Introducing Karah Parshad dispensing machine

singhbj singh

3 hours ago, simran345 said:

It was Walsall Gurdwara, but now they've agreed to let Midlands Langar Seva Society carry on doing their seva at the Gurdwara.

That's in the West Mids? 

Shocking. That part of the country has a good reputation for shardaa amongst the sangat, so it's disturbing to hear something like that occurred. Must've been an errant committee that got into power. Although, I can't imagine how the langar servers could glean who was and who wasn't a so-called lower caste Sikh. Did they ask them?

23 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

That's in the West Mids? 

Shocking. That part of the country has a good reputation for shardaa amongst the sangat, so it's disturbing to hear something like that occurred. Must've been an errant committee that got into power. Although, I can't imagine how the langar servers could glean who was and who wasn't a so-called lower caste Sikh. Did they ask them?

Yes West Midlands. Yes sangat is great in West Midlands, but I think it was due to one or two committee members not agreeing with them using the Gurdwara's resources for langar for the homeless. It had nothing to do with caste. 

But as I stated before, the issue has been resolved as far as I know of, that's the last I heard of it. 

8 minutes ago, singhbj singh said:

Serving hot Karah Parshad, keeping good hygiene & giving equal quantity are all positive steps.

Rather than having sensors & full automation there should be a button or lever for manual Seva.

Yes that seems a better idea, to keep Karah Parshad warm. Sensors may create technical problems too. 

6 minutes ago, singhbj singh said:

It's not just Midlands,

Sikh charity SEVA ‘banned’ from feeding homeless at Seven Kings gurdwara

http://www.ilfordrecorder.co.uk/news/sikh_charity_seva_banned_from_feeding_homeless_at_seven_kings_gurdwara_1_4828471

Ok, I didn't know about them too.