350 Sikh Women from history, media, business, charity, human rights etc who have made a significant contribution in their personal, professional or panthic work and are inspirational role models to others & next generation

singhbj singh

On 13/01/2017 at 4:38 PM, singhbj singh said:

Don't know whose behind this Sikh Network initiative and what's their agenda.

Instead of 350 women it should have been 35 or 50.

They went for Quantity instead of highlighting the Quality !

I do not disagree with you on that.

There are some women I know of personally and they are great sevadhari's, a real asset to the sangat who are on that list.

Then there are others on that I do know of and they are unscrupulous characters and they are not worthy if being on that list.

There are far more worthy women that we do not even know about.

One of things I have noticed is that there are lot more women of Sikh background in the UK media. I call them that because they are not people who I would consider great role models in an industry that creates illusions/maya and lies for it's existence.

There are sections of the UK media in the UK likes to present Sikh men as misogynistic and Sikh women as oppressed. I am now wondering if the over representation of a certain type of women of Sikh background who have personal axes to grind are the problem.

There seems to a definite under-representation of Sikh males in the media unless you are of the bald headed effiminate type.

18 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I do not disagree with you on that.

There are some women I know of personally and they are great sevadhari's, a real asset to the sangat who are on that list.

Then there are others on that I do know of and they are unscrupulous characters and they are not worthy if being on that list.

There are far more worthy women that we do not even know about.

One of things I have noticed is that there are lot more women of Sikh background in the UK media. I call them that because they are not people who I would consider great role models in an industry that creates illusions/maya and lies for it's existence.

There are sections of the UK media in the UK likes to present Sikh men as misogynistic and Sikh women as oppressed. I am now wondering if the over representation of a certain type of women of Sikh background who have personal axes to grind are the problem.

There seems to a definite under-representation of Sikh males in the media unless you are of the bald headed effiminate type.

Just like most Sikh organisations they too seem to have a political agenda.

"Unite people to get votes, divide when it's time to rule"