Highs and Lows of spirituality

Guest Guest

Is it normal to go through the highs and lows of spirituality? 

What I mean by 'highs and lows' is the time spent to do simran and the state of mind. 

I noticed that there are days or weeks when I feel the motivation and love to do path/simran. It's so easy to concentrate on doing path. I long to join sat sangat and feel blessed during those days. 

Then there are days I have a really hard time getting up on time. Mind is wandering so much that I can hardly finish japji Sahib or sometimes do not want to do any path at all. My interest in doing path/simran totally dies and feel 'no ras.'

I find it striking how can I jump from one state of mind to another so drastically?

How can one be in 'sehaj' state of mind?

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Is it normal to go through the highs and lows of spirituality? 

What I mean by 'highs and lows' is the time spent to do simran and the state of mind. 

I noticed that there are days or weeks when I feel the motivation and love to do path/simran. It's so easy to concentrate on doing path. I long to join sat sangat and feel blessed during those days. 

Then there are days I have a really hard time getting up on time. Mind is wandering so much that I can hardly finish japji Sahib or sometimes do not want to do any path at all. My interest in doing path/simran totally dies and feel 'no ras.'

I find it striking how can I jump from one state of mind to another so drastically?

How can one be in 'sehaj' state of mind?

Yes, it's normal. High and lows are part of a spiritual journey, that the soul will find its own way to adjust when the time is right. Bhagti isn't easy, instead of dwelling of why this happens, accept it and work towards methods of reigning back the mind. 

You have to make many adjustments in your life, way of thinking,  sangat, the way you behave ( I.e. avoid chugliya), in order to keep feeling ras.

When something bothers you and your mind is not in control then you will not be able to focus on path. Try listening to kirtan as well during the day. Bani is meant before sunrise. After sunrise kirtan. 

The highs and low are expected in this journey. If there are mountains, there will be valleys. If sukh then dukh. If tikeya man then chanchal mann.if day then night. If happiness there will be sadness. That is how this world works. Until youve found yourself, your true self which is atma which exists in sehaj avastha, equipoise, samdrishti, gazes upon dukh sukh, gold dirt, death life as one. Until your true subhav, personality: eternal anand is found, the high lows will remain. 

But u must not stop the journey, no matter how low u go, if u keep traveling, u will get out of the valley. It isnt bhagati or love or worship to only do simean when u feel like it. Its bhagati when its done when u dont feel like it.

On youtube listen to pyare jeo by bhai vir singh

also read in search of the true guru by bhai rama on www.vidhia.com

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

a) Is it normal to go through the highs and lows of spirituality? 

b) I find it striking how can I jump from one state of mind to another so drastically? How can one be in 'sehaj' state of mind?

a)Yes jee, it is normal to an extent, those highs and lows mentioned by you. Just like when a child, befor he becomes stable in learning to walk, he falls several times, but gets up, does not give up. Then there comes a time, where he not only does not fall down, but even run.

b)The sehaj avastha, is got per His Kirpa, His bakshish.

For that, one has to do bhajan bandagee, not as per our states of mind low or high, but by giving daily and regular doses of His simran, as antidote to the mind; there is no other way.

The Bani says: Prabh ka simran, man kee mael jaae.

No jap, tap, pooja, paath, yoga pilgrimages, fastings or any other methods can ever purify the mind to get sehaj avastha, for that purpose, we have to go the the source of sehajtaa, and that is His Simran Bhakti.

Sat Sree Akal.