• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• What about Gurbani? I never said we should change Gurbani, because we can’t. But we can remove Perso-Arabic influences from our vernacular.  And when did I say that we should all begin to speak Hindi and Sanskrit, no that’s a terrible idea. We need to revise Punjabi, and you can call me whatever you like, but I firmly stand by that. Have you forgotten that the very tyrants that killed our Gurus, the Sahibzaades, slaughtered our men, our women, and children, sold our ancestors as slaves, pillaged our land for centuries imposed Perso-Arabic influences onto our language. If we have any ounce of self respect, we should purge those influences from our language.  How am I demoting Punjabi? How am I saying we should stray away from Gurmukhi? In fact if you read any of my other threads you will realize I advocate further development of Gurmukhi and Punjabi. Why are you accusing me of things that I am opposed against in the first place?
    • The Saroop is only similar externally, ideologically there is a world of difference: https://tisarpanthdotcom.wordpress.com/2017/04/01/panj/
    • I began to realize, albeit a bit too late, that there really wasn’t any point in arguing with Jagsaw any further. But I gave the poster some benefit of doubt. But thank you for reassuring me that I wasn’t wrong in my judgment.
    • Kick out Gurwant from the Gurdwara. Do this to every Indian politician unless they prove they deserve otherwise. But for pete's sake what is "ehdi shame shame kro," have a discussion with him, and make him reveal his true colours. 
    • ok duniya for example was used in Gurbani so what then ?...I think Punjabi was selected as it has elements of all parts of society represented and is lok boli ...Tej seems to want to turn revisionist  as the deluded hinduvta folks are doing  ...surely as Sikhs we can be evenhanded and preserve our maa boli without chopping it up into shreds. It is not a major thing if we say odd words here and there , I mean if you were so incensed by the historical insults of mughals then what would you do about hindi /sanskrit as the pushers of those cultural languages have attacked Harmandir Sahib Four times in 70 years, reneged on promises, stolen water, dishonoured our womenfolk and murdered our men ? And now try to demote your language and its Guru-given script as secondary to Thug's languages