The Black Prince - New Film Based On Sikh Maharajah Duleep Singh

genie

Guest Jacfsing2
27 minutes ago, Sukhvirk76 said:

Paji did you "convert" to Sikhi. ?

-Maybe? Depends on your definition of "convert", but 2 things to note. 

1. Daas was not blessed with a strong foundation of Gurmat, and Gurbani, but still blessed to have even known of a "holy man", called "Guru Nanak", (not a strong foundation early on).

2. Daas has a strong rebel personality, and doesn't do ANYTHING without a 100% conviction, (though I'm working on that and trying to be more realistic).

Guest Jacfsing2
9 hours ago, Sukhvirk76 said:

What's your definition of 'convert' who have dismissed many as being Ghadhars so I'm interested to know how you distinguished between yourself and others. ?

My definition of convert is one who accepts a new truth to what they were born with. Here's the thing these people didn't convert for love or faith in their heart to be fanboys and fangirls of Jesus Christ, but rather because someone put a Shastar to their head. In fact if someone were to convert to Christianity today the Cult will provide them with at least 3 things:

1. Maya, (material goods)

2. Immigration into the West

3. Community, (we should also provide this, but for some reason our people don't love one another).

If someone is not strong in their faith it's easy to assume that they'll convert. Also personally Daas was a soul-searcher during a relatively long period of time, busy trying to find the truth from various religions not just the popular ones: (Daas no longer soul-searches, as I've found the truth). Finally, I don't regret the era of as wasting my time, but rather a push to make my Sikhi stronger today, and value it much more.

On 2/23/2017 at 2:13 PM, Jacfsing2 said:

Personally Daas thinks the ingenious American peoples who converted to Christianity were also Ghadars; especially the South American tribal royalty. Even the Pope states the forced conversion of the the Americas was a crime against humanity: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/24/world/americas/24pope.html There are Ghadars on all sides; whether it's the form of South America or whether it's from the East and Sub-continentals. As far as I'm concerned the only reasonable thing they did for their faith was to protect their holy land from the Muslims in the Crusades, (even though I feel they were on the right side; they were still wrong once they freed their holy lands)

On one hand you cite, 'forced conversions' on the other you cry the 'ghadar' line; your own mind isn't made up yet you elect to vilify others. A ten year old becomes a ghadar? No offence, but I would like to see your reaction if something similar transpired with your children. Would your own blood be dearer to you, or your 'ghadar' hype?

On 25/02/2017 at 10:38 AM, Jacfsing2 said:

Also personally Daas was a soul-searcher during a relatively long period of time, busy trying to find the truth from various religions not just the popular ones: (Daas no longer soul-searches, as I've found the truth). Finally, I don't regret the era of as wasting my time, but rather a push to make my Sikhi stronger today, and value it much more.

I suggest you tone down, or eliminate, the usage of "daas" because it's a sentiment that's at odds with your opinions and general outlook on certain issues. It makes you seem disingenuous. It's a word that is better suited to physical interactions between people; not so much when typing out replies on a forum. 

Guest Jacfsing2
1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

I suggest you tone down, or eliminate, the usage of "daas" because it's a sentiment that's at odds with your opinions and general outlook on certain issues. It makes you seem disingenuous. It's a word that is better suited to physical interactions between people; not so much when typing out replies on a forum. 

Ok.

5 hours ago, 13Mirch said:

On one hand you cite, 'forced conversions' on the other you cry the 'ghadar' line; your own mind isn't made up yet you elect to vilify others. A ten year old becomes a ghadar? No offence, but I would like to see your reaction if something similar transpired with your children. Would your own blood be dearer to you, or your 'ghadar' hype?

Don't have children, but I am sure that nobody would want their child to leave the path of Guru Sahib, (is there any other way to Vaheguru, then through Guru Sahib?)

Guest Jacfsing2
1 minute ago, MisterrSingh said:

I didn't mean to sound blunt. Take it as brotherly advice. When you reach mahapurash status in every respect, then use that term to your heart's content. Otherwise it just comes across as faux-humility when the sentiment being expressed a few seconds earlier was anything but.

+1 Not that big of an issue; I can understand why some people would assume me being fake, especially since some people don't really know what it means.

Guest Jacfsing2
22 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

And that above is the kind of thing why people think you're a fake. A perfect example. 

If it seems I'm acting fake, it's totally unintentional. (Just to be completely honest, I'm trying not to seem like a faker, maybe it's just the way forums work, I don't really know).