Jump to content
Big_Tera

Moral decline in society

Recommended Posts

What are the reasons and causes for moral decline in society?

Alcohol/drug abuse adictions increasing

divorce/extra martial affairs increasing

Gambling out of control

Soaring crime rates: Various types frauds/thefts ect

General distrust of one man against another. Youngsters not respecting elders. Kids behaving badly.

young women dressing half naked. Hanging outside clubs in the early hours drunk with no care for themselves. Complete loss of self respect. Having sexual relations before marriage. (please note this goes for males to) Not just women) before we get women complaing that why cant they act like a sl@pper if a man can 😩

In addition. People have becime so materialistic. All they care about is wealth, cars and status. 

Instead if helping the poor, doing charitable work. There is no sence of community. We have lost good old community spirit. Instead we isolate ourselves and have lost love and compassion for one another. 

 

 

Edited by Big_Tera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In terms of western society? The issues you've described are symptoms of peace time. Broadly speaking, there's nothing going on to focus people's minds. So-called prosperity has driven the public to a form of mental malaise; almost a type of insanity whereby most norms are inverted to the point where people don't know what's right and what's wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2017 at 3:54 AM, Big_Tera said:

What are the reasons and causes for moral decline in society?

Alcohol/drug abuse adictions increasing

divorce/extra martial affairs increasing

Gambling out of control

Soaring crime rates: Various types frauds/thefts ect

General distrust of one man against another. Youngsters not respecting elders. Kids behaving badly.

young women dressing half naked. Hanging outside clubs in the early hours drunk with no care for themselves. Complete loss of self respect. Having sexual relations before marriage. (please note this goes for males to) Not just women) before we get women complaing that why cant they act like a sl@pper if a man can 😩

In addition. People have becime so materialistic. All they care about is wealth, cars and status. 

Instead if helping the poor, doing charitable work. There is no sence of community. We have lost good old community spirit. Instead we isolate ourselves and have lost love and compassion for one another. 

 

 

It's Ghor Kalyug . The Gurus have predicted all this in the Gurbani. Guru Gobind Singh ji has already said that in such corrupt times, Akaal Purakh ji will send Kalki Avtaar.

Edited by 5akaalsingh
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

What are the reasons and causes for moral decline in society?

Alcohol/drug abuse adictions increasing

divorce/extra martial affairs increasing

Gambling out of control

Soaring crime rates: Various types frauds/thefts ect

General distrust of one man against another. Youngsters not respecting elders. Kids behaving badly.

young women dressing half naked. Hanging outside clubs in the early hours drunk with no care for themselves. Complete loss of self respect. Having sexual relations before marriage. (please note this goes for males to) Not just women) before we get women complaing that why cant they act like a sl@pper if a man can 😩

In addition. People have becime so materialistic. All they care about is wealth, cars and status. 

Instead if helping the poor, doing charitable work. There is no sence of community. We have lost good old community spirit. Instead we isolate ourselves and have lost love and compassion for one another. 

 

 

Our role models are singers, celebrities and successful sinners, not Guru Ji or other pious Sikhs. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Preeet said:

All those are wrong, but why does it matter when it comes to dressing?? Dressing how youd like does not have a relationship with their avastha.. Ive seen sants who wore full cholas, and some sants who were fully naked. Making people dress in a certain way is no different than 'hijab' method scare tactic.. 

Okay lets forget about dressing if you think thats a big no no and concentrate on the other points. 

But just out of interest you think its perfectly fine for young women to have their b00bs hanging out wearing skimpy and overly sexualised clothing and garmets at 3.00 am in the morning in a club full of drunk men, all because you have seen some naked and holy sants?  Then Preet I say you are indeed a remarkable soul and may you receive more akal in your life. May your brain and intellect grow to the right size. 

No one is advocating wearing Hijabs and Burkas.  

 

Edited by Big_Tera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

What are the reasons and causes for moral decline in society?

Alcohol/drug abuse adictions increasing

divorce/extra martial affairs increasing

Gambling out of control

Soaring crime rates: Various types frauds/thefts ect

General distrust of one man against another. Youngsters not respecting elders. Kids behaving badly.

young women dressing half naked. Hanging outside clubs in the early hours drunk with no care for themselves. Complete loss of self respect. Having sexual relations before marriage. (please note this goes for males to) Not just women) before we get women complaing that why cant they act like a sl@pper if a man can 😩

In addition. People have becime so materialistic. All they care about is wealth, cars and status. 

Instead if helping the poor, doing charitable work. There is no sence of community. We have lost good old community spirit. Instead we isolate ourselves and have lost love and compassion for one another. 

 

 

Alot of it has to do with breakdown of the family, culture, religion, and villages. People who live in extended families and who have their traditional culture and follow religion and who live in a homogenous small community where everyone knows everybody, those places have less crime, violence. As cities increase, multiculturalism increases, strangers are neighbors, crimes go up. Also as more ppl become educated and get jobs, stress goes up and ppl become selfish, so suicide, mistrust, competition. Now that youngsters dont have anything meaningful to do they do drugs, clubbing etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

In terms of western society? The issues you've described are symptoms of peace time. Broadly speaking, there's nothing going on to focus people's minds. So-called prosperity has driven the public to a form of mental malaise; almost a type of insanity whereby most norms are inverted to the point where people don't know what's right and what's wrong. 

It can be western or eastern. ie India. No people/ communites/race are imune from these things that happen in our society. We are all products of society ajd the effects of mass media, tv, music ect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Preeet said:

That is essentially their choice.. Im okay with them dressing like that but being drunk/eating meat is what leads to bad decisions. 

Your okay for girls to dress like that and hang around with groups of randy men in night clubs late at night aslong as no meat and alcohol is involved?  What about the x rated music lyrics that promote sexual behaviour and lust?. 

Does Sikhi not say we should dress modestly and resoectfully. Or is it okay to dress half naked?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Jacfsing2

The cause of moral decline is not having a strong role model. For us our role models are our Gurus, Mahapurukhs, Shaheeds, and more great Sikhs, when we stop idealizing and try to follow their message we can progress. The reason for the decline in Western society is because they have moved away from their great men that inspired them, (to a much lesser extent that our Gurus), being Jesus, as well as the ideals that originally encompassed that. Muhammad was not a role model at all, but he was successful in brainwashing a whole bunch of middle-eastern folk into thinking he was a role model so they try to follow him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a saying:

Hard Times create Strong men.

Strong men create good times.

Good times create weak men.

Weak men create hard times.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/01/2017 at 1:47 AM, Jacfsing2 said:

The cause of moral decline is not having a strong role model. For us our role models are our Gurus, Mahapurukhs, Shaheeds, and more great Sikhs, when we stop idealizing and try to follow their message we can progress. The reason for the decline in Western society is because they have moved away from their great men that inspired them, (to a much lesser extent that our Gurus), being Jesus, as well as the ideals that originally encompassed that. Muhammad was not a role model at all, but he was successful in brainwashing a whole bunch of middle-eastern folk into thinking he was a role model so they try to follow him.

But on a larger scale. Is the problem not down to the mass media? Tv shows, film, radio, music. Why are young women growing up wanting to emulate their hereos such as kim Kardashian? Are women not shaped by society. Ie wear make up dress provactiveley to compete with other girls. To much emphasis  on love and relatinships in childerens tv programmes women becoming over sexualused. This encourages unmoral behaviour and makes it the norm to have sexual relations outsite marriage.

Boys growing excess drinking and womanising.  Treating women badly. ect.  Men have issues to. Many commit crimes, take drugs.

Edited by Big_Tera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2017 at 1:54 AM, Big_Tera said:

What are the reasons and causes for moral decline in society?

Brother, the main reason for moral decline, is that we are in the age of Kalyug.

The answer to your question, could be an analogy, like if someone asked, why is it so cold in winter?

Well, it is supposed to be cold in winter, or hot in summer. each season brings along its own climatalogical conditions.

In a similar way, Satyug was and is different from the rest of the yugas, and altogether all the 4: Sayuga, Dwapur, Treta and Kalyug are different betweent them.

But while there is decline for sure, Guru Sahiban have given us the freedom to choose righteousness, by following Gurmat implicitly, and get ourselves out from this mayavee creation, be it may Satyug though, and reach our Nijh Ghar Sachkhand, forever in the lap of Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

Sat Sree Akal.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Jacfsing2
18 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

But on a larger scale. Is the problem not down to the mass media? Tv shows, film, radio, music. Why are young women growing up wanting to emulate their hereos such as kim Kardashian? Are women not shaped by society. Ie wear make up dress provactiveley to compete with other girls. To much emphasis  on love and relatinships in childerens tv programmes women becoming over sexualused. This encourages unmoral behaviour and makes it the norm to have sexual relations outsite marriage.

Boys growing excess drinking and womanising.  Treating women badly. ect.  Men have issues to. Many commit crimes, take drugs.

These problems are internal not external, the deeper problem is Sin-Paap, these external things only exemplify internal problems. Bad parenting is the result of this, not television, because humanity isn't good like the world believes, but rather evil, (which is why Vaheguru even had to come at all in 1469 in a Pargat form). Even if someone had lived on an Island all their life without any potential for brainwashing, they would still be fallen human beings because of their own internal problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moral decline happens due to those who run the state. So we look at the laws being passed we look at the authorities with feminists, gays and liberals being elected as MP's. They have an agenda to exclude the God powers of the parent and man to run his household into the hands of the state.

So the decline happened when the wrong people got into political power aided by the rich banksters whose agenda the political representatives follow.

I remember a time when dressing or talking like a low life Jamaican accent ghetto gangster or a council estate chav was considered a taboo but nowadays in our own Sikh and south asian communities we have some mis guided youthe wanting to be like those low life thugs rather than treat and speak to others with respect as per what their faith teaches. Its like survival of the fittest out there with no one in charge and beating good sense into the trouble makers the old skool parental way since the state done away with canning and parents beating their kids up for misbehaving.

The saying that we are products of our environments is true. When the environment is bad people are turned bad their hearts become darker and this is all by design by the capitalist extremist elites in power. If they shared the wealth as per the Sikh financial model everyone would be alot happier in society but they horde it and increases stress in society with people not affording homes, good jobs hard to find and raising kids that much harder. Only a few good people can resist having their hearts become darker in periods of bad times.

Edited by genie
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×