singhbj singh

Introducing Karah Parshad dispensing machine

16 posts in this topic

A new company called Das Technologies has created the first ever automatic Karah Parshad machine which dispenses Karah Parshad for the sangat automatically. The sensor activated machine was introduced at Gurdwara Fatehgarh Sahib as a way to give parshad to the sangat.

The benefits of the automatic machines is to give Karah Parshad hygienically by avoiding human hands and keeping the parshad nice and warm. The benefits of the machine appear to outweigh any costs particularly due to the ease of getting parshad. The public has responded negatively to the machine on social media. People are outraged as it impact the entire concept of Karah Parshad and they say that connection of getting parshad won’t be the same as one a Gurmukh gives it to their hands folded.

It’ll be interesting to see when the machine gets adopted by other Gurdwaras but the machine received a tremendous response at Fatehgarh Sahib where the number of sangat is much more than other areas.

http://dailysikhupdates.com/introducing-automatic-parshad-machine/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although they've tried it for the betterment of sangat and sevadars, the views of those asked don't make sense. 

What happens when the sensor stops working? 

They say it's sucham, but how when prashad is going to a big metal chimney or similar type of design. 

There's going to be longer queues of sangat, trying out this gimmick gadget, as it's slower. 

It takes away the whole purpose of seva and nimrata. 

They only had one view from those sangat members and never asked the others behind them, who kept saying one thing "navee technology a" 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Excommunication for the inventor of this Anti-Seva machine and the committee that hates Seva so much, what's next automatic Langar?

remove the need for sewadars, then remove the granthis, the kirtaniyas , the sikhs, and leave the rest to become a tourist trap where the money goes to the GOI and their lackeys  . I say reverse this destructive trend and restore proper sucham (I mean have you seen the jokers running the roti machine ?) and the interaction of sikhs and sangat . I mean next they will say because we have these machines we don't need rules for langar of amritdhari only making the food (in fact the recent langar fiascoes in UK where due to non amritdhari/rehitvaan sikh being put in charge of pangat) which we have film footage of being bent for media persons and filmi types .

Edited by jkvlondon
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

remove the need for sewadars, then remove the granthis, the kirtaniyas , the sikhs, and leave the rest to become a tourist trap where the money goes to the GOI and their lackeys  . I say reverse this destructive trend and restore proper sucham (I mean have you seen the jokers running the roti machine ?) and the interaction of sikhs and sangat . I mean next they will say because we have these machines we don't need rules for langar of amritdhari only making the food (in fact the recent langar fiascoes in UK where due to non amritdhari/rehitvaan sikh being put in charge of pangat) which we have film footage of being bent for media persons and filmi types .

What happened in those instances, bhenji? I haven't heard anything on that front.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

No sewa can be never ever, nor should  be replaced by machinery. It is  we jeevas who need sewa to do some noble and good karam, not the robotized machines.

The next they will say, we shall play a CD or a tape recorder, which will do the simran, paath  for us ..... atee moorakh and manmukhee attitude.

It is we jeevas who need His kirpa, not the insentient machines.... it is we who need mukti, not the machines.

Sat Sree Akal.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

What happened in those instances, bhenji? I haven't heard anything on that front.

homeless being refused langar , coloured or 'low caste' sikhs being passed over in pangat instead of served.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

homeless being refused langar , coloured or 'low caste' sikhs being passed over in pangat instead of served.

That happened in a UK gurudwara? Which one? Absolutely disgraceful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

That happened in a UK gurudwara? Which one? Absolutely disgraceful.

It was Walsall Gurdwara, but now they've agreed to let Midlands Langar Seva Society carry on doing their seva at the Gurdwara.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, simran345 said:

It was Walsall Gurdwara, but now they've agreed to let Midlands Langar Seva Society carry on doing their seva at the Gurdwara.

that's disgusting. Sikhs in name but not in deed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, simran345 said:

It was Walsall Gurdwara, but now they've agreed to let Midlands Langar Seva Society carry on doing their seva at the Gurdwara.

That's in the West Mids? 

Shocking. That part of the country has a good reputation for shardaa amongst the sangat, so it's disturbing to hear something like that occurred. Must've been an errant committee that got into power. Although, I can't imagine how the langar servers could glean who was and who wasn't a so-called lower caste Sikh. Did they ask them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Serving hot Karah Parshad, keeping good hygiene & giving equal quantity are all positive steps.

Rather than having sensors & full automation there should be a button or lever for manual Seva.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

That's in the West Mids? 

Shocking. That part of the country has a good reputation for shardaa amongst the sangat, so it's disturbing to hear something like that occurred. Must've been an errant committee that got into power. Although, I can't imagine how the langar servers could glean who was and who wasn't a so-called lower caste Sikh. Did they ask them?

Yes West Midlands. Yes sangat is great in West Midlands, but I think it was due to one or two committee members not agreeing with them using the Gurdwara's resources for langar for the homeless. It had nothing to do with caste. 

But as I stated before, the issue has been resolved as far as I know of, that's the last I heard of it. 

 

Edited by simran345
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, singhbj singh said:

Serving hot Karah Parshad, keeping good hygiene & giving equal quantity are all positive steps.

Rather than having sensors & full automation there should be a button or lever for manual Seva.

Yes that seems a better idea, to keep Karah Parshad warm. Sensors may create technical problems too. 

 

6 minutes ago, singhbj singh said:

It's not just Midlands,

Sikh charity SEVA ‘banned’ from feeding homeless at Seven Kings gurdwara

http://www.ilfordrecorder.co.uk/news/sikh_charity_seva_banned_from_feeding_homeless_at_seven_kings_gurdwara_1_4828471

Ok, I didn't know about them too. 

Edited by simran345

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now



  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Hahaha, it's hardly a full sentence. Ini tension ? 😟
    • You could've used the P.M. system instead of making this awkward for everyone who would be reading this. 
    • Firstly, don't think you're not good enough person to start reading Gurbani. Anybody can read Gurbani, and if you feel to then go ahead and read or listen to it. You can start off slowly and gradually, and it's up to Guruji of how you will be graced.   Have you seen your doctor about the depression or low mood you maybe going through? It seems like others are off loading their problems and dukh onto you. But you're not a counsellor either.  As MisterrSingh paji has asked if you have any interests or hobbies, divert your mind from the same old negative environment with these. Maybe attend classes at a community centre or even if there's anything happening at the Gurdwara, and you wish to go, just go for the change of sangat, e.g.: if there's a Kirtan programme or any katha.  You could also join education classes with people like yourself, or alternative therapy courses, exercise classes, anything that you maybe interested in, flower arranging, etc. This will be better than be glued to the internet, as you will get to communicate with people in real, that will have a positive effect on the negativity and make you stronger to deal with what's going on.  Your father's sisters and cousins probably talked down on you as they think they are doing the elder role by being advising you, but some of our people just don't have those skills, so don't let them get to you, they just don't know how to support somebody.  Have you ever talked to your father about how you feel? It would be an idea to do that, then he will at least know what you are going through and it may make him realise that he's not the only one that needs the support. Your grandma is your father's mother? Explain to her how you're feeling, and she may have a word with him.  Does your step mother make any effort to talk to you? What does she do ?  Also get some counselling, as this willl help you with what you are going through.       
    • I'm good, bro, how are you? Giving those cheeky workmates some much needed attitude? 
    • hi how 're you  MrSingh