Scary demographics change of punjab

On 04/02/2017 at 8:53 AM, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Many say migration to foreign countries is to blame , but we just see lesser and lesser turbans in punjab every day. Even in the holy city of amritsar , one sees lesser proportions of turbaned youths . Recently inaugurated IIM at Amritsar offers a scarier picture on its official website. The batch picture of students shows most appear to be non-sikh students with shorn hair.

In a batch pic of some 50 students, I didn't see more than 2 turbans . Rest all boys were shorned hair. Are they kids of migrants from UP, bihar ? don't know 

Sikhs fell from 61% share of punjab demography in 2001 to 57% in 2011 survey.

If the trend continues, the day is not far when sikhs will become a minority in their own state and hindutva brigade will have a field day .

On 04/02/2017 at 8:53 AM, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Many say migration to foreign countries is to blame , but we just see lesser and lesser turbans in punjab every day. Even in the holy city of amritsar , one sees lesser proportions of turbaned youths . Recently inaugurated IIM at Amritsar offers a scarier picture on its official website. The batch picture of students shows most appear to be non-sikh students with shorn hair.

In a batch pic of some 50 students, I didn't see more than 2 turbans . Rest all boys were shorned hair. Are they kids of migrants from UP, bihar ? don't know 

Sikhs fell from 61% share of punjab demography in 2001 to 57% in 2011 survey.

If the trend continues, the day is not far when sikhs will become a minority in their own state and hindutva brigade will have a field day .

In regards to Punjabis and kesh. For some reason they seem to be very weak in their faith, ethics, principles in Punjab. Even the dastaar wearing sardars that come to the UK , Canada , America, etc...The first thing they do is go and get their hair cut.

13 minutes ago, Cisco_Singh said:

In regards to Punjabis and kesh. For some reason they seem to be very weak in their faith, ethics, principles in Punjab. Even the dastaar wearing sardars that come to the UK , Canada , America, etc...The first thing they do is go and get their hair cut.

From my observation, I would say its mostly about upbringing. Punjabi Sikh parents don't know anything about religion and even if they do , they're too ignorant to teach their kids . 

You know in  muslim household, they circumcise their sons when they're small. The child protests and cries loud when he becomes aware of what they're doing to him, but they still cut the skin off ! now the funny thing is when the kid grows up, marries and has a son of his own , he does it to his own son ! 

This is the reason why most muslims are religious. Now, circumcision is a barbaric thing, no doubt ! I am not promoting that perversion , but just an example of what we see.

Another example, to celebrate martyrdom of hussain, shia muslims themselves hurt themselves and sometimes their kids with knives . But celebrating shahidi of Guru Arjan, we don't sit on hot plates , we drink cold drinks and distribute to others as shabeel ! So much love from our guru, we're spoilt .

Their parents make sure to pass on their religiosity onto their kids. But, unfortunately sikh parents don't have religiosity. So what do we pass ? Saade aap de kol hi nai, assi bacheya nu ki dena ?!!

Sikhi is very gentle in comparison. How many Sikhs do you see who still have Singh and Kaur in their names ? The surnames indicating "great descent" like bedi, sodhi, sandhu, lodhi, etc are more precious to us than the so-called generic singh and kaur !

I keep coming across sikhs who don't have singh in their first names . Too much hassle I guess !?

Most don't know names of ten gurus if you ask them , even the most basic of sikh history or gurbani ! and those who do know they're stuck in ego and taunting others who don't know ! 

The pradhaan of our gurudwara has set a brilliant example ! He himself is a gursikh and his 2 sons are kesadhari , recently few years back they too took amrit . Since childhood, we would go to gurudwara, attend gurmukhi classes, and alongside we learned sikh history. It gave us some anchor. Nowadays I see concept of sikhi camps, I think it needs to be done much more ! 

When I meet people and tell them I don't drink or eat chicken, they ask me what kind of sardar I am ! lol .. we seriously need to introspect . 

This is just my bit of advice . 

Yesterday the giani ji touched on many similar points in his katha which took an hour. Summarized here they are:

1. The Christians had one shaheed Christ and all Christians wear the cross around their necks. We have chaar sahibzadhe, Guru Arjun Dev ji, Guru Tegh Bahadhur Ji and many others... we do not even tell our children about them. However we surely tell them about the pind and our background in India.

2. Giani Jis mother and father woke him up in his younger days as a child by reciting Waheguru .... what is wrong with the mothers of these days. Think about what tune you wake up to and what you wake up your children with.

3. When we are preparing on a journey to go anywhere, or for a wedding - our preparations take a whole month sometimes. So why do we just get up and walk to the Guradwara in a very unhappy mood... sad because we have to sit there for some hour or so? 

4. These days parcharaks can travel on aeroplanes, taxis, cars etc, however think about how Guru Nanak Dev ji must have travelled on foot. There were no wells, no rest houses, hotels etc in those days. Guru Nanak Dev Ji travelled around the world in chaar udasiya to spread the word of God, to give to us shabads which we never even bother to read. We should be ashamed of ourselves to still call ourselves a Sikh of Guru Ji when we don't even bother to read what he has given us.

5. If a student registered in a college and paid all the building funds, paid the teachers etc, but never bothered to read his books - will he ever pass his test. This is our state today. We have never bothered to read our Guru Granth Sahib Ji ... so who is to blame. It is sufficient for us to say we bowed before Guru Ji ... however asked one question or one shabad we have no answer. What are we so busy doing ? 

23 hours ago, Cisco_Singh said:

Yeah and the first thing they say is how else we going to get jobs out here .... My Dad didn't use that excuse back in the early sixties and stayed sabat soorat and succeeded but try pointing the Singhs out there being true to their sikh roots and aceing their careers and they'll still whitter on the same . The true way to sort out the problems of Punjab is to do parchaar outside Punjab and get more people to embrace sikhi then more people will want to save the land of their faith...even move there bringing diversity and strength back into the panth. I wouldn't mind having lessons in keralite martial arts from a keralite gursikh 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
On 06/02/2017 at 4:32 PM, jkvlondon said:

Yeah and the first thing they say is how else we going to get jobs out here .... My Dad didn't use that excuse back in the early sixties and stayed sabat soorat and succeeded but try pointing the Singhs out there being true to their sikh roots and aceing their careers and they'll still whitter on the same . The true way to sort out the problems of Punjab is to do parchaar outside Punjab and get more people to embrace sikhi then more people will want to save the land of their faith...even move there bringing diversity and strength back into the panth. I wouldn't mind having lessons in keralite martial arts from a keralite gursikh 

Our punjabis aren't willing to accept bihari sikhs from Patna sahib, then kerala is a distant region ! lol .

Unless sikhs desert punjabi mentality, we will have a tough time being true to our faith ! and our decline shall continue ! :/ 

Buddhism survived when a handful of buddhists dared to step outside india and preach to kings of china who then slowly started patronizing it. The lie bought in by sikhs today is we don't proselytize . Heck , we do ! our gurus did !