Gay flag logo on sikhphilosophy website?

genie

Gays didn't put the flag on that sikh website ! SPN admin did ! but if you see carefully, their logo changes and there's many other logos there . rainbow flag is just one ! 

I am not punjabi atheist ! I am a punjabi gay sikh ! stop doubting my religiosity . 

Is it tough for you to understand that it could be the sikhs of SPN are as much sikhs as you're ! and they just have a different interpretation of LGBT rights . And hence they're supporting it . Guru Gobind Singh ji said "Manas ki jaat sab eke pehchano " . He didn't said "conditions applied" , did he ?

So why can't SPN interpret this pangti of Guru sahib to include gays ? 

Ajeet: If you feel so attached to the Sikh faith, then just follow Sikhi and see where you're taken. Why this need for recognition for a contentious cause, or desire to beat people over the head with an agenda? If a connection with the Almighty is what you truly desire, then to hell with everyone else. Just get on with it. 

Just now, MisterrSingh said:

Ajeet: If you feel so attached to the Sikh faith, then just follow Sikhi and see where you're taken. Why this need for recognition for a contentious cause, or desire to beat people over the head with an agenda? If a connection with the Almighty is what you truly desire, then to hell with everyone else. Just get on with it. 

veer ji , I have felt connected to almighty . I do read baani . Sukhmani sahib , jaap sahib , japji sahib , doing sehaj path also .

I do sewa also in gurudwara , yes I feel like committing to guru ji . But what option do I have ? I feel like rejecting everything western sometimes , even as to taking sanyaas in simple chola and baana . Because anyways i can't marry and live a "normal" life even if i wanted to. But my mind pulls me . :/

Secondly, I support "gay cause" because I feel thats why waheguru made me so . Otherwise he cud hv made me heterosexual.

7 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Gays didn't put the flag on that sikh website ! SPN admin did ! but if you see carefully, their logo changes and there's many other logos there . rainbow flag is just one ! 

I am not punjabi atheist ! I am a punjabi gay sikh ! stop doubting my religiosity . 

Is it tough for you to understand that it could be the sikhs of SPN are as much sikhs as you're ! and they just have a different interpretation of LGBT rights . And hence they're supporting it . Guru Gobind Singh ji said "Manas ki jaat sab eke pehchano " . He didn't said "conditions applied" , did he ?

So why can't SPN interpret this pangti of Guru sahib to include gays ? 

You can be a gay and sikh its incompatible. Its too differnely lifestyle choices, gays are very premicious and Sikhs are taught to avoid sex outside marriage. Gays believe in sex with same gender. Sikhs are taught to have sex within marriage to their opposite gender partner to procreate. Gays have a selfish lifestyle of self indulgance, Sikhs are taught to look after whats best for society and the Sikh community.

Is promoting homosexality in the Sikh community best for the Sikh community? I dont think so .,..and I can list you a number of reasons why but I dont want to be here all night.

Further more your selective use of sayings from out gurus and gurbani does not validate homosexuality the same argument could be used for pedos, beastiality lovers, those who want to marry their dogs or cars what about their human rights and equality under sikhi? arent they human too? So gays will be hypocrites and so oh but they are special cases. No dude we draw the line that you cant be any other sexuality apart from heterosexuality if you want to be a Sikh. Did Guru's approve homosexuality or promote it? Nope cant see any scriptures or sayings that they did.... so lets move on from he pakhand you have your gay community we have our sikh religious community. 

If you want to be religious and practise your homosexuality fine, go join the hindu's they readily accept all kinds of sexualities because in their scriptures its explict! furthermore more there are 1 billion hindus they can afford to promote homosexuality amoung their masses. Sikhs however are only 30 million at max we can not affaird depopulation and promotion of demographic destructive sexuality amoungst our community.

12 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

veer ji , I have felt connected to almighty . I do read baani . Sukhmani sahib , jaap sahib , japji sahib , doing sehaj path also .

I do sewa also in gurudwara , yes I feel like committing to guru ji . But what option do I have ? I feel like rejecting everything western sometimes , even as to taking sanyaas in simple chola and baana . Because anyways i can't marry and live a "normal" life even if i wanted to. But my mind pulls me . :/

Secondly, I support "gay cause" because I feel thats why waheguru made me so . Otherwise he cud hv made me heterosexual.

It's great you're reciting Gurbani to the extent you are. No-one can knock you for that. As for the West (or the East for that matter), I'd compartmentalise it all near the back of my mind; it's just noise. I understand the need for companionship. I guess you'll have to decide what you need to do. I don't really know what else to say that can help you make sense of an obviously conflicting situation. I believe if your sharda for Sikhi is genuine and true, you will find a resolution to your heartache eventually. It may not be to your exact liking, but most things that are for our benefit are not always designed to please us.

3 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

It's great you're reciting Gurbani to the extent you are. No-one can knock you for that. As for the West (or the East for that matter), I'd compartmentalise it all near the back of my mind; it's just noise. I understand the need for companionship. I guess you'll have to decide what you need to do. I don't really know what else to say that can help you make sense of an obviously conflicting situation. I believe if your sharda for Sikhi is genuine and true, you will find a resolution to your heartache eventually. It may not be to your exact liking, but most things that are for our benefit are not always designed to please us.

I sometimes wonder if i took amrit , will it help me ? is amrit magical ?

Maybe kachhera will help me in lust ?

Also what about taksali chola ? will wearing it help.

are western (tshirt jeans) also responsible for increased kaam ? someone told me so.

6 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Seriously , did you read only one line of my posts . I hope not. If you did, you missed out on some important things.

People often want to be "dharmi" (righteous/religious) . 

Guru Nanak said very clearly : "Dhaul Dharam Daya ka poot" . In olden days, indian hindus used to believe earth (human society) was supported by a grand bull they called "Dhawal" (or dhaul) . Guru Nanak clarifies this bull (dharma) is born from "daya" (compassion/ mercy). 

Then the miracle happened again when Sahib-e-kamaal Sarbans daani Guru Gobind Singh ji maharaj asked for head on the eve of baisakhi . First to come was "Bhai Daya Ram", then "Bhai Dharam" , you think it was coincidence ? NOPES !

First Daya (compassion) has to come in your hearts, then Dharam(righteous / religious) living naturally follows ! and then "mohkam" (intellect), "himmat"(bravery) and then you become one with "sahib"(supreme lord).

Compassion : 

sympathetic pity and concern for the sufferings or misfortunes of others.

So you want to start your post with religious views, but very quickly you want to promote kaam (lust) in the second half of your post. 

DO YOU KNOW how gays in india and pretty much worldwide live ? they live their lives watching photo of white gay couples marrying in US and their small babies . Thats how they live ! 

What does this have to do with compassion.  Gays are attached to the idea of having a family and raising kids.  Satguru Sri Guru Teg Bahadur Sahib ji very clearly says the family will not want you once dead.  They will call you a ghost and have the people take you away from them.  Satguru says to attach your family relationship desire to Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. Don't have desires about family, kids, and family life.  The life of Sikh devoted to Akal Purakh is prescribed for the family man and woman.

They live by dreaming of that normal life because reality is very harsh for them ! The reality is they will probably never be able to get married to the one same-sex partner they love, they will never be able to enjoy "conjugal blliss", most of them shall never be accepted by their families for who they're , they can't be open about their relationship in front of the world (like how you are with your Kaur) .

Enjoy conjugal bliss?  Satguru says clearly sexual instinct is to be rooted out and enjoy singing Gurbani.  Love for the spouse is considered maya as well.  Again refer to Satguru Sri Guru Teg Bahadur Sahib.   You don't have compassion in your mind in your conjugal bliss.  Where is your compassion statement now.  In two seconds you changed into a lustful and family attached creature. 

Then there are some who end up marrying women in family pressure , each night of their life is HELL on earth ! living double lives .. (btw, the "wives" are suffering as well , that woman who unknowingly married him , he could be anyone's sister , including yours ?!! 

And trust me this is just the tip of iceberg of all the miseries and problems created by neglect of homosexuals ! 

Why is it hell on earth?  Do gay men hate women?  That is the picture you are painting with the above statement.  Both, considering they are Sikh, go to the advice of Gurbani and attach themselves to Akal Purakh.  Gurbani says as a drug addict loves his drug and does not allow anything else cross his mind, in this way love Akal Purakh and nothing else will cross your mind and put you in duality. 

Imagine if you were forced to marry a  man and spend every remaining night of your life in bed with him ! Why should anyone be forced to live such a life just because it doesn't fit YOUR worldview ?!! Seriously who gave us right to do this ?

Again you have lust on your mind.  Read the bolded part and this is lust.  Face it, you want to force your lustful views on Sikhi.  You are no different than the heterosexuals, who want to use Sikhi to ravish the opposite sex using Sikhi.  There is no compassion in your heart.  Only lust, and by the end of this post you will be full of anger.

Akal Takht Jathedar back in 2000's had said to canadian sikh populace to oppose gay marriage when it was being debated I guess ! Seriously, this is the guy who sits on the same position as Dhan Dhan Baba Deep Singh Ji Shaheed !??

Dhan Dhan Baba Deep Singh ji Shaheed, was not in duality as you are.  He was spiritually wise and would never allow Anand Karaj of homosexuals.  He was a Sikh of the Guru and loved his Guru more than anything in this world.

Homosexuals ARE, WERE, WILL BE ! we existed before all organized religions (which btw are only 5000 yrs ago !) , still exist amidst the madness of organized religions and shall continue to exist when organized religions become a thing of the past ! 

Vaheguru created homosexuals and Vaheguru's hukam runs their lives.  Vaheguru and Gurbani (Sikhi) are one and the same.  Sikhi always existed, even before creation came into existence.  You have nothing, no power, no right to claim any ownership for anything.  Driven by ego, lust, and attachment now.  In one post you have indulged in three out of the 5 vices.

Trust me , I have never been to a gay pride parade, despite me living in a metro city of india where gay parades happen every year ! I am INVITED and insisted by close gay friends to come to gay support groups and meets. I still don't like to go , because I don't want to ! 

I want to sit in a corner, and live my life , and enjoy my life and not having to fight for it,  just like you "straight" people do . But I can't afford that , because my civil rights were not granted to me on a silver platter , unlike you heterosexuals ! 

And Sikh women are fighting for their rights as well btw. The right-wing maybe in trend right now, but I don't see gay rights going backwards.  

Sikh men are always fighting for their rights.  The establishment is always trying to take our rights away.  Western countries have allowed homosexuals to get married.  No one ask them what their sexual orientation is when apply for a job.  Yet Sikh men are easily discriminated against because we are visible.  Don't hide the fact we are Sikhs. Wear the dastar proudly and uncut hair, flowing beard.  A homosexual can go into a job interview and the interviewers would never know the man is a homosexual.  He can go living his life with the same job in the same company till retirement and no one will know he is gay.  A Sikh male in the first interview has been and will be discriminated against because of his visible identity.  Stop crying crocodile tears, you don't know what discrimination is.

Gays have the right to be what they want. They DO NOT have the right to impose their will on ANY religion. Nor do they have the right to expect or demand any religious marriage ceremony.

Gays should no be persecuted in any way shape or form. But they categorically do not have the right to demand or expect others to accept this "way of life".

You may not choose to be gay, but you can choose whether or not you follow a certain religion. And if that religion does not allow for gays ( in some cases imposing punishment ), then you've gotta make a tough decision. 

I personally like Jugraj Singhji's point of view regrading this. If you are a "gay Sikh" you may live your life as one, but be COMPLETELY celibate. No marriage or any of that life partner bull crap. 

I will reiterate, no hate or persecution of gays in any way shape or form, but rejection of that way of life.