singhbj singh

Introducing Karah Parshad dispensing machine

singhbj singh    1,136

A new company called Das Technologies has created the first ever automatic Karah Parshad machine which dispenses Karah Parshad for the sangat automatically. The sensor activated machine was introduced at Gurdwara Fatehgarh Sahib as a way to give parshad to the sangat.

The benefits of the automatic machines is to give Karah Parshad hygienically by avoiding human hands and keeping the parshad nice and warm. The benefits of the machine appear to outweigh any costs particularly due to the ease of getting parshad. The public has responded negatively to the machine on social media. People are outraged as it impact the entire concept of Karah Parshad and they say that connection of getting parshad won’t be the same as one a Gurmukh gives it to their hands folded.

It’ll be interesting to see when the machine gets adopted by other Gurdwaras but the machine received a tremendous response at Fatehgarh Sahib where the number of sangat is much more than other areas.

http://dailysikhupdates.com/introducing-automatic-parshad-machine/

simran345    2,422

Although they've tried it for the betterment of sangat and sevadars, the views of those asked don't make sense. 

What happens when the sensor stops working? 

They say it's sucham, but how when prashad is going to a big metal chimney or similar type of design. 

There's going to be longer queues of sangat, trying out this gimmick gadget, as it's slower. 

It takes away the whole purpose of seva and nimrata. 

They only had one view from those sangat members and never asked the others behind them, who kept saying one thing "navee technology a" 

• Like 1

jkvlondon    3,419
8 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Excommunication for the inventor of this Anti-Seva machine and the committee that hates Seva so much, what's next automatic Langar?

remove the need for sewadars, then remove the granthis, the kirtaniyas , the sikhs, and leave the rest to become a tourist trap where the money goes to the GOI and their lackeys  . I say reverse this destructive trend and restore proper sucham (I mean have you seen the jokers running the roti machine ?) and the interaction of sikhs and sangat . I mean next they will say because we have these machines we don't need rules for langar of amritdhari only making the food (in fact the recent langar fiascoes in UK where due to non amritdhari/rehitvaan sikh being put in charge of pangat) which we have film footage of being bent for media persons and filmi types .

Edited by jkvlondon
  • Like 2

MisterrSingh    2,802
1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

remove the need for sewadars, then remove the granthis, the kirtaniyas , the sikhs, and leave the rest to become a tourist trap where the money goes to the GOI and their lackeys  . I say reverse this destructive trend and restore proper sucham (I mean have you seen the jokers running the roti machine ?) and the interaction of sikhs and sangat . I mean next they will say because we have these machines we don't need rules for langar of amritdhari only making the food (in fact the recent langar fiascoes in UK where due to non amritdhari/rehitvaan sikh being put in charge of pangat) which we have film footage of being bent for media persons and filmi types .

What happened in those instances, bhenji? I haven't heard anything on that front.

harsharan000    1,903

No sewa can be never ever, nor should  be replaced by machinery. It is  we jeevas who need sewa to do some noble and good karam, not the robotized machines.

The next they will say, we shall play a CD or a tape recorder, which will do the simran, paath  for us ..... atee moorakh and manmukhee attitude.

It is we jeevas who need His kirpa, not the insentient machines.... it is we who need mukti, not the machines.

Sat Sree Akal.

• Like 1

jkvlondon    3,419
13 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

What happened in those instances, bhenji? I haven't heard anything on that front.

homeless being refused langar , coloured or 'low caste' sikhs being passed over in pangat instead of served.

MisterrSingh    2,802
1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

homeless being refused langar , coloured or 'low caste' sikhs being passed over in pangat instead of served.

That happened in a UK gurudwara? Which one? Absolutely disgraceful.

simran345    2,422
1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

That happened in a UK gurudwara? Which one? Absolutely disgraceful.

It was Walsall Gurdwara, but now they've agreed to let Midlands Langar Seva Society carry on doing their seva at the Gurdwara.

Kira    1,218
3 hours ago, simran345 said:

It was Walsall Gurdwara, but now they've agreed to let Midlands Langar Seva Society carry on doing their seva at the Gurdwara.

that's disgusting. Sikhs in name but not in deed.

MisterrSingh    2,802
3 hours ago, simran345 said:

That's in the West Mids? 

Shocking. That part of the country has a good reputation for shardaa amongst the sangat, so it's disturbing to hear something like that occurred. Must've been an errant committee that got into power. Although, I can't imagine how the langar servers could glean who was and who wasn't a so-called lower caste Sikh. Did they ask them?

singhbj singh    1,136

Serving hot Karah Parshad, keeping good hygiene & giving equal quantity are all positive steps.

Rather than having sensors & full automation there should be a button or lever for manual Seva.

• Like 1

simran345    2,422
23 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

That's in the West Mids? 

Shocking. That part of the country has a good reputation for shardaa amongst the sangat, so it's disturbing to hear something like that occurred. Must've been an errant committee that got into power. Although, I can't imagine how the langar servers could glean who was and who wasn't a so-called lower caste Sikh. Did they ask them?

Yes West Midlands. Yes sangat is great in West Midlands, but I think it was due to one or two committee members not agreeing with them using the Gurdwara's resources for langar for the homeless. It had nothing to do with caste. 

But as I stated before, the issue has been resolved as far as I know of, that's the last I heard of it. 

Edited by simran345
  • Like 1