Marrying from back home

Guest Wondering

On 12/02/2017 at 9:40 PM, jkvlondon said:

problem is it's a dilemma they want an educated DIL so she can work and earn to support them and her family and yet disparage her for having an education as if learning is a curse. If you want traditional values then get an educated DIL , educated in Gurmat, Gur Itihass, Gurbani Santhiya, Kirtan , if she's been doing that studying hardly likely she's gonna have time or inclination to be bad .

I expect that in the coming years that there is going to be a sea change.

I think your age group are going to be a litmus test on this as the first crop UK born Sikhs will have their children married and become grandparents.

We are probably there already with a few trickles but there is going to be a deluge.

It is your age group/generation who will prepare to have an empty nest.

On 13/2/2017 at 1:05 AM, Akalifauj said:

You have brought forward no new or alternative view at all.  Parents who migrated to the west see what the girls of Punjabi families are up to in the west.  They know of their fake han ji han ji attitude.  So they say, hell with these promiscuous women, better to search in india.  Tell me this, why does a Sikh woman wear a dastar on her head when she is going to wear a skirt?  Was it a cover one and reveal the other sale or something? Selfish brats is what Punjabi women grown up in the west are.  They don't care for anything other than their selfish animal instincts.  Then you have the girls going around saying everyone is my brother and meeting these brothers with big hugs.  Rainsabai kirtan sessions have at least 2 to 3 of these type hanging around....they be checking out the merchandise with the fat pockets.  Few weeks later she is breaking up with one of her brothers to date another one and its the talk of the rainsabai kirtan.  Then there are the ones saying every boy is just a friend.  It's similar as the brother scenario, but this time their is more friends in an interval.  I have to ask again, what the hell is the point of wearing a dastar or covering your head in a different manner and the Sikh woman breast are almost hanging out?  I am waiting for the selfish attitude......how does it go again....its my body I can do what I want with it.  Just the other day a soft spoken Punjabi girl from the west was saying how she would marrying a guy only if the guy's parents will not be living with them.  This the affirmative action taking woman every man wants, kick those no good parents out for raising you and giving you a roof and paying for your education.  And keep the brat in the house.  I'd rather put a gun to my head and take the easy way out.  Have you ever read Kalki Avatar, if not, I really recommend you do and pay close attention to when Guru Sahib says the roles have changed, which means the world has a backward mentality.  Or as a western women disregard Guru Sahib's reality and stick to your view........how does that go again.......

Western girls can never cover their tracks on social dating sites.  There double shifting parents are always on the new and latest dating sites spying.  They be making those dating apps for their young daughters to lose their self respect on.  Get real, one click and in a hour I will find at least 5 Punjabi women looking to hook up on social media.  And give it couple more hours and there will be a dastar wearing one as well.  Western Punjabi women have changed their values.  They find it acceptable to date, have boyfriends, have a fling with no strings attached.  They want to be experienced in this aspect of life before they find the right guy to choke to death with their messy past.   

Then lastly, there are a few punjabi women born in the west and they don't act or behave like western women.  This is because they don't hold to western values and value eastern values.  They rather have the guys parents living with them.  They don't mind taking care of the children, doing house choirs and being a part of the family unit.  They don't have the selfish behaviour as the western punjabi women.  They don't see the benefit of hugging random guys and calling them brothers, only to date them later.  They value the Gurus advice or have a moral compass telling them it is wrong.  Their demeanor is very different from western women.  These are the western punjabi girls a guy should be looking to marry.  Everyone else should be on a 10 feet radius and stick a pole out so she can't get near you status.

It is an alternative view because the class difference is still very apparent between the older uneducated generation that immigrated versus the educated wealthier lot that stay back in india. I think you're being very harsh. The sikh way of living is unique and eternal and to compare it alongside with "eastern" or "western" values is missing its uniqueness.

The word "eastern values" doesn't mean much. Go to chandigarh and you'll observe it for yourself. Punjab university is about 75% of students from punjab. I noticed plenty of girls dating for benefits. They're one thing at home and another outside at home.

You won't have this dichotomy when dealing with people whose parents are educated. Sadly most of the older generation in UK , Canada aren't.  From your post you're most likely from UK, so I can understand where you're coming from. Though Sikhi encompasses more than a time constrained concept of eastern or western values

On ‎14‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 1:16 PM, Guest Kaur said:

It is an alternative view because the class difference is still very apparent between the older uneducated generation that immigrated versus the educated wealthier lot that stay back in india. I think you're being very harsh. The sikh way of living is unique and eternal and to compare it alongside with "eastern" or "western" values is missing its uniqueness.

The word "eastern values" doesn't mean much. Go to chandigarh and you'll observe it for yourself. Punjab university is about 75% of students from punjab. I noticed plenty of girls dating for benefits. They're one thing at home and another outside at home.

You won't have this dichotomy when dealing with people whose parents are educated. Sadly most of the older generation in UK , Canada aren't.  From your post you're most likely from UK, so I can understand where you're coming from. Though Sikhi encompasses more than a time constrained concept of eastern or western values

Let's take your class difference for a test run.  The Punjabis who came in the 50s, 60s, 70, and 80s have children who were raised here in the west.  Their lives are primary based on western culture.  Their parents have become wealthy.  They were raised with Punjabi culture at home, but that was pushed aside because an average child and youth spend 80% of their time around western institutions and around western people.  From their teachers, classmates, coworkers, and bosses their interaction is with western people.  These youth were educated in the west and now these educated people are giving their body away for one drinks at the bar, club, house party.  They are very much part of the drug culture, yet around their parents they behave as bibaa putts.  The western education they value and you value as the be all and end all, has not provided them with the mental ability to not take drugs, alcohol and then lay with a random guy after ditching their boyfriend at the bar.  The Sikh way of living is unique and eastern values have some similar values when it comes to marriage and how guys and girls should behave.  Yet in a different thread you said sexual intercourse has some spiritual experience.  This is your brainwashed western thinking. 

37 minutes ago, Akalifauj said:

Let's take your class difference for a test run.  The Punjabis who came in the 50s, 60s, 70, and 80s have children who were raised here in the west.  Their lives are primary based on western culture.  Their parents have become wealthy.  They were raised with Punjabi culture at home, but that was pushed aside because an average child and youth spend 80% of their time around western institutions and around western people.  From their teachers, classmates, coworkers, and bosses their interaction is with western people.  These youth were educated in the west and now these educated people are giving their body away for one drinks at the bar, club, house party.  They are very much part of the drug culture, yet around their parents they behave as bibaa putts.  The western education they value and you value as the be all and end all, has not provided them with the mental ability to not take drugs, alcohol and then lay with a random guy after ditching their boyfriend at the bar.  The Sikh way of living is unique and eastern values have some similar values when it comes to marriage and how guys and girls should behave.  Yet in a different thread you said sexual intercourse has some spiritual experience.  This is your brainwashed western thinking. 

First off, why are you even being  aggressive with me. I haven't talked about anything like that anywhere. I'm posting as a guest and my only other post on here is about "doing paath for someone else".  If you're really that much of a sikh man then you should know better than to talk down to a woman like that. I'm assuming you think there's only one "Kaur" on this forum.

Amyways.

And coming back to your point " they were raised with punjabi culture at home". What culture can an uneducated woman pass on to her children? Don't cut your hair, Don't wear dresses, etc.  So my point still holds true.  This isn't culture, it's a set of rules watered down as culture. The word "culture" is far too broad too even encompass every codified behavior and custom across different classes. Cultural norms become codified over time and unfortunately alot of it does depend on the type of though process that is propagated

I hold everyone to the same standard. So the woman with a phd who cuts her son's hair on his 3rd birthday is in the same category for me as the man or woman who's out drinking every weekend.  The former is more dangerous and decayed