i want to pledge 40 days sukhmani sahib but not able to bring myself to it

I know they mock my faith, but what to say to these hindu-atheists, when my own parents sometimes think I believe too much in god.

One day after I got my job, my dad in partly-inebriated state refused that SGGS talks to me and helped me. I went to SGGS again and asked "Oh guru, my father says you didn't help me. Please say yourself" in my ardas and I got gurvaak that day : "Jis ka tan man dhan sab tis ka soi sugadh sujaani, tin hi sunia dukh sukh mera ..."

Miracles do happen . But they happen when you least expect them . And this I say from personal experience.

I don't mind them mocking my faith in my 'deen-dayaal' (merciful to poor) and also don't mind them mocking my 'deen'ta (poverty , of sexuality and social status). 

Trust me, all ridicule is worth it if in the end, your lord comes to rescue you . ! And their ridicule proves, faith in god is a gift in itself.

PS : Whenever I feel down , I look at stories of draupadi (whose honor was saved by her faith in crowd of dushts) , bibi rajni (married to leper), bhagat prahlaad, bhagat dhroo. Such saakhis give immense peace , even if temporarily.

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
11 minutes ago, pardesanbibbi2 said:

Look, why can't you be yourself, instead of drawing so much attention to yourself?  I am sure there is a very huge gay community out there you can open your heart to whenever you feel desperate.  I am 100 per cent positive that you are not the only gay man in this world!  So, stop drawing so much attention to yourself, it is not very nurturing for your well being.  You are gay and not some criminal! Stop feeling sorry for yourself. Self pity is not good for our mental and physical health.  You are an ordinary human being who happens to be gay, nothing wrong with you! Stop acting like some sort of pariah you are not!  Tell your parents about your status.  They are grown ups they should have the ability to deal with it and stop forcing you to get married!  I can't believe I am living in the twenty first century and reading all this!  It is unbelievable!

Your tone is very insensitive ! 

From which country do you belong ? I am from india and here, a gay man IS a pariah ! and so are lesbians and transgenders ! 

Century depends on where you live . India is still in 1800's and middle east in middle ages ! And as always, its always easy to belittle someone else's problem. :/ 

1 hour ago, pardesanbibbi2 said:

Look, why can't you be yourself, instead of drawing so much attention to yourself?  I am sure there is a very huge gay community out there you can open your heart to whenever you feel desperate.  I am 100 per cent positive that you are not the only gay man in this world!  So, stop drawing so much attention to yourself, it is not very nurturing for your well being.  You are gay and not some criminal! Stop feeling sorry for yourself. Self pity is not good for our mental and physical health.  You are an ordinary human being who happens to be gay, nothing wrong with you! Stop acting like some sort of pariah you are not!  Tell your parents about your status.  They are grown ups they should have the ability to deal with it and stop forcing you to get married!  I can't believe I am living in the twenty first century and reading all this!  It is unbelievable!

Even if Ajeet paji was from Canada, USA, Australia, or UK, his parents would still have the same view. It would take them a while to get round to the idea of him being gay, because that's just how people from Punjabi community are. It will still be the same, apart from his work colleagues. 

Its not easy for him, so belittling him by saying he's feeling sorry for himself isn't a good thing. That's not very understanding and very insensitive. Until one is in another person's shoes, they have no idea what they go through. He's sharing his problems to get help not to be told to get on with it. Please understand, it's not that easy. 

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi

With Guru sahib's kirpa, I have made it to 8 days of sukhmani sahib paath. I am beginning to memorize some parts of it automatically. 

But it takes longer for me now to complete paath. Earlier I used to rush and complete in 1 hour, now I take pauses when tired, and so it takes me more time.