Guest Amritsinghb

Guru Gobind Ji came in my dream - I need to make sense of it

13 posts in this topic

Hi, I had a dream about Guru Gobind Ji. 

I am not a practicing Sikh, I don't even wear a Kara, I lost my belief in 2010 when my grandad passed away. He was an incredible holy person and lived to great age of 96 but even then in my eyes his time was cut short. 

It's 4am and I've just woken up from a very vivid dream. 

It's a rather odd dream as I don't have many and the ones I do have are dab dreams. However this was different and since I've woken up I am infatuated by its meaning. 

I was in a school, or university, sat on a row of benches just talking to which I can only believe to be to class mates. 

I can feel like I'm not a excelling person, I can feel in my dream that my life has been tough and I don't know where to go. 

I lay back on the bench and I feel someone is watching me, the more I ignore it then more stronger the sense gets, I get up and start looking around, there are a lot of people around, lots of people wearing sunglasses, lots of men in turbans, women wearing suits, all very different from the company I keep, I don't have any Indian friends. All are westerners, 

I keep looking and knowing something is alerting me. And as I'm about to give up, I notice a man behind me, say in the corner, dress in white, with a light brown shawl wrapped around him (very similar to what my grandad used to wear), this man had a very striking beard, a very familiar beard, as I keep trying to look eyes with this man, I see his eyes. They were directly looking at me, they were thunderous and amazing even more with look of a God. 

He only looked, I don't know what happened, but with one long look, not saying a word. I got up and started helping people. 

I started doing things like Breaking up fights, helping people who had fallen down and opposing bullies, in my dream it went to the extremes of pointing out those who have plundered from the poor and weak for their own greed only for them to be replaced by others. 

My dream almost fast forwards where I'm stood in a line with others and I am looking at the earth. It's split in to two parts with a gap i between, its not a voice but more a inner realisation the world is split In to 3 parts 
 The good, the evil and last part where there is a need for people to sustain the balance. 

I heard the following words and once I did I woke from my dream. This is why I am looking for answers 

The words I heard were " would you like to take your place" 


I know this is only a dream, but some help with its mean would be very grateful. 

As my grandad used to always say 

Rabb Rakha x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Guest Amritsinghb said:

Hi, I had a dream about Guru Gobind Ji. 

I am not a practicing Sikh, I don't even wear a Kara, I lost my belief in 2010 when my grandad passed away. He was an incredible holy person and lived to great age of 96 but even then in my eyes his time was cut short. 

It's 4am and I've just woken up from a very vivid dream. 

It's a rather odd dream as I don't have many and the ones I do have are dab dreams. However this was different and since I've woken up I am infatuated by its meaning. 

I was in a school, or university, sat on a row of benches just talking to which I can only believe to be to class mates. 

I can feel like I'm not a excelling person, I can feel in my dream that my life has been tough and I don't know where to go. 

I lay back on the bench and I feel someone is watching me, the more I ignore it then more stronger the sense gets, I get up and start looking around, there are a lot of people around, lots of people wearing sunglasses, lots of men in turbans, women wearing suits, all very different from the company I keep, I don't have any Indian friends. All are westerners, 

I keep looking and knowing something is alerting me. And as I'm about to give up, I notice a man behind me, say in the corner, dress in white, with a light brown shawl wrapped around him (very similar to what my grandad used to wear), this man had a very striking beard, a very familiar beard, as I keep trying to look eyes with this man, I see his eyes. They were directly looking at me, they were thunderous and amazing even more with look of a God. 

He only looked, I don't know what happened, but with one long look, not saying a word. I got up and started helping people. 

I started doing things like Breaking up fights, helping people who had fallen down and opposing bullies, in my dream it went to the extremes of pointing out those who have plundered from the poor and weak for their own greed only for them to be replaced by others. 

My dream almost fast forwards where I'm stood in a line with others and I am looking at the earth. It's split in to two parts with a gap i between, its not a voice but more a inner realisation the world is split In to 3 parts 
 The good, the evil and last part where there is a need for people to sustain the balance. 

I heard the following words and once I did I woke from my dream. This is why I am looking for answers 

The words I heard were " would you like to take your place" 


I know this is only a dream, but some help with its mean would be very grateful. 

As my grandad used to always say 

Rabb Rakha x

Seems you are being told not to be a fence sitter any more but get to the sewa you were born to do ... because he was dressed as your grandfather used to I think that's a clear message to you that he has gone to our true home and now wants you to pay attention to your duties now

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Guest Amritsinghb said:

Hi, I had a dream about Guru Gobind Ji. 

I am not a practicing Sikh, I don't even wear a Kara, I lost my belief in 2010 when my grandad passed away. He was an incredible holy person and lived to great age of 96 but even then in my eyes his time was cut short. 

It's 4am and I've just woken up from a very vivid dream. 

It's a rather odd dream as I don't have many and the ones I do have are dab dreams. However this was different and since I've woken up I am infatuated by its meaning. 

I was in a school, or university, sat on a row of benches just talking to which I can only believe to be to class mates. 

I can feel like I'm not a excelling person, I can feel in my dream that my life has been tough and I don't know where to go. 

I lay back on the bench and I feel someone is watching me, the more I ignore it then more stronger the sense gets, I get up and start looking around, there are a lot of people around, lots of people wearing sunglasses, lots of men in turbans, women wearing suits, all very different from the company I keep, I don't have any Indian friends. All are westerners, 

I keep looking and knowing something is alerting me. And as I'm about to give up, I notice a man behind me, say in the corner, dress in white, with a light brown shawl wrapped around him (very similar to what my grandad used to wear), this man had a very striking beard, a very familiar beard, as I keep trying to look eyes with this man, I see his eyes. They were directly looking at me, they were thunderous and amazing even more with look of a God. 

He only looked, I don't know what happened, but with one long look, not saying a word. I got up and started helping people. 

I started doing things like Breaking up fights, helping people who had fallen down and opposing bullies, in my dream it went to the extremes of pointing out those who have plundered from the poor and weak for their own greed only for them to be replaced by others. 

My dream almost fast forwards where I'm stood in a line with others and I am looking at the earth. It's split in to two parts with a gap i between, its not a voice but more a inner realisation the world is split In to 3 parts 
 The good, the evil and last part where there is a need for people to sustain the balance. 

I heard the following words and once I did I woke from my dream. This is why I am looking for answers 

The words I heard were " would you like to take your place" 


I know this is only a dream, but some help with its mean would be very grateful. 

As my grandad used to always say 

Rabb Rakha x

I sense a profound message in this dream. The fact your grandfather passed away at 96 is very symbolic in itself. Add 9 and 6 and you get 15. Then add 5 and 1 and you get 6. The number 6 represents good souls from heavens. Even if you break this number down to 3 or more it will still represent the unseen worlds and their inhabitants.

The fact that your dream took place at 4 am. is very telling too.  4am is considered to be a very auspicious time for us. It is Amrit velley and the whole of the Brahmand is awake singing God's glories. All Devi and Devtas are participating in naam symran.

The simple I nterpretation would mean that a holy soul from the unseen worlds or heavens appeared in your dream at AV to wake you up for naam symran.  This soul is telling you to wake up and do naam symran and may be some sewa too.  The message is profound in the sense that someone out there is worrying about you wasting your precious life away.  His powerful look is all you need to pull your socks up and stop larking about.

Schools and univericities in a dream represent learning while on earth. Your infatuation represents your yearning to find your true mission or purpose in this life. The fact you are lying or sitting on a bench is significant of the desire to decipher your real goal or aim in this life of yours.

All those people in sunglasses, turbans and suits are beckoning you to return to your roots. The brown shawl, the eyes and the beard are pointing towards something you are already familiar with. It symbolises familiarity.

Looking down from above is telling you, you will have to come back on earth in these three categories, depending on your karma. The color brown also represents the color of Earth. That's why they say, "dust to dust and .....  ."  

Your grandad is your gaurdian Angel because you have so much love for him in your heart. When we leave this body, we communicate with love as souls. Love is the language of the unseen worlds and that is why we say, 'God is Love.' 

 

 

Edited by CHaamCHrick
4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, CHaamCHrick said:

I sense a profound message in this dream. The fact your grandfather passed away at 96 is very symbolic in itself. Add 9 and 6 and you get 15. Then add 5 and 1 and you get 6. The number 6 represents good souls from heavens. Even if you break this number down to 3 or more it will still represent the unseen worlds and their inhabitants.  Your dream took place at 4 am. This is a very auspicious time for us. It is Amrit velley. The simple interpretation would mean that a holy soul from the unseen worlds appeared in your dream at AV to wake you up for naam symran.  This soul is telling you to wake up and do naam symran and may be some sewa too.  The message is profound in the sense that someone out there is worrying about you wasting your precious life away.  His powerful look is all you need to pull your socks up and stop larking about. Schools and univericities in a dream represent learning while on earth. Your infatuation represents your yearning to find your true mission or purpose in this life. The fact you are lying or sitting on the bench is significant you have not deciphered what is it really that you need to do in this life of yours. All those people in sunglasses, turbans and suits are beckoning to you to return to your roots. The brown shawl, the eyes and the beard are pointing towards something you are already familiar with. It symbolises familiarity. Looking down from above is telling you you will have to come back on earth in those three categories, all depending on your karma. Your grandad is your guiding Angel because you have so much love for him in your heart. When we leave this body, we, as souls communicate with love. Love is the language of the unseen worlds and that is why we say, 'God is Love.'

 

Thank you CHaamCHrick, your response has been well received unlike another's. 

 

I do do appreciate the time and effort you have take to deliver me a sense of understanding. 

Thank you 

Kindest Regards

ASB 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Guest AmritsinghB said:

Thank you CHaamCHrick, your response has been well received unlike another's. 

 

I do do appreciate the time and effort you have take to deliver me a sense of understanding. 

Thank you 

Kindest Regards

ASB 

 

I'm sorry if you feel I said something wrong but my immediate sense was 'stop worrying, he is home now ' when you talked about your grandfather , and the image I got was he is trying to stop you from worrying or being sad about him and to get on with your life , to use your potential for good. It's time now ... no more sadness and regret 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

I'm sorry if you feel I said something wrong but my immediate sense was 'stop worrying, he is home now ' when you talked about your grandfather , and the image I got was he is trying to stop you from worrying or being sad about him and to get on with your life , to use your potential for good. It's time now ... no more sadness and regret 

Daas thinks all these Anti-Jkvlondon Guests are the same person with different names to tilt some favor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Daas thinks all these Anti-Jkvlondon Guests are the same person with different names to tilt some favor.

I can reassure you I am not anti anyone, just immediately taken back and may have misinterpreted what Jkvlondon had quoted, jkvlondon I apologies for my initial immature sly dig, but after reading your response I hope that the air has now cleared. 

I have had time to assess my dream and to be honest whatever it maybe I know I had lost my way. As everyone we all have to one day face our demons and I believe the fear of the unknown that had been festering and conjuring in my mind over the past 15 months is that of just fear of the unknown. I was scared of the future and scared of what will be. Scared to do anything and believe it or not, I was scared of nothing. 

I have managed to really change my mind set through positive and peaceful thinking as well as listening to several shabads and sitting and listening to the japji Saab a Rehraas this morning and evening. 

All day I have been doing things without thinking and being proactive instead of thinking and saying to myself "I'll do it later". 

I know the dream was only a dream, however to me it conveyed a personal message which I had to decipher. 

I hope this transcends throughout my every day going forward, but for now, baby steps 

Thank you all for for your wise words and explanations. 

Kind Regards

Asb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Guest AmritSinghB said:

I can reassure you I am not anti anyone, just immediately taken back and may have misinterpreted what Jkvlondon had quoted, jkvlondon I apologies for my initial immature sly dig, but after reading your response I hope that the air has now cleared. 

I have had time to assess my dream and to be honest whatever it maybe I know I had lost my way. As everyone we all have to one day face our demons and I believe the fear of the unknown that had been festering and conjuring in my mind over the past 15 months is that of just fear of the unknown. I was scared of the future and scared of what will be. Scared to do anything and believe it or not, I was scared of nothing. 

I have managed to really change my mind set through positive and peaceful thinking as well as listening to several shabads and sitting and listening to the japji Saab a Rehraas this morning and evening. 

All day I have been doing things without thinking and being proactive instead of thinking and saying to myself "I'll do it later". 

I know the dream was only a dream, however to me it conveyed a personal message which I had to decipher. 

I hope this transcends throughout my every day going forward, but for now, baby steps 

Thank you all for for your wise words and explanations. 

Kind Regards

Asb

I went through similar loneliness when my father passed , although everyone said he'd gone home (including avasta wale) I couldn't process that small niggling doubt despite the things I saw and heard the night he died , also on his funeral  . It only came when I hit my lowest point with my in-laws and just rejected everything of life  mentally , I was surrounded by the shabad kirtan that  I had last heard  as a small kid from His LPs like someone had switched on a radio , no one else could hear it , then I realised his message that he was home , that I needed to tend to my sikhi and to not lose hope . Messages come in all forms.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

I went through similar loneliness when my father passed , although everyone said he'd gone home (including avasta wale) I couldn't process that small niggling doubt despite the things I saw and heard the night he died , also on his funeral  . It only came when I hit my lowest point with my in-laws and just rejected everything of life  mentally , I was surrounded by the shabad kirtan that  I had last heard  as a small kid from His LPs like someone had switched on a radio , no one else could hear it , then I realised his message that he was home , that I needed to tend to my sikhi and to not lose hope . Messages come in all forms.

Something similar happened with me too penji. When our grandmother passed away, I heard  some faint music coming from the room that Maharaj ji was in after they left. It was very faint and sounded like a radio like sound. But when going into the room, it still was there, but no sign of where it was coming from and then it stopped. It wasn't outside either, as I opened the window and nothing. Then a month after in conversatio, another family member said the same thing, that a sound came from the room but there was no origin of it, it was a mystery. What does this mean? 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, simran345 said:

Something similar happened with me too penji. When our grandmother passed away, I heard  some faint music coming from the room that Maharaj ji was in after they left. It was very faint and sounded like a radio like sound. But when going into the room, it still was there, but no sign of where it was coming from and then it stopped. It wasn't outside either, as I opened the window and nothing. Then a month after in conversatio, another family member said the same thing, that a sound came from the room but there was no origin of it, it was a mystery. What does this mean? 

when it's kirtan the message is clear , parrvaangi ... and to carry on the sikhi because our bazurg want us to not be hung up on the perceived loss but put our efforts towards achieving our life mission- what bigger sign of love could there be ?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

when it's kirtan the message is clear , parrvaangi ... and to carry on the sikhi because our bazurg want us to not be hung up on the perceived loss but put our efforts towards achieving our life mission- what bigger sign of love could there be ?

Thank you penji, that makes sense. It was a very unique sound, but was hard to make out as it was faint instrumental, but not singing. I remember thinking, wow what instrument is it, but couldn't figure it out. And after that, I felt ok and not to dwell on it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some dreams are very vivid and we remember them for a long time. Sometimes they make sense to us while the dream is going on but as soon as we wake up we feel lost as to what our dream meant.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Loading...



  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Rumour has it Musharraf owns the Ilford towers too : http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pakistan-pm-made-millions-in-uk-1179392.html  
    • Actually you will find that areas like East ham, ilford, seven kings - were Sikh majority areas till the mid  90's . Then when the Pakistanis saw an opening to buy some of (Sikh or white owned) businesses they just spread like wildfire. The same was for southall - till around 1991. Issue there is most of the leases of the shops are in Sikh hands, in east London its practically all Pakistani / Bangladeshi. Some of my rlatives in forest gate were offered straight cash prices for their houses - this is around 1992/3. Fault lies with some of our people - they just saw the financial incentive - now they regret it. Ask your self does a Musallman sell to a non muslim, especially a Sikh ?
    • Pre-emptive war is never a good idea, maybe these aliens could assist us in some way. But if they were going to be the first to discover aliens, many people throughout time have already claimed such things. Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji went to other planets.
    • You are in 7th grade, and expecting what from a crush? You just reached puberty most likely, so almost everything your feeling is probably just hormonal. At your age you'll probably have 100s of crushes by the time your done with your education, you just had your first crush later than most people. In the very best case scenario, she might think you're attractive as well, but if you are going to be having relationships, it won't really help any of you, since this age is hormonal changes.  If in the future she does become your future wife, that will happen then with Guru Sahib making it happen, but for now, focus on something that makes you happy, (and if you can't control your feelings, try not being to close to her). Do your Bhagti and Amrit Velas, some Seva and grow with Guru Sahib. 😇