The Black Prince - New Film Based On Sikh Maharajah Duleep Singh

genie

10 minutes ago, Sukhvirk76 said:

Others may well fight dirty and not be chivalrous but deceit and subterfuge is not what the rahit of sikhi.. fighting for truth and righteousness is undermined by deceit.  Doesn't mean not being smart. 

sukh try reading history and understand that  giving codes for weapons foods, people  etc is part of our tactics as was guerilla warfare whilst we were outnumbered . That might be considered subterfuge and the deceit is only in using the withholding information: actual mission , routes numbers and whatever but that is standard in warfare any time period . Unless you think we should send a statement of intent with our full strategy to the enemy.

for example  1 tyaar bar tyaar sikh was referred to as sava lakh fauj  , was it a deceit maybe but also a little gallows humour. Beseiged and starving and yet eating Mitte Parshadey i.e. stale roti   anyone overhearing from the opposing camp would be disheartening that the sikhs were doing mauja

3 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

sukh try reading history and understand that  giving codes for weapons foods, people  etc is part of our tactics as was guerilla warfare whilst we were outnumbered . That might be considered subterfuge and the deceit is only in using the withholding information: actual mission , routes numbers and whatever but that is standard in warfare any time period . Unless you think we should send a statement of intent with our full strategy to the enemy.

for example  1 tyaar bar tyaar sikh was referred to as sava lakh fauj  , was it a deceit maybe but also a little gallows humour. Beseiged and starving and yet eating Mitte Parshadey i.e. stale roti   anyone overhearing from the opposing camp would be disheartening that the sikhs were doing mauja

You presume you have read more than me. . I said dirty. . And I agree subterfuge was probably not the right word

3 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I think he is just saying not fighting some ruthless, determined enemy like a lulloo with their hands tied behind their backs. Things like sabotage, subversion, disinformation - the very common and accepted strategies of warfare.

You can't win unless you are aware of an enemies ability to employ these tactics, and able to deploy them yourselves as required. 

No one is talking about mass raping women and exterminating innocent people and all that crap. Keep up mate...

I'm keeping up bro 

Guest Jacfsing2
6 hours ago, Sukhvirk76 said:

Fight dirty? 

Not sure how that fits with the ethics of sikhi

I hope your never in a position where you have to protect anyone, (may Vaheguru keep everyone safe, but especially pepple like this). The only reason I would be able to confidently say this good guy mentality of hoping for the best is because a good friend of mine, (non-Sikh), taught me the actual way to protect one's self if need be. 

6 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I think he is just saying not fighting some ruthless, determined enemy like a lulloo with their hands tied behind their backs. Things like sabotage, subversion, disinformation - the very common and accepted strategies of warfare.

You can't win unless you are aware of an enemies ability to employ these tactics, and able to deploy them yourselves as required. 

No one is talking about mass raping women and exterminating innocent people and all that crap. Keep up mate...

He's lost it, he's been arguing pointlessly on just about everything.

8 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

I hope your never in a position where you have to protect anyone, (may Vaheguru keep everyone safe, but especially pepple like this). The only reason I would be able to confidently say this good guy mentality of hoping for the best is because a good friend of mine, (non-Sikh), taught me the actual way to protect one's self if need be. 

He's lost it, he's been arguing pointlessly on just about everything.

its not arguing.. it commenting on the soundness of the proposition.. shame you see everything in that polarised way.. you clearly only want to speak with sycophants rather have a open discussion

• 4 months later...
Guest Jacfsing2
2 hours ago, simran345 said:

I want to watch this movie, but there's two versions (English and Punjabi). Which is the one to watch? Is the punjabi one dubbed in punjabi? I'm assuming it's the English one that's the original, but confused as to which one is? 

Best to watch both and compare them, some movies will be better in the original while others will be better in a change. If someone does make a trilingual movie it's best to not end-up like this film: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakaway_(2011_film). (Though you have options on whether you watch in a certain language or not).

9 hours ago, simran345 said:

I want to watch this movie, but there's two versions (English and Punjabi). Which is the one to watch? Is the punjabi one dubbed in punjabi? I'm assuming it's the English one that's the original, but confused as to which one is? 

Just watched it last night.  Watch the English version as this is original format of the movie.  Brilliant movie, executed very well and a real eye opener of the events surrounding the life of Duleep Singh.  Really sad and tragic.  I certainly came back home with something new I had learnt.

Really poor turnout at the cinema considering it is only screened once a day and this was the second screening of the opening weekend.  Everybody should go out and support this movie!  It's simple if the revenue is low then you can forget about producers taking a risk on Sikh history related movies in the future.

5 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Best to watch both and compare them, some movies will be better in the original while others will be better in a change. If someone does make a trilingual movie it's best to not end-up like this film: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakaway_(2011_film). (Though you have options on whether you watch in a certain language or not).

Thanks, but I'd rather just watch one, and not waste money on another. 

57 minutes ago, TigerForce1 said:

Just watched it last night.  Watch the English version as this is original format of the movie.  

Thanks, I thought the English version was the original, so I'd rather see it in its original form, the way it's been made.