Winter Sun destinations

Big_Tera

On 10/01/2017 at 0:05 PM, jkvlondon said:

currently the exchange rate is 4 reais to 1 pound , the cost there is relatively similar for foods , clothes . There is very diverse landscapes within Brasil , and cultural influences unfortunately they are getting the USA homogenising disease so I would go before they lose their main selling points.

Obviously street smarts are vital whereever you go on the planet and Brasil is no different , as for ins and outs nah you don't need a huge amount of help , we did roadtrip using googlemaps for directions , worked fine. 

pronounciation of Brasilian portguese is different on certain letters but spellings are similar to European e.g.

RAPAZ - meaning dude guy is pronounced Rapaz in Portugal but Ha-paz in Brasil -- the R followed by a vowel at the beginning of a word  becomes a H    so Rosa =Rose becomes Hosa  and the family joke is my American step-saura came running when my saas shouted look Louis it's Hockey on TV ...he's turns the corner and is confronted by Sly Stallone instead of Canandians on ice as he was expecting .

Ti at the start of a word becomes Chi 

Di becomes Ji    so Princessa Jiana  is the pronounciation of Princessa Diana (written down)

Brasilians speak in a superanimated way it is comical to watch but gets wearing when it is used all the time , hyperbole is used a lot too.

Jkv Thanks for  the advice. Might take some lessons in the language or learn a few common phrazes. I alway have my language translation app. May go sometime in the future hopefully. 

p.s 

I have decided on Lanzarote -Costa Teguise resort. Hopefully its hot there and good.