Jump to content
Guest Singh

Beadbi at UK Gurdwara by Muslim attacking Maharaj

Recommended Posts

Guest Singh   
Guest Singh

Dear Sangat Ji,

A Muslim attacker proclaiming Muhammad Rasool Allah has today attacked Sangat and angs of Maharaj at a Gurdwara in London UK.

The Muslim attacker tore angs of Guru Sahib and attacked Sangat.

Fortunately the Muslim attacker was caught by brave Singhs and handed over to Police who arrested him.

Whole incident was caught on Camera and the Muslim attacker wore shoes and burned torn angs of Maharaj with the lighted cigarette he came in smoking with.

Message to Sangat please increase security at your local Gurdwara!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jkvlondon    3,419

I read about this on FB yesterday it was at woolwich Gurdwara but the report falsely said it was apna who did it ... Please for God's sake don't give this scumbag the mental health excuse because he knew what he was doing ... I hope they throw the book at him instead of saying chalo koi gall nahin vechare da dimag vich pharak si and dropping charges . Send the message that this will not be tolerated . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jkvlondon    3,419
57 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

How the eff did he get as far as burning angs?!? Was the Gurdwara empty?

'Jattan' da gurdwara is in an old Church building where the diwan is in the Church and the langar is in an attached building, most times the diwan hall is quiet especially midweek , he was apparently tackled by a member of sangat so I'm guessing that Guru ji was not totally alone but minimal sangat presence was there, most sangat is older generation .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dallysingh101    1,582

It's been said before, until we get serious about protecting Gurdwaras, these things are inevitable in my opinion. They'll increase when tensions between communities get worse. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Update   
Guest Update

The word going around is that the Dhesi group and Damdami Taksal followers trying to infiltrate the Gurdwara may actually have paid this individual to do Beadbi.

The Gurdwara is famous locally for its inclusive committee and Sangat which includes Gursikhs of all biraderi backgrounds unlike the other Gurdwara in Woolwich which restricts membership only to those whose both parents are declared to be from a certain caste. A lot of the Gursikh families from Ramgarhia Temple have left it as a result to join the united Sangat Gurdwara in Woolwich on Calderwood Street

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
S4NGH    541
On 09/02/2017 at 0:59 PM, jkvlondon said:

'Jattan' da gurdwara is in an old Church building where the diwan is in the Church and the langar is in an attached building, most times the diwan hall is quiet especially midweek , he was apparently tackled by a member of sangat so I'm guessing that Guru ji was not totally alone but minimal sangat presence was there, most sangat is older generation .

What does this have to do with jatt? Smh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jkvlondon    3,419
2 hours ago, S4NGH said:

What does this have to do with jatt? Smh

there are two Gurdwarey in woolwich , the original one was a Ramgarhia Sikh Association (I used go as a kid from hackney) then the Jatts being so proud bought the church to do up as a seperate gurdwara thus the colloquial reference ...I don't believe in all that jatt nonsense . BTW Woolwich have a problem with bazurg and gurdwarey being attacked ... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest United (not Jatt)   
Guest United (not Jatt)

There is some unfortunate misinformation being put out there regarding the Woolwich (United) Gurdwara on Calderwood Street.

Calderwood Street Gurdwara was created by Sangat from various different backgrounds (Jatt, Chamar, Saini, Tarkhan, Julaha, Khatri, Arora, Brahmin, Rajput etc) in response to Ramgarhia Woolwich not allowing those from a non-carpenter background to become a member of Ramgarhia Woolwich Gurdwara. All Amritdhari Singh's from a Tarkhan background left Ramgarhia Woolwich to become members of the new united Gurdwara when it was formed on Calderwood Street.

It is factually incorrect to falsely claim that Calderwood Street Gurdwara must be a so-called Jatt one just because the Ramgarhia Gurdwara discriminated against people.

How would JKV explain the fact that the trustees of the united Woolwich Gurdwara are Mr Saini, Mr Dhillon, Mr Malik according to her false claim of the Gurdwara being a supposedly so-called Jatt one.

Benti that incorrect info by JKV above should be edited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest United (not Jatt)   
Guest United (not Jatt)

Correction to the above post:

 

Mr Kalsi is one of the trustees of Calderwood Street united Gurdwara (not Mr Malik as per auto spelling correct)!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jkvlondon    3,419
34 minutes ago, Guest United (not Jatt) said:

There is some unfortunate misinformation being put out there regarding the Woolwich (United) Gurdwara on Calderwood Street.

Calderwood Street Gurdwara was created by Sangat from various different backgrounds (Jatt, Chamar, Saini, Tarkhan, Julaha, Khatri, Arora, Brahmin, Rajput etc) in response to Ramgarhia Woolwich not allowing those from a non-carpenter background to become a member of Ramgarhia Woolwich Gurdwara. All Amritdhari Singh's from a Tarkhan background left Ramgarhia Woolwich to become members of the new united Gurdwara when it was formed on Calderwood Street.

It is factually incorrect to falsely claim that Calderwood Street Gurdwara must be a so-called Jatt one just because the Ramgarhia Gurdwara discriminated against people.

How would JKV explain the fact that the trustees of the united Woolwich Gurdwara are Mr Saini, Mr Dhillon, Mr Malik according to her false claim of the Gurdwara being a supposedly so-called Jatt one.

Benti that incorrect info by JKV above should be edited.

OK My family and my cousin's family , Mum's cousins parivars used to go , this was when I was a little one , I even did langar sewa on the inaugaral day at Calderwood ...And the thing about jatts was my folks' observations and my noticing the main families that switched ... sorry if it is not full disclosure but I was hardly of an age to become a member myself and I was not there for politics . We are from a Jatt background as were a major group of the sangat that switched , yes there were some tarkans as far as my Mum mentioned once or twice . But I have love for both Gurdwarey as they are part of my childhood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest UnitedWoolwichSangat   
Guest UnitedWoolwichSangat

Thank you JKVLondon Ji for accepting that Woolwich Sikh Temple (Calderwood Street) are a united Sangat comprised of an open membership of all backgrounds.

Mr Kalsi, trustee of Calderwood Street, was one of the chief Singhs who exposed the Ramgarhia Gurdwara's constitution barring non-carpenter Sikhs from becoming members there. 

As a consequence the united Sangat Gurdwara on Calderwood Street has 1,000 members of all backgrounds and has pictures of Baba Deep Singh and great Shaheeds in our itihaas. Whereas in 1984 the Ramgarhia Gurdwara had a picture of Giani Zail Singh in the entrance lobby.

All Amritdhari Kenyan families are with Calderwood Street Gurdwara and there is no meat sharaab in the langar hall.

It would be good if wider Sangat can show support to the united Sangat Woolwich Gurdwara on Calderwood Street by attending. The larger the Sangat on any given day the less chance of Beadbi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sikhni777    551
On 13/02/2017 at 1:12 AM, Guest UnitedWoolwichSangat said:

Thank you JKVLondon Ji for accepting that Woolwich Sikh Temple (Calderwood Street) are a united Sangat comprised of an open membership of all backgrounds.

Mr Kalsi, trustee of Calderwood Street, was one of the chief Singhs who exposed the Ramgarhia Gurdwara's constitution barring non-carpenter Sikhs from becoming members there. 

As a consequence the united Sangat Gurdwara on Calderwood Street has 1,000 members of all backgrounds and has pictures of Baba Deep Singh and great Shaheeds in our itihaas. Whereas in 1984 the Ramgarhia Gurdwara had a picture of Giani Zail Singh in the entrance lobby.

All Amritdhari Kenyan families are with Calderwood Street Gurdwara and there is no meat sharaab in the langar hall.

It would be good if wider Sangat can show support to the united Sangat Woolwich Gurdwara on Calderwood Street by attending. The larger the Sangat on any given day the less chance of Beadbi.

I think every Guradwara should invest in a Sikh security personnel. Normal people are not well equipped to deal with these types of attackers. Else normal youth should be given the duty to keep watch on any suspicious characters entering. In this case, if someone had been watching they would have noticed the person has not removed his shoes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
genie    1,109
On 08/02/2017 at 3:31 PM, Guest Singh said:

Dear Sangat Ji,

A Muslim attacker proclaiming Muhammad Rasool Allah has today attacked Sangat and angs of Maharaj at a Gurdwara in London UK.

The Muslim attacker tore angs of Guru Sahib and attacked Sangat.

Fortunately the Muslim attacker was caught by brave Singhs and handed over to Police who arrested him.

Whole incident was caught on Camera and the Muslim attacker wore shoes and burned torn angs of Maharaj with the lighted cigarette he came in smoking with.

Message to Sangat please increase security at your local Gurdwara!

 

 

 

Wait how do you know he is a muslim? Wheres your evidence and source?

"Muhammad Rasool Allah" sounds like a made up name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Very nice post. 
    • Where in his Bani or his writings does Guru Gobind Singh give any indication of having that motive for helping Bahadur shah? You should not impose your own motives/agenda on Guru Sahib and assume that you speak for him, particularly when there is zero scriptural evidence for your position. Neither is there any historical evidence that I'm aware of - the histories say that Guru Sahib's motivation for allying with him was the condition that non-Muslims would be treated fairly under his regime. So, I ask you, how do you know that was Guru Sahib's motive for helping Bahadur Shah?     
    • The Dogras were the most immediate cause of the empire's downfall, but the fundamental cause for the collapse of the Sikh Kingdom was Ranjit Singh's fatal decision to make himself king of the Sikhs and replace the Khalsa's republicanism (Sarbat Khalsa, Gurmatta, Jathedari) with a system of absolutist monarchy which centralized all power in his hands - this had no place in a 'Sikh' nation. His miscalculation ensured that the kingdom would all but fall apart his death and be vulnerable to vultures, particularly in light of the uselessness of his heirs.  I disagree veerji. This Sikh kingdom would never have become as powerful as it did if not for non-Sikhs. The Sikh Empire was so successful while Ranjit Singh was alive precisely because he managed to integrate and secure the loyalty of the Punjabi musalman who constituted most of his subjects - and thereby ensured economic productivity and public order. The Khalsa army of the Lahore durbar was also not just made up of Sikhs - all cavalry were Sikh, but virtually the whole of the artillery was Muslim, as was a significant portion of the infantry of the regular army (included Pathans, Punjabi Muslims and Gurkhas). Secondly if not for the induction of non-Sikh European officers into the Sikh army, it would never have relinquished its fixation with irregular cavalry or its revulsion at the idea of infantry. Without the innovations of these non-Sikhs, therefore, the Fauj would never have advanced to first rank among the armies of Asia. An army composed entirely of cavalry is fine when you're fighting a guerilla war, not so much when you're building and defending an empire against men with guns and artillery.  Furthermore not all non-Sikhs in the kingdom were disloyal to the durbar, and not all Sikhs were loyal. The Muslims of Punjab routinely resisted the calls of the Afghans (and later, the mutineers of 1857) to join them in jihad against the infidel Sikhs. The Fakir brothers (Muslims) were loyal to Ranjit Singh's memory to the last, as were several of the other Hindu Dogra generals of the Khalsa army (Dogras are a race, not a family. It was one family of Dogras in particular which caused most of the trouble). And while there were good, loyal Sikh nobles such as the Attariwalas and the Nakkais, there were many more who were fickle and treacherous.  Rani Jindaan was notoriously corrupt , as were the Sandhawalias, who murdered Sher Singh, the only successor of Ranjit Singh with even a shred of competence, by blowing him to pieces with a shotgun. I think your stance is way too absolute bro.   An empire is by definition multicultural and cosmopolitan. The Vatican is not the most apt comparison here (It is a country in name only).   
    • The passage reads: Vol I, Life of Guru Nanak, p51
    •   This is indeed a good post.     
×