• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
5akaalsingh

Sikhs in Empire Total War

3 posts in this topic

For those who are interested in video games, This might be a pretty old one, but is one of the only one that involved Sikhs. 

This is Empire: Total War, a turn-based strategy and real-time tactics PC game developed by The Creative Assembly and published by SEGA. The fifth game in the Total War series, it was released in 2009. It focuses in the early modern period (1700-1800).

Even though the game mainly focuses European history, its map covers most of Asia (Middle East&India), North America and Africa. The main factions on the Indian subcontinent are the Mughals and Marathas. However, as time passes new factions present themselves (Afghanistan, Punjab-Sikh Empire, Britain and France).  Sikh units can be recruited by both, as mercenaries. Sikh Musketeers are mainly available to the Marathas, maybe because they both fought Mughals. They are the best soldiers of India in terms of morale and abilities. There are two Sikh units in the basic game: Sikh Musketeers and Sikh Warriors. There are many mods that also add: Sikh Heavy Cavalry, Sikh Sharpshooters and many other units.

I suggest this to many teenagers and parents, because it gives you the chance to relive history.

It costs just 20$ or Euros or even cheaper during sales at Steam-http://store.steampowered.com/app/10500/, or just 2$ at Amazon-https://www.amazon.com/Empire-Total-War-PC/dp/B0018YXM3Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1483807122&sr=1-1&keywords=empire%2Btotal%2Bwar&th=1

Below are some screenshots:

14y0qcy.jpg

The Sikh Musketeers

2jadkyh.jpg28m2sf9.jpg

The Generals Elephant Bodyguard

dwxcuw.jpg

The Sikh Warriors

sikh2.jpg

All Punjabi Units

Strength.jpg

Sikh Musketeers assaulting Mughal Artillery and Islamic SwordsmenCharge.jpg

I had bad FPS in this screenshot

empire-overview2.png

All Army in Formation

dangereux1.jpg

Sikh Army ready to retake Lahore (Campaign Map)

This is video of a American guy playing a Multiplayer Battle using Sikh troops. The yank probably has no idea of the Sikh religion and is making up much of the stuff he says

Edited by 5akaalsingh

It's impossible to play as Punjab in this game without the use of mods, and spreading the Sikh religion is impossible, (so if someone was going to want a Khalsa Raj on the planet, it would be impossible). Also the Martha Empire wouldn't best represent us since we aren't Hindu. If someone really wanted to play as a Sikh nation in a video game, Daas would recommend Civ 5 where you can actually let Sikhs spread.

I don't think installing mods to play your favourite faction would be impossible. Plus, Civ 5 doesn't have real-time tactical feel. Most kids out there prefer, however,  those first-person-shooters like CoD and GTAs

Edited by 5akaalsingh

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Topics

• Sorry to hear this penji.  MisterrSingh Paji is right, Karams play a part and we all have to bhog them. It is hard, but what I sometimes do when I'm feeling low is to listen to shabads that will lift my spirits up.  Don't lose hope, it's a phase you're going through, nothing is permanent, so as Dally Paji once said to me think it's going change one day and it won't last.   Putting some shabads on for you. Do Ardas to Waheguru to help you to stay in their will.   Also, it may help to change some ways in your.  Eg: meet up with friends who you get on with for coffee/cold drink for a catch up.  Go and see some historical buildings or parks open to the public.  Read a new book, or treat yourself to something new from the stores.  Sit near swans and birds.      
    • low hanging fruit bro , they use the brilliance of Gurbani to hook the minds and hearts that need it and exploit the unaware by making it seem they can explain it properly to them . My Masi who is stuck with RS lot claims that the dehdhari Guru is necessary to explain Gurbani because people don't have the ability to understand by themselves .  YT : I have seen Gurbani shabads labelled as Namdhari shabads or Radha Soami shabads ... The whole point is to divert money and goods to their pockets from Guru ji's golak it is not to help anyone spiritually. on FB today a couple of guys are asking help of sangat to stop removal of Guru Granth Sahib from Ravidasia Gurdwara here in Uk https://www.facebook.com/SikhYouthBirmingham/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf BTW not saying Bhagat Ravidas followers are following pakhandi baba  but they are using Guru ji to get hold of Ravi Das' bani otherwise I don't think they have much scripture seperately. The committee at the place have stolen £70,000   
    • Veer ji weren't all Guru Sahiban and their mahals similar ages even if they were younger at marriage point  maybe only a year or two difference ? 
    • Why do some Pakhandi Babas use Sikh Gurbani to brainwash the innocent? Recently on Youtube I looked-up: "bahut janam bichde the madho", and saw so many Pakhandi Babas on the list of recommended, ranging from Radha Swami, Ravidassia, and some random Pakhandi Babas there and there. If they want to use Sikh bani they should at least promote the idea of Gurmat to bring people to Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib, not themselves.
    • Alot of people assume that one kid equals high quality and healthy  while more kids equals low quality, malnutrition etc But if we look at our ithihas, the reverse is true. During puratan times, when Sikhs had a lot of kids they were more religiously observant(which means high quality) and they were more physically fit than us. Now when we have only one kid, our parents fail to raise that kid as a Sikh(meaning low quality) and they also tend to be fat kids on average which is not healthy either.    So here we are, today we are raising low quality and unhealthy fat kids when we have the lowest fertility rates in our history which is well below replacement level.  Meaning, in future our population will start to decrease because of this low fertility rate.