• Topics

• I'm glad someone's noticed that this has the potential to be the beginning of quite a concerning issue. I won't say much more because coming from a male it seems like I'm being negative about an innocuous gathering of female Sikhs. It's probably nothing. I do think the gradual creep of a certain contemporary western ideology into some Sikh circles, is an interesting development.
    • I've been AKj weddings back in the day (1980s) where there were no receptions, bidai was from GuruGhar , no daaj etc . They were usually done after listening to Rehnsbhai kirtan all night . It is possible and dare one say it necessary to ensure no female be considered a burden or her family feel anything less than equal to the groom's family
    • Sorry but that song does not even mention any of Sri Vaheguru Sahib ji's names. I admire your loyalty to Gurbani Sahib ji, but I think we both can agree that we have a lot to learn before jumping to conclusions and thinking that the current state is a good state. I guess this is what cartoon does to people.
    • if some one has zero understanding of the mercy and grace of Akal Purakh  do you really think they can be right about anything?
    • whilst I agree that sikh women need to exchange ideas and refocus on sikhi , I do not think creating some kind of elitist group is going to be helpful .Our ancestors shared and did vichar in their lives , whilst doing the daily stuff and still had time to create sangat. either create an open network to support everyone or call it like it is , a 'pat ourselves on the back' gang. there is a saying in english 'self-praise is no recommendation'  Guru ji says it much better 'whosoever calls themselves good, good never comes near'