what is the "simran" mentioned in first ashtpadi of sri sukhmani sahib and how to do it?

I know some people will think i ask a no-brainer question. Everyone knows what simran is. Or do we know? 

I wish to start each day of mine now with simran at amritvela. This is the best thing one can do and its merits are eulogized again and again in sggs. 

But some say simran is reciting waheguru, waheguru. Others will say just parroting isnt enough.you have to listen deeply. Yet others say they focus ob third eye in trikuti when meditating. Yet some others say simran is not physical but more mental, simply remembering waheguru at all times. 

Whatever simran maybe in true sense, its more powerful than all nuclear bombs. 

Guru sahib even goes to say that one can't describe the "gati" of one who believes this way. 

To see the wonders of simran go no further than ashtpadi one of sukhmani sahib. This wonderful baani in its first octet describes the wonders and fruits of naam simran , 8 nidhi,  18 siddhi, etc. I wonder why so many who claim to do naam simran don't get them. ?

Guest Jacfsing2
6 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

I know some people will think i ask a no-brainer question. Everyone knows what simran is. Or do we know? 

I wish to start each day of mine now with simran at amritvela. This is the best thing one can do and its merits are eulogized again and again in sggs. 

But some say simran is reciting waheguru, waheguru. Others will say just parroting isnt enough.you have to listen deeply. Yet others say they focus ob third eye in trikuti when meditating. Yet some others say simran is not physical but more mental, simply remembering waheguru at all times. 

Guru sahib even goes to say that one can't describe the "gati" of one who believes this way. 

To see the wonders of simran go no further than ashtpadi one of sukhmani sahib. This wonderful baani in its first octet describes the wonders and fruits of naam simran , 8 nidhi,  18 siddhi, etc. I wonder why so many who claim to do naam simran don't get them. ?

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh! Simran is remembering Vaheguru; Jaap is chanting the Gurmantar; you can not do Simran without first Jaap of the Gurmantar. It's better to do something than nothing; just to help out just start Jaaping the Naam.

5 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

describes the wonders and fruits of naam simran , 8 nidhi,  18 siddhi, etc. I wonder why so many who claim to do naam simran don't get them. ?

I wanted to answer this separately; the power of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji's hand on your head is stronger than any riddhi siddhi powers. Because of his love; we don't need even the greatest magics, you don't need to have Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji to have powers, (in fact you don't even have to know he exists), but that all is nothing compared to the love Gurmukhs have when the wake-up at Amrit Vela and chant the Gurmantar. Everything about our way is Gur-prassad.

• 1 month later...

There are some techniques to actual simran, one's life needs to be attune to the Guru and one needs to understand the inherent value of simran which comes through the Guru. These three things must happen simultaneously.

Some jatha walas worship their founder leaders on the basis of ridhi-sidhi. They claim that these things are testament to the fact that their chap (yes, invariably a man) has done everything right so copy his one low life and forget about the Guru's 10 pure lives. One such greatly worshipped man (now deceased) taught his followers that until and unless they experience this great powers, they aren't doing it right. Sadly he was mistaken: These ridha-sidha are entirely irrelevant. Your mind being washed of its filth is a prize, power and award that only the greatest bhagti can get, for even the ridhi-sidhi so called mahapurakh hasn't been able to conquer his own houmai. Going from being conceited and angry to seeing God in all directions is the Guru's true gift. This is the most basic of truths that the Guru tells.

Do a true ardaas and the Guru will oblige.

waheguru ki ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

• 1 month later...

What does Guroo jee say about what to focus on when doing simran? 

Answer: Dhun meh Dhyaan, dhyaan meh jaaniaa 

your voice should produce the sound ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ and your ears should listen

as a beautiful Gurmukh pyaara once told me, keep your eyes closed and your ears open listening to the simran: upon doing this daas gained a lot more out of daily abhyaas than I had ever gained before!

for those who have it written in their karam, ridhiya sidhiya come, however it's very important not to even test these powers, as it is a sure fire way to destroy your Sikhi, those Gurmukhs who do possess such powers never use them no matter how many times the temptation arises

On 2017-2-3 at 6:04 AM, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

True naam simran is done by a select few lol. As for Ridhi Sidhis they're more common than you think lol. Many people in india do seem to possess them, however they end up corrupted by them. I know of a couple of people who have certain gifts like this. 

1 hour ago, AjaipalSingh said:

What does Guroo jee say about what to focus on when doing simran? 

Answer: Dhun meh Dhyaan, dhyaan meh jaaniaa 

your voice should produce the sound ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ and your ears should listen

as a beautiful Gurmukh pyaara once told me, keep your eyes closed and your ears open listening to the simran: upon doing this daas gained a lot more out of daily abhyaas than I had ever gained before!

for those who have it written in their karam, ridhiya sidhiya come, however it's very important not to even test these powers, as it is a sure fire way to destroy your Sikhi, those Gurmukhs who do possess such powers never use them no matter how many times the temptation arises

From what I know they do use the powers but only when the Hukam demands it. They never use it for any personal gain and only to help others. Even when they do use their powers to help others they do it in secrecy and they never use to wow and impress others. Being like Rama, Krishna, Jesus all possessed these wondrous gifts because they were spiritually so wise and powerful but even they got corrupted demonstrating them. These powers naturally rush to true Brahmgyanis and our Gurus themselves had infinite power. Heck even Death and disease were so afraid of Guru Amar Das Ji they never dared enter Khadur Sahib while Guru Sahib was residing there. Not a single man, woman or child died or fell ill while Guru Sahib was there. 

• 2 weeks later...

What is the "simran" mentioned in first ashtpadi of sri sukhmani sahib and how to do it?

Among the meanings of Simran, are repetition of a mantar, or remeberance of someone or something.

And when we do His simran, both come together hand by hand.

Among all such spiritual practices, Guru Jee tells us which one to do, He says : Prabh ka simran, sabh tay oochaa.

Why does Guru say so?

Because, it is the only jugtee bhakti, which detaches us from this creation, purifies us, and reunites our sous with Sachay Patshah Akal Purukh. Prabh ka simran, garb na baseh.

Which by the way, is our objective of being born as human beings. His simran reminds us of Him, His simran is a sincere ardaas at His feet, His simran is submitting ourselves to his Hukum, His simran is the pilgrimage, in which we go as dark crows, and come out as swans, His simran is a shower of boundless blessings on us.

Sat Sree Akal.

• 1 month later...
On 03/02/2017 at 6:04 AM, AjeetSinghPunjabi said: