The Black Prince - New Film Based On Sikh Maharajah Duleep Singh

genie

7 hours ago, 13Mirch said:

I personally believe that Sikh institutions (SGPC, Akali-Dal, Dhumma faction Taksal, Balbir Singh faction Budha-Dal and others) have failed in properly propagating the essence of the Sikh ethos. Our modern day pracharks have become gapis who can only talk of Babas dispatching  tsunamis from one corner of the earth to another, or claim that they received oranges from Sachkhand. Such stupidity leaves no room for ithiaasic scrutiny or a proper appreciation/evaluation of Gurbani. That said, Sikh intellectualism has also failed in it's duty. How low have we fallen that even pseudo-scholars like Mcleod, Dahavan and Sian are given more credence than proper heavy weights like Jagjit Singh, Kapur Singh, Daya Singh and so forth. 

I think it is our responsibility to highlight and translate the magnum opuses of all these true gurmukh intellectuals and their predecessors rather than relying on dubious modern authors who reframe our history to suit the elites who are afraid of a sikh renaissance ( otherwise why was their first step to shut down our independent printing houses and publishers before the hamla on Amritsar) and building on their work make history courses, ethics courses, politics courses to run throughout our gurdwarey/community centres or if the powers that be interfere there then hire primary school halls after  hours (helps out schools too)

4 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

I think it is our responsibility to highlight and translate the magnum opuses of all these true gurmukh intellectuals and their predecessors rather than relying on dubious modern authors who reframe our history to suit the elites who are afraid of a sikh renaissance ( otherwise why was their first step to shut down our independent printing houses and publishers before the hamla on Amritsar) and building on their work make history courses, ethics courses, politics courses to run throughout our gurdwarey/community centres or if the powers that be interfere there then hire primary school halls after  hours (helps out schools too)

Even the UK based Kashi House can be accused of bias. Academia is non-existent where Sikh socio-politics or religio-politics are concerned.

8 hours ago, 13Mirch said:

I personally believe that Sikh institutions (SGPC, Akali-Dal, Dhumma faction Taksal, Balbir Singh faction Budha-Dal and others) have failed in properly propagating the essence of the Sikh ethos. Our modern day pracharks have become gapis who can only talk of Babas dispatching  tsunamis from one corner of the earth to another, or claim that they received oranges from Sachkhand. Such stupidity leaves no room for ithiaasic scrutiny or a proper appreciation/evaluation of Gurbani. That said, Sikh intellectualism has also failed in it's duty. How low have we fallen that even pseudo-scholars like Mcleod, Dahavan and Sian are given more credence than proper heavy weights like Jagjit Singh, Kapur Singh, Daya Singh and so forth. 

surely most of these authors' works are copyrightfree now can we not make an e-press to produce on demand books of these people's work and perhaps negioate with family for permission of rest . 

13 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

my list of usual suspects runs long but for this I could imagine somebody who's name begins with T

2 minutes ago, 13Mirch said:

After the 'T' you only require 5 more letters and the dark clouds start gathering.

I'm genuinely stumped. Never mind, I'm sure someone or another will get upset if names are mentioned. 

Just now, 13Mirch said:

After the 'T' you only require 5 more letters and the dark clouds start gathering.

he starts saying these things and my heart just shrinks in my chest with world-weariness , like they say with friends like that who needs enemies? Forget about Santa Banta Jokes it's this quality of parchaar which turns off positivity in the fledgling panth...he just makes our kaum seem the equivalent of those hindu parchaariks ...thus the people thinking what's so special about sikhi