Delhi to Punjab by road

Hammertime007

Used to travel to DEL before ATQ was up and running. Used to take around 8-9hours by car from Delhi to Jallandar with a couple tabha stops. I think nower days with better roads it takes around 7hours.

Chandigarh airport no idea. Isn't there a flight from Canada to Chandigarh? I duno...

Travel with Qatar quite often. Can not recommend them enough. Stops over at Doha.

Haven't done the delhi - jullundar Road trip  since 2005 and it was 9 hours also done it 1998 in winter 12-14 hours.  Never used delhi airport since 2005 always amritsar.  I see alot of these highways being built so I would imagine if there was one delhi to jullandar it should be quicker than the GT Road route. Reason I ask is because flights from Heathrow to Delhi are cheaper than amritsar,  higher frequency and more choice of airlines. 

2 hours ago, Hammertime007 said:

How long it take,  any fast track highways?   What's happening with chandigarh airport?  Anyone been on Qatar to Amritsar? 

Not been on Qatar, but an alternative is to Delhi and then plane to Amritsar, Air India, but I didn't like their service going. Coming back was better though.

Delhi airport is better than ATQ though in regards to facilities staff etc.