What paath should I start reciting tonight?

Guest anon

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh

I've been lost for so long and am unbelievably afraid today. Haven't done any paath in so long (am amritdhari), I just need someone to tell me where to start, and I need to start tonight or this time will never end. Should I force myself to do Sukhmani Sahib, or let myself do as much as I feel like?

Thank you

Force yourself to do it. If u leave it on ur mann, it will some times agree n sometimes make u lazy. Make sure to do ardaas begging for sikhi.

Also be grateful, see how many times u remember waheguru, say waheguru, or do paath; then thank waheguru ji with total shukar and appreciation. Because no can jap naam or bani without wahegurus grace, and that he is being this merciful to u that he is giving u such a precious gift of remembering him( when we remember him its cuz he is thinking of us and the marvel of the creator of the whole universe, remembering a lowly human out of 7 billion others is just amazing). He gives us this gift when we have forgotton our duty as an amritdhari, even more kind. And such a precious gift it is, that it destroys dukh n suffering when we utter his name.

So like bhai veer singh says, say waheguru, then smile and be most happy and say thank you waheguru for u sukhdata have reminded me,  

Guest Jacfsing2
On 2/1/2017 at 0:44 PM, Guest anon said:

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh

I've been lost for so long and am unbelievably afraid today. Haven't done any paath in so long (am amritdhari), I just need someone to tell me where to start, and I need to start tonight or this time will never end.

Thank you

Start with Japji, Jaap, Swaiya, Chaupai, and Anand

In the evening: Rehras

In the night: Kirtan Sohila

Since you haven't done your Nitnem in a long time; you should start adding it slowly, but only after you first add the Nitnem; also another Rehat that your Punj Pyare should have told you was Amrit-Vela Gurmantar Simran.

On 2/1/2017 at 0:44 PM, Guest anon said:

Should I force myself to do Sukhmani Sahib, or let myself do as much as I feel like?

Thank you

No! First bring back your Nitnem and then bring Sukhmani Sahib; if you didn't claim to be Amritdhari, Daas would say to do whatever bhagti you want to start with; however, if you already promised that you would do Nitnem you should start with that; when you are comfortable add more bani. Also you can't force yourself to do more bhagti; only Vaheguru can do that; with his Kirpa.

7 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Start with Japji, Jaap, Swaiya, Chaupai, and Anand

In the evening: Rehras

In the night: Kirtan Sohila

Since you haven't done your Nitnem in a long time; you should start adding it slowly, but only after you first add the Nitnem; also another Rehat that your Punj Pyare should have told you was Amrit-Vela Gurmantar Simran.

No! First bring back your Nitnem and then bring Sukhmani Sahib; if you didn't claim to be Amritdhari, Daas would say to do whatever bhagti you want to start with; however, if you already promised that you would do Nitnem you should start with that; when you are comfortable add more bani. Also you can't force yourself to do more bhagti; only Vaheguru can do that; with his Kirpa.

Bro if you don't mind me saying, maybe OP should take it slow. Build it up a bit by bit, since he's not done any bani in ages it might be best to ease him in, start with Japji Sahib and work on from there. learning Sukhmani Sahib is also wise as its really easy to recite, I could do it since i was really young and it really helped me.

Guest Jacfsing2
9 hours ago, Kira said:

Bro if you don't mind me saying, maybe OP should take it slow. Build it up a bit by bit, since he's not done any bani in ages it might be best to ease him in, start with Japji Sahib and work on from there. learning Sukhmani Sahib is also wise as its really easy to recite,

I respect your opinion, I mentioned that he could take it slowly, but since he has already taken Amrit he should at the very least do Nitnem before going to other banis, and do Amritvela Jaap; otherwise it's his choice on what Paht he personally does. One time Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji showed up to Sant Harnam Singh, (don't know which one), and he did lots of bhagti, but he didn't do Jaap Sahib; and Guru Sahib just came and left without saying anything; when a Shaheed Singh came; he told Harnam Singh that the reason Guru Sahib didn't say anything was that he didn't do the required bani.

9 hours ago, Kira said:

I could do it since i was really young and it really helped me.

Vaheguru! Daas wishes he had starting doing banis at a young age; you are blessed to have such an advantage early on compared to the rest of the world.

3 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

I respect your opinion, I mentioned that he could take it slowly, but since he has already taken Amrit he should at the very least do Nitnem before going to other banis, and do Amritvela Jaap; otherwise it's his choice on what Paht he personally does. One time Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji showed up to Sant Harnam Singh, (don't know which one), and he did lots of bhagti, but he didn't do Jaap Sahib; and Guru Sahib just came and left without saying anything; when a Shaheed Singh came; he told Harnam Singh that the reason Guru Sahib didn't say anything was that he didn't do the required bani.

Yeah fair enough, I can get the logic in that. Just personally for me (and iv seen others) they started slowly with small banis and worked up, it really helped.

Vaheguru! Daas wishes he had starting doing banis at a young age; you are blessed to have such an advantage early on compared to the rest of the world.

Think the real hero in this is my mother lol, She used to make sit with her while she read it so I decided i'd try too. impressions are so important in anyones life.