Alarm Ang App

singhbj singh

Description

There are thousands of lines written in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, all of which can play on the soul strings in a thousand more ways. The purpose of this app is to ensure that the first thing you see in the morning is a unique message from Maharaj, or other Sikh Scripture.

Each day has a message we can listen out for and recognise. It is usually in the subtle undertone of events that unfold throughout the day, and the thoughts that enter our mind. A random line of Gurbani that we can casually read past on a daily basis, can hit our soul like a ton of bricks after many years of reading it, through its message manifesting in our life in some form or thought.

I was fortunate enough to have experienced the above, and decided it would be nice to wake up to a random line from Maharaj when my alarm goes off. This brought me to create this app, AlarmAng.

Scriptures range from Guru Granth Sahib Ji and Sri Dasam Granth, to the writing of Bhai Gurdas Ji and others. You also have the option to view the whole shabad in addition to the line, for full context.

This is the base version of the app, and upcoming features are currently in development such as:
- Multiple Alarms
- Snooze Functionality
- Status Bar Icon If Alarm Is On.
- Lock Screen Widget
- Selection of Sikhi Orientated Alarm Tones
- Vibration Functionality 

Current Limitations:
- If you reboot your device you will need to reset your alarm via the app. (This will be resolved in the next version).
- Please report any issues.

Please provide feedback so I can improve the app, and let me know if you like it or not.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arron.widget.alarmangapp

image.png