The Black Prince - New Film Based On Sikh Maharajah Duleep Singh

genie

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/02/2017 at 2:45 PM, TigerForce1 said:

Let's face it Sikhi was sidelined by Maharaja Ranjit Singh way before the British set their sights on the Punjab.  The Nihung Singhs had already started to protest against Ranjit Singhs anti-Sikh ways and it would have just been a matter of time before there would have been a violent clash between the secular monarchy and the real Sikhs of the time.  Duleep Singhs fate was already destined to be separated from Sikhi.  Maharaja Ranjit Singh had brilliant qualities of a leader but his lavish and anti-Sikh lifestyle is the reason we are facing the problems of being stateless today.

Although the story of Duleep Singh is sad we must not forget that the Sikh 'nishaana' of the time was never to be ruled by a secular Monarch but to establish 'Khalsa Raj' and to be led by the 'Khalsa'.

But, it wasn't really. Even before he rose to power the misls were already doing what he did, at a smaller scale of course. Each misl had their own turf, ruled by one man, and were always fighting each other. Also, let's not pretend the misls were hardcore gursikhs, simply the truth, in no way am I looking down on them. Point being, Maharaja Ranjit Singh, just took the misls game to a whole new level. 

Guest Jacfsing2
1 hour ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

Also, let's not pretend the misls were hardcore gursikhs, simply the truth, in no way am I looking down on them. 

The Shaheedian Misl was led by Baba Deep Singh Ji; who on a daily basis did 22 hours Simran; (these would happen sometimes while he was training), he also led the Taksal; wrote Saroops of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji in different languages, and was one to fight for righteousness. I'm not even equal to the dust of the feet of Baba Deep Singh Ji, and you are here saying he's not some Gursikh? 

Just for the record Sukhdev Singh Babbar was also a Gursikh of high behavior, as was Jugraj Singh Toofan and others. 

The misls were 12 clans ruled by 12 chieftains and your assuming it was these clans that were consolidated into one and ruled by one Chieftain who established Khalsa Raj.  No this would not have been possible without the support of everyday GurSikh man and women of Punjab who gave their blood and souls for establishing Khalsa Raj not a kingdom for a Chieftan/Monarch of a secular state.  The Chieftain Ranjit Singh and the previous Chieftains of the 12 misls misused the support of GurSikhs to establish Kingdoms or rule turfs as you put it in their own names.  The same has been seen in recent times where politicians such as Badal have played the Sikh card for gaining Sikh votes in the name of a Sikh Akali Party and totally misused the power they were entrusted with and done complete opposite to a Party in line with a Sikh ethos.  

Basically what I am saying is these leaders such as Ranjit Singh and Badals and so on would have nothing without Sikh support and they've turned their backs on their faith and Guru that enabled them to scale such heights.  The everyday people eventually turn their backs on these type of leaders too and all that is left is a 'Black Prince' who wants to return to the his fathers Kingdom to reclaim something that should never have been.  When Khalsa Raj does come to this world it will be for the GURU and it will be permanent!

On 26/02/2017 at 5:54 AM, Jacfsing2 said:

+1 Not that big of an issue; I can understand why some people would assume me being fake, especially since some people don't really know what it means.

Believe me lol, we know what it means. You're just so stuck in your own world that you convinced yourself it's "ignorant fools" calling you out, and that's the only reason. Definitely it's their "ignorance," surely not something youre doing. 

9 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

The Shaheedian Misl was led by Baba Deep Singh Ji; who on a daily basis did 22 hours Simran; (these would happen sometimes while he was training), he also led the Taksal; wrote Saroops of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji in different languages, and was one to fight for righteousness. I'm not even equal to the dust of the feet of Baba Deep Singh Ji, and you are here saying he's not some Gursikh? 

Just for the record Sukhdev Singh Babbar was also a Gursikh of high behavior, as was Jugraj Singh Toofan and others. 

Where did I say that? Worst "rebuttal" ever. 

Ok? What do they have to do with this?...

Guest Jacfsing2
3 hours ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

Believe me lol, we know what it means. You're just so stuck in your own world that you convinced yourself it's "ignorant fools" calling you out, and that's the only reason. Definitely it's their "ignorance," surely not something youre doing. 

I've never called any Sangat member here a fool, what I was referring to were some guests that come here trying to learn about Sikhi, (If you are one of those people, I'd recommend reading bani online, instead of being on this forum, especially if you know absolutely nothing).

3 hours ago, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

Where did I say that? Worst "rebuttal" ever. 

Ok? What do they have to do with this?...

Your statement vaguely lumped the Misls together: and the guy that posted right after me decided to insult the Misls even more. 

Your statement vaguely lumped the Misls together: and "the guy that posted right after me decided to insult the Misls even more". 

I have no intention to insult Misls or Sardars!  I have merely tried to state that at certain times during our history individuals such as Ranjit Singh, Badal and countless others have misused the support given to them by GurSikhs.  At no point was support given to individuals or statesmen for personal conquests and expansion only for establishing Khalsa Raj.  I apologise if I have offended anyone!