Discovery of new Sikh manuscripts? Be suspicious, be very suspicious

singhbj singh

"So, all of a sudden, we have Sri Guru Granth Sahib (SGGS) Puratan Birrs (old manuscripts), purportedly hand written by Baba Deep Singh Ji, complete with Ragmala. And with Mahala 10! And with “hand writing” of Guru Hargobind Ji as proof that he added tunes to the 22 Vaars."

So now having raag mala is bad? I have seen mahala 10ve in other granths as well. So this site is <banned word filter activated>. I don't trust this site.

Baba Deep Singh wrote 4 Birs I think, and no ragmala is not a problem ... if it is an original then it would be a facsimile of Guru Gobind SIngh's dictated Saroop and there would be no problems . People need to be awake now, I heard that the stolen manuscripts and Birs, hukhamnamey had been returnedi.e. their whereabouts are known but Badal did not announce this ...if such frauds are being perpetuated then it is clear he is helping them .

Can easily arrange forensic evaluation and literary evaluation ... it is not the dark ages .

Anyone with some true interest in puratan Sikh manuscripts will know that they frequently contain things that are against modern post Singh Sabha lehar thinking. 

If we follow the ideas behind the OP then we'll just go back to a state of paranoia about our own literature. 

Like today, it's clear that the writers of Sikh literature in the past had differing opinions from one another. Anyone surprised at this is a simpleton. Of course we have to exercise caution and use expertise and analysis to evaluate emerging manuscripts, buts let's not let paranoia make us throw out the baby with the bath water.