Guest Soul

Marriage by choice

18 posts in this topic

Fateh khalsa ji , i wanna share something about my life , i am a well educated 27 years old boy , i really want to merry a girl who was my classmate , actually she is a very kind nd helpfull, she helped me in my study , gave me lots of care , nd i told her that i like her but  she said to me that i know u r a enough good man nd respected my feelings but she said sorry , after 4-5 month later she again starts to text me, nd we talked again with each other , nd now i again said to her that i want to marry her, nd she said what i can say , but i really respect ur feelings ,now but i can do , i want to merry her seriously , there is no single day when i dont remember her . 

2 hours ago, Guest Soul said:

Fateh khalsa ji , i wanna share something about my life , i am a well educated 27 years old boy , i really want to merry a girl who was my classmate , actually she is a very kind nd helpfull, she helped me in my study , gave me lots of care , nd i told her that i like her but  she said to me that i know u r a enough good man nd respected my feelings but she said sorry , after 4-5 month later she again starts to text me, nd we talked again with each other , nd now i again said to her that i want to marry her, nd she said what i can say , but i really respect ur feelings ,now but i can do , i want to merry her seriously , there is no single day when i dont remember her . 

is she sikh , are you ? 

She said no, twice. How much more clarity do you require? Win the lottery and she might reconsider.

1 person likes this

Just now, MisterrSingh said:

She said no, twice. How much more clarity do you require? Win the lottery and she might reconsider.

I get the feeling she's not sikh or he's not ...besides he's being a bit delusional that anything will change ...

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Guest Soul said:

She said "no", twice don't make this any harder on yourself. To make this easier for you, there is no such thing as a dream girl, (honestly some of our people have been overly brainwashed by the Hindu Bollywood and the Christian Hollywood it's crazy).

54 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

I get the feeling she's not sikh or he's not ...besides he's being a bit delusional that anything will change ...

I also get the impression he's a native Indian who's been raised on a diet of Bollywood delusions.

1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

I also get the impression he's a native Indian who's been raised on a diet of Bollywood delusions.

agreed that is the bimari with the youth especially the bibian , I can't see what is so great about that BS , plastic surgery and steroid taking is creating stupid aspirational models where the girls think that the guys have to be bodybuilders , clean shaven , multimillionaire or at least orchard of note trees out back and the guys think the bibian have to be plucked and hairless , fashion pittiaan with impossible proportions and also stunningly beautiful (amazing with a surgeon can do)

2 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

If he's brought up in the west and his English is that atrocious, he might be 'special needs'?

So the guy just wants to 'merry' the girl. As in make her merry? If so, tell her a joke instead. 

Edited by dallysingh101
2 people like this

24 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

If he's brought up in the west and his English is that atrocious, he might be 'special needs'?

So the guy just wants to 'merry' the girl. As in make her merry? If so, tell her a joke instead. 

Lol. I think the language is indicative of a resident Indian. It's the style of writing and the general simpering attitude that comes from being a somewhat educated (whatever that means) individual from developing country. 

It's the one-sided infatuation that gets me, every time. Have these fellas not heard of playing it cool, lol? Any guy with an ounce of pride would either move on or up his game after one rejection. These guys just plow on hoping to bulldoze the girl into compliance with their so-called nice-guy attributes. I also think he's Gursikh (the Fateh salutation at the start of his post) and that makes it even more depressing; as if the Singh image hasn't already been emasculated and made less than desirable in recent history. 

1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

agreed that is the bimari with the youth especially the bibian , I can't see what is so great about that BS , plastic surgery and steroid taking is creating stupid aspirational models where the girls think that the guys have to be bodybuilders , clean shaven , multimillionaire or at least orchard of note trees out back and the guys think the bibian have to be plucked and hairless , fashion pittiaan with impossible proportions and also stunningly beautiful (amazing with a surgeon can do)

It's an insidiously artificial and bleak image that many of our people aspire to. It's the worst example of shallow excess I can imagine. The fact that our people cannot discern fiction from fact, and have a desire to emulate these fantasy images into a workable daily reality seems to suggest just how detached from reality some of us are. Thankfully, it's not only Indians caught up in such nonsense; it's prevalent in most modern societies that have been exposed to this type of culture.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

Honestly thought the mate was Christian when first read what he said, he only said, "Fateh" without fully writting it out, (that too without caps).

1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

I also think he's Gursikh (the Fateh salutation at the start of his post) and that makes it even more depressing; as if the Singh image hasn't already been emasculated and made less than desirable in recent history. 

Hopefully he's not actually going to continue following this girl if he's a Sikh, don't know where you are exactly at, but Sikhs shouldn't be a-s-s-kissing to anyone.

8 hours ago, Guest Soul said:

Veerji, (if I should even call you that), I probably said this before but will say it again just because you honestly sound lost or drunk when you wrote this, but don't be following one person and ruin whatever you have left, there are probably millions of girls who would probably like to actually spend time with you in that way, even the greatest seducers and the most handsome of men can't get any woman so it's best that you let someone else come into your life and keep your mind open. MOVE ON FOR YOUR EMOTIONAL HEALTH!

7 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Fateh khalsa ji , i wanna share something about my life , i am a well educated 27 years old boy

It's the one-sided infatuation that gets me, every time. Have these fellas not heard of playing it cool, lol? Any guy with an ounce of pride would either move on or up his game after one rejection. 

I have some sympathy. The way many apnay parents often minimise contact between genders, it's not at all surprising that many apnay are clueless about commonly occurring female behaviour (i.e. mixed signals - not that blokes can't do the same!) The lack of contact and a lack of being 'educated' about these things leaves one like a lamb to a slaughter! So when the person does experience the powerful pull of attraction, they don't know whether they are coming or going. lol I can't lie, I've been there too. That's why I think it is important for olders (not necessarily parents) to educate younguns about these things instead of leaving them in the dark.

Plus he mentions he is 'well educated', that often helps even less because people spend so much time in academic learning (which is no bad thing!) that they don't develop a good grasp of social interaction between genders.

These problems are behind a lot of the issues we face as a community such as conversions and grooming.

1 person likes this

^^^ Good points. I guess there's something to be said for knowing the rules of the game without losing oneself to the sordid nature of it, lol. That comes with age, experience, and distance. Whilst I'm not a fan of dating and the like, being able to recognise the signals and the various "manuevers" is invaluable, but just isn't taught to us due to the puritan nature of our culture. Funnily enough, a few hundred years ago a blessed being did try to guide us in matters such as these in something called Chatropokhiyan, but it seems we're hell bent on disavowing all knowledge of such things. Our bad luck I guess.

Edited by MisterrSingh
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

I have some sympathy. The way many apnay parents often minimise contact between genders, it's not at all surprising that many apnay are clueless about commonly occurring female behaviour (i.e. mixed signals - not that blokes can't do the same!) The lack of contact and a lack of being 'educated' about these things leaves one like a lamb to a slaughter! So when the person does experience the powerful pull of attraction, they don't know whether they are coming or going. lol I can't lie, I've been there too. That's why I think it is important for olders (not necessarily parents) to educate younguns about these things instead of leaving them in the dark.

Plus he mentions he is 'well educated', that often helps even less because people spend so much time in academic learning (which is no bad thing!) that they don't develop a good grasp of social interaction between genders.

These problems are behind a lot of the issues we face as a community such as conversions and grooming.

the well educated thing seems like a 'hey i'm a catch I'm well-educated why don't she like me, my folks told me that was what girls wanted'

1 person likes this

He might be 19 and she 17... never know. A mature man I doubt would just approach a girl and propose marriage.  I think he means relationship. 

3 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

the well educated thing seems like a 'hey i'm a catch I'm well-educated why don't she like me, my folks told me that was what girls wanted'

So true, parents aren't unknown to give out of date advice to their children.

He might be 19 and she 17... never know. A mature man I doubt would just approach a girl and propose marriage.  I think he means relationship. 

He said he was 27 in the OP?

13 hours ago, Guest Soul said:

Did you say to her "will u merrej to me?" 

Kudi viah nai karna chaundi twade nal. Kini vari daseh twanu? Stop thinking about her. Full stop. 

Thanks everyone , we are sikh , nd    I am also against to any these kind of relationship , i said i wanna merry her but now i try to move on , thanks again

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Topics

• It amazes me how people cannot see any of the above. Are they so blinded by partisanship? Is it only objectionable if the other side does it? So, doesn't that make them bigoted when they adhere to a code of silence when their preferred candidate enacts the same policy? Yet... it's also obvious that Trump is taking baby steps, and he is indeed testing the waters. What his endgame is I have no idea. 
    • which gurbani lines you referring to ? please post.  Also I don't think anywhere any of bhagat, guru ji or bhatts baanis refer to women in any sexual way at all !  It is just example to help us understand jeev-aatma (often referred to as 'jeev-istree' in sikh literature) relationship with param-aatma (god) .  Since we have no inkling of what relationship to god feels like , those who have felt it have tried to pen it in comparison to earthly relationships we do understand ! and what more intimate relation than that of a spouse !  In Gurbani , at places, baani sometimes go along the lines of "Dear sister, tell me how you impressed your husband ? ... he doesn't like me, but likes you, tell me how you impressed ...." something along these lines ! and final closing line is of joy of how the wife finally impresses her husband and the typical shabad would close so ".. and then he came to bed and finally I enjoyed him ... " ..  I think I have read atleast one such shabad although I don't remember which exactly. but trust me, there's no sexual undercurrent in this shabad AT ALL ! it just helps us relate to our bodiless relationship with creator (something we don't understand) by comparing it to a relationship of intimacy that we do understand and often live !  Same can be said of krishna and gopis in hindu literature. Some say krishna had 16500 wives. Its not possible literally ! so again a hidden metaphor . Gopis revolving around krishna in play dance. Trust me, this often gets sexualized, but subtle metaphor is lost, namely that of souls (gopis) enjoying the spiritual bliss of krishna (god) and all of creation revolving around the creator. Rigveda and some upanishads mention the relationship of soul (jeev) and parbrahm as such :  "On a tree bearing multiple fruits, both bitter and sweet, sits two birds of a kind, eternal companions. One , of golden plume and luminous sits serenly on topmost branch, unperturbed and in bliss. On the lower branches, jumping from branch to branch, is its companion, who sometimes eat sweet fruits and sometimes bitter.  When it eats bitter fruits, it sometimes looks up and see its undisturbed , blissed companion of golden feathers. However , it soons forget its sorrows and starts eating sweet and bitter again .  Sometimes, again it eats bitter and this time flies on top branch , approaches the golden plume companion and when it goes very near, it realizes its golden plume is itself only, its inner-most self, the atma !"    the tree refers to body or world, the golden plume companion is the real self, the bird moving from here and there is jeev . the bitter and sweet fruits are dukh and sukh respectively which we bear in this world. When the bird goes on top branch (higher avastha) , it realizes its own self, and attains liberation and bliss, which gurbaani refers to as "mann tu jot saroop hai, apna mool pachaan"  Quite good example these seers made ! many such metaphors throughout in gurbani also.  The bigger question is "Can we believe ? truly?"
    • Exactly, it makes me kinda confused on how in some Gurbani lines it talks about sadhus leaving their wives but then they still keep thinking of women in their mind as a sadhu.. Can the same thing be said for gay people who try to 'leave' the marriage concept while becoming celibate & 'dharmic', but still think of guys? So does that not mean that they should get married as well.... bhul chuk maff kijye
    • Also you assert it took him decades to accept his ineligibility. . Please provide your sources. . How many decades exactly? Are you suggesting he wanted to create a parallel gurgaddi?
    • Now as I have qualified my assertion can you please qualify yours.. what evidence do you have that he didn't accept guru Angad Dev ji?