singhbj singh

Sikh Band wins Grammy for Best New Age Album

18 posts in this topic

Good stuff! ..   respect to these guys for their efforts.  

2 people like this

2 hours ago, JUSTAJATT said:

Good stuff! ..   respect to these guys for their efforts.  

sikh channel seem to be running a character assasination of brown sikhs lately ...they gave the news about this NEW AGE music group Yoga background LP winning an award and added something along the lines that they are better sikhs because of this ...WTH? then you got others chiming in to say yep gorey sikhs are more holy, better sikhs than desi ones . Sorry but the lack of self-worth and brainwashedness is embarassing . Many sikhs of every hue are better sikhs of the past , present and future  than these dress-up guys who believe all desi sikhs are impure , ignorant , that believe Yogi Harbahajan's interpretations of sikhi (milgoba of new age, yoga, sikhi) rather than the actual Gurbani. Many dress in bana but have not had Amrit , carry on suspect behaviour (tantric yoga vids, hom havan rituals, bhut pooja) and yet claim sikhi e.g. Leo di Caprio's stepmum. 

Frankly I suspect that the main reason they did so well was who was backing them (South park music director) , otherwise there are thousands of Gursikhs producing massive output of high quality which also people appreciate but never get awards except in India perhaps 

Stop putting people on pedestals just of their colour , even just because of their worldy achievements that is nothing compared to achieving in the dharmic field : sewa, simran and Kirtan.

2 people like this

7 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

Stop putting people on pedestals just of their colour , even just because of their worldy achievements that is nothing compared to achieving in the dharmic field : sewa, simran and Kirtan.

you guys should stop making your own judgements. They are nothing but manmat. Everytime you see a gora, you immediately start to differentiate. so, think about it, you are the one's being predjudice.  As soon as you notice black from white and make a line inbetween it, then you've done nothing about what sikhi tells you.

3 hours ago, JUSTAJATT said:

you guys should stop making your own judgements. They are nothing but manmat. Everytime you see a gora, you immediately start to differentiate. so, think about it, you are the one's being predjudice.  As soon as you notice black from white and make a line inbetween it, then you've done nothing about what sikhi tells you.

mate I'm married to a gora , and I do not think that a skin colour indicates sikhi or a costume ... it is actions alone ... show me when and if these people have had shown up for the panth... if you ask them to correct mispronounciation of bani to keep satkar they get upset instead of saying Ok Satbachan I'll try better.

1 person likes this

Why do some of our people have an inferiority complex to Goras? Is it the ones fresh-of-the-boat or actual people born in the west with this deficiency?

3 people like this

19 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Why do some of our people have an inferiority complex to Goras? Is it the ones fresh-of-the-boat or actual people born in the west with this deficiency?

Well look at our own cultural attitudes to race. The prevailing line of thought in India and the Punjab is that the fairer your skin is, the more beautiful you are, the purer is your bloodline, and the greater your worth as a person.  This masochistic malarkey has a historical precedent reaching back milennia, and is intimately bound to the Hindu caste system, which Sikhs also haven't managed to shake off. So when men with genuinely white skin appeared on the scene in medieval India, of course the natives were awed by them, and immediately put them on top of a pedestal in their empty little heads. 

As for the Sikhs' particular love-affair with Anglo-Saxon people, it goes back to the mid 1800s and the implementation of 'martial-race' theory. Our people have never been lacking in vanity and simple-mindedness, thus when the English imperialists placed us firmly at the upper end of an Indian racial hierarchy, we were flattered as a collective. Not only that, it seems we were so grateful for this thumbs up from the people whom we perceived as our racial superiors - by virtue of their white skin - that we became their number one rentboys in the whole of the subcontinent. We stuffed ourselves into their army in disproportionate quantities to die for them in their wars, and even travelled to distant parts of their empire to supress other 'inferior' colored peoples on their behalf (Sikh policemen in Shanghai became infamous and despised for their brutality towards locals). All this because they essentially gave us a pat on the head. 

And this legacy of servility and exploitation is paraded around by Sikhs today as a wonderful thing? It's sick in my opinion. The Indian Sikhs are pretty bad in this respect, but the diaspora Sikhs, particularly we in the United Kingdom, are much worse. 

Edited by Balkaar

19 hours ago, Balkaar said:

Well look at our own cultural attitudes to race. The prevailing line of thought in India and the Punjab is that the fairer your skin is, the more beautiful you are, the purer is your bloodline, and the greater your worth as a person.  This masochistic malarkey has a historical precedent reaching back milennia, and is intimately bound to the Hindu caste system, which Sikhs also haven't managed to shake off. So when men with genuinely white skin appeared on the scene in medieval India, of course the natives were awed by them, and immediately put them on top of a pedestal in their empty little heads. 

As for the Sikhs' particular love-affair with Anglo-Saxon people, it goes back to the mid 1800s and the implementation of 'martial-race' theory. Our people have never been lacking in vanity and simple-mindedness, thus when the English imperialists placed us firmly at the upper end of an Indian racial hierarchy, we were flattered as a collective. Not only that, it seems we were so grateful for this thumbs up from the people whom we perceived as our racial superiors - by virtue of their white skin - that we became their number one rentboys in the whole of the subcontinent. We stuffed ourselves into their army in disproportionate quantities to die for them in their wars, and even travelled to distant parts of their empire to supress other 'inferior' colored peoples on their behalf (Sikh policemen in Shanghai became infamous and despised for their brutality towards locals). All this because they essentially gave us a pat on the head. 

And this legacy of servility and exploitation is paraded around by Sikhs today as a wonderful thing? It's sick in my opinion. The Indian Sikhs are pretty bad in this respect, but the diaspora Sikhs, particularly we in the United Kingdom, are much worse. 

I'm considered Diaspora, yet I've never felt some inferiority to Anglos or other whites. As far as I'm concerned they are just people like everyone else.

1 hour ago, Jacfsing2 said:

I'm considered Diaspora, yet I've never felt some inferiority to Anglos or other whites. As far as I'm concerned they are just people like everyone else.

As with most things, there are exceptions. But the majority of diaspora Sikhs and their representatives use this bit of their history as a political crutch very often - look no further than all the lump-in-throat recollections of Sikh involvement in the world wars. 

Edited by Balkaar

having read so many plaudits claiming that this CD was bringing a glow to the sikh faith , invoking something ancient, bringing 500 years old shabads to the public in a 21st century form  I thought let's see:

Having visited their own website to see the promos it seems  there is lots of gorey support and yogi support not so much presence of desi or sikh comments.

in places it is hard to make out what's being said , and one wonders if they are just claiming gurbani label when it is just one or two phrases joined with made up words like ikam ardas :

Chotti bhen ji Isher is sitting here and she is reacting badly to it , I told her it's kirtan and she was adamant I don't like it ...now this girl will happily listen to Rara Sahib style, Akj style, Raag kirtan on vaaja as well as tanti saaz, and other forms of kirtan including accapella and guitar based . guess it isn't hitting the spot ... 

Edited by jkvlondon

3 hours ago, Balkaar said:

As with most things, there are exceptions. But the majority of diaspora Sikhs and their representatives use this bit of their history as a political crutch very often - look no further than all the lump-in-throat recollections of Sikh involvement in the world wars. 

Bharat, (no place called India existed), was a place where people despite not knowing the truth from pre-1469 were still trying to do Bhagti in ways they felt were right; however, these 3HOers despite knowing the truth still practice outdated false spirituality. Which is why I give more respect to Non-Sikhs who despite not knowing the truth, genuinely want to become better and make humanity and society and more gracious place to live. We got our Ravidas's and Kabir's; while they have people like Snatam Ghadar.

The fact that this gora 3H0 afflicted Sikh group won the "new age" category shows they them up for being New age hippy's and not Sikh ideologically driven and motivated. However to their credit I must admit I prefer these groups Sikh related music than most so called Sikh music created by Punjabi raagi's who have no musical talent but just want fame and fortune because they couldnt get other jobs.

inferiority complex to gora's started with the caste system of the brahmin hindu's. So the more castist you are ie you believe in marrying into your own so called caste then you are part of the problem and not the solution. Alot of Jatt and tharkhan/ramgharia/chumar families practice the anti-sikh filth of castism and thus it allows the inferiority complex to grow amoung them often their daughters marry non-sikh goray thinking they are superior to their own people and culture. Most gora readily admit they are superior in terms of most of them living in the "first world" they look down on "3rd worlders" overlooking the fact their forefathers stole, looted precious resources, raped and genocided the 3rd world nations of other non-white people  hence why they are in a more privileged position in the world.

Back in the days of the Sikh empire the white European travelers used to be so jealous and marveled at how this brown skinned punjabi nation of Sikhs were so advanced and had such a strong military power that they dare not mess with unless they wanted to be destroyed. But because of our own punjabi people plotting against each other and helping the enemy to come to their aid and divide us. Then the enemy was able to subjugated our nation and other rich brown indigenous peoples throughout the world by such actions. Divide and rule is as old as civilization itself and it works

The way around this inferiority and superiority complex is not to judge the person by their colour or caste. And neither is it to praise one race over another... the solution around this is check how close the person if following Sikhi. How much they are contributing to spreading of Sikhi....and sikh values.

1 person likes this

what do people think about the fact that the raag has been stripped from the shabad and replaced by enya style vocalisations with pauses in strange places ? Is this making it harder to understand the whole pangti and thus message which bad raag renditions (egotistical) do? Do you feel this kind of anglicising the Gurbani  is a little too disrespectful ,kind of saying ' you've got no idea how to do things we'll show you' . I've heard hiphop Jaap Sahib and other things but they have tried to elevate the understanding/memorising of the bani not highlighting the person singing above it . But th.is seems more of the latter than the first 

Hmm ...

Edited by jkvlondon

3 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

I'm not the only one to have noticed the dodgy framing of this issue 

https://naujawani.com/blog/why-such-disregard-for-punjabi-sikhs

That's a good article, I think alot of Punjabi Sikhs with inferiority complexes who hold up "gore Sikhs" as some kinda romantised beacon of perfection of Guru's Sikhi are sadly mistaken. From the social media accounts I have come across, very few "Gore" and "kalay" Sikhs are following mainstream Sikhi. Most of them are into the new age horoscopes hippy occultism that takes inspiration from brahminwad hinduism and black magic jewish kalabah.

Question we need to ask is, why is it so hard for these 3HO type Sikhs to follow proper Sikhi? Surely it cant be that hard.

3 hours ago, genie said:

That's a good article, I think alot of Punjabi Sikhs with inferiority complexes who hold up "gore Sikhs" as some kinda romantised beacon of perfection of Guru's Sikhi are sadly mistaken. From the social media accounts I have come across, very few "Gore" and "kalay" Sikhs are following mainstream Sikhi. Most of them are into the new age horoscopes hippy occultism that takes inspiration from brahminwad hinduism and black magic jewish kalabah.

Question we need to ask is, why is it so hard for these 3HO type Sikhs to follow proper Sikhi? Surely it cant be that hard.

Harder to make money from pure Sikhi that's for sure... I mean 3HO old guard were in on all the rackets that the 'Siri Sahib' blessed including fraud , arms deals, fleecing sangat's daswand including the vicharey gorey lower downs who worked like dogs for the pittance wages and put their daswand together and using it to have slap up meals at top restaurants and buy jewellery

1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

Harder to make money from pure Sikhi that's for sure... I mean 3HO old guard were in on all the rackets that the 'Siri Sahib' blessed including fraud , arms deals, fleecing sangat's daswand including the vicharey gorey lower downs who worked like dogs for the pittance wages and put their daswand together and using it to have slap up meals at top restaurants and buy jewellery

One of the most authentic white "gora" Sikhs around, gursant singh, who actually adheres to mainstream Sikhi exposed 3H0 types and their weird practices in many posts and youtune videos like the one below.

1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

Also they are very adamant that Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji is not Vaheguru's Sargun form, yet they worship Hindu Gods like they are some messiah or something. Something every true and real Sikh Jatha puts as a foundation stone; they completely ignore, (note the other 2 groups to also disbelieve in this are Missionaries and the Lost-Sikhs).