a few pics of things related to sikh gurus, he claims to have kitchen utensils used personally by the gurus, I'll post some pics of them too.

Scan10005.JPG

Scan10004.JPG

Scan10003.JPG

Scan10001.JPG

Scan1.JPG

Scan10006.JPG

Scan10007.JPG

Scan10008.JPG

tmp_9001-IMG_20170312_171437_011540464813.jpg

Guest Jacfsing2
42 minutes ago, pavitarsin said:

Engraved brass/bronze glasses that he claims to have been personally used by the gurustmp_9001-IMG_20170312_171432_01941557045.thumb.jpg.7d1916d833558fe8911d26937b29f4d6.jpgMore scans coming up...

And the antique dealer sent me a few pics of things related to sikh gurus, he claims to have kitchen utensils used personally by the gurus, I'll post some pics of them too.

Scan10005.JPG

Scan10004.JPG

Scan10003.JPG

Scan10001.JPG

Scan1.JPG

Scan10006.JPG

Scan10007.JPG

Scan10008.JPG

tmp_9001-IMG_20170312_171437_011540464813.jpg

Alright now this guy is just plain out taking you for someone who'll believe anything. It could be that he is saying the truth, there is a chance that Guru Sahib could have once touched one of these things; however, we should know this much Guru Sahib despite being God had many political enemies who would try to "kill", (you can't kill Guru Sahib), so he would be cautious of who he ate from.

1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

Just be careful. You've no way of knowing whether those utensils were used by Guru Sahibs. Don't get taken for a ride.

1 hour ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Alright now this guy is just plain out taking you for someone who'll believe anything. It could be that he is saying the truth, there is a chance that Guru Sahib could have once touched one of these things; however, we should know this much Guru Sahib despite being God had many political enemies who would try to "kill", (you can't kill Guru Sahib), so he would be cautious of who he ate from.

Yeah, i know what you're saying, & quite frankly I'm only interested in these books, granths, written material, the other things without any proof has to be 99% fake, cause when i met him he refused to show me gurujis personal belongings that I'm sure of that he's auctioning that stuff somewhere in europe, he has auctioned before & he will again, these scriptures would've been lost again in some collector's possession, hopefully I'll be able to get some more written material from him.