Winter Sun destinations

Big_Tera

Not all of these islands are full of people who are like that. You will find suitable resorts, even in Majorca, Ibiza, Lanzarote.

Egypt would be a good bet, as it stays constantly warm there with long days. I went to Cyprus in November, but it's not so warm there now.

You can look at this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/advice/heatseeker-find-a-guaranteed-holiday-in-the-sun/

13 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Anyone know good locations for winter sun?  So far I have thought of tenerife which is hot all year round. But they seem mostly catered for chavy type people. Who spend all their time drinking and clubbing.

13 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Anyone know good locations for winter sun?  So far I have thought of tenerife which is hot all year round. But they seem mostly catered for chavy type people. Who spend all their time drinking and clubbing.

Tenerife is quite a big Island with a big population. You cannot equate one town of the island with the whole island.

I went to the Northern side of Majorca and it was very nice. The reputation of the island is spoilt by Magaluf, which is a small part of the island.

What you must realise is that these islands are visited by more than the Brits. You'd find more Germans and Russians in a lot of these resorts.

If you want to avoid the Chavs,  pick the resorts that are not populated by them. Certain resorts are more popular with particular nationalities on the same island.

15 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Lol, definitely do NOT go to Marbella or Ibiza. Lol. Marbella was so beautiful but turned to hell on earth in the evening!

But then i went with a bunch of chavvy Indians (who have alot of Money and good jobs but still chavvy) so I deserved it. 

Bad sangat. I was the only one who didn't drink or act like a tramp. 

On 1/2/2017 at 11:38 AM, Premi5 said:

Not all of these islands are full of people who are like that. You will find suitable resorts, even in Majorca, Ibiza, Lanzarote.

Egypt would be a good bet, as it stays constantly warm there with long days. I went to Cyprus in November, but it's not so warm there now.

You can look at this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/advice/heatseeker-find-a-guaranteed-holiday-in-the-sun/

Thanks for the link. That will be helpfull

On 1/2/2017 at 11:57 AM, Ranjeet01 said:

Tenerife is quite a big Island with a big population. You cannot equate one town of the island with the whole island.

I went to the Northern side of Majorca and it was very nice. The reputation of the island is spoilt by Magaluf, which is a small part of the island.

What you must realise is that these islands are visited by more than the Brits. You'd find more Germans and Russians in a lot of these resorts.

If you want to avoid the Chavs,  pick the resorts that are not populated by them. Certain resorts are more popular with particular nationalities on the same island.

Thanks for the advice.  I will try and find a quiet peaceful resort then away from the party goers.  Northern side of majorca.  sounds nice. 

But Germans and Russians I dont mind them.  They must be better the the brits. 

On 1/2/2017 at 1:52 PM, Lionesswoman said:

Lol, definitely do NOT go to Marbella or Ibiza. Lol. Marbella was so beautiful but turned to hell on earth in the evening!

But then i went with a bunch of chavvy Indians (who have alot of Money and good jobs but still chavvy) so I deserved it. 

Bad sangat. I was the only one who didn't drink or act like a tramp. 

Im sure you did.  lol

On 02/01/2017 at 11:57 AM, Ranjeet01 said:

or better still look for a self-catered flat or villa , then you will be sure to be closer to the natives and away from the rabble ... Sardinia was nice in this respect , just got back from Brasil and the in-laws ... 32-35 degrees most days  they are southern hemisphere so in their summer, v expensive ticket-wise from 13 dec through to Easter . 

Canary Islands could be nice ...

7 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

or better still look for a self-catered flat or villa , then you will be sure to be closer to the natives and away from the rabble ... Sardinia was nice in this respect , just got back from Brasil and the in-laws ... 32-35 degrees most days  they are southern hemisphere so in their summer, v expensive ticket-wise from 13 dec through to Easter . 

Canary Islands could be nice ...

Went to Lanzarote a few years. Fascinating place.

Canary Islands were formed by volcanoes so geologically it is really interesting.

Only 500 years ago, the Canaries were inhabited by a stone age people called Guanches that lived in caves. 

Would love to go back again.

21 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Went to Lanzarote a few years. Fascinating place.

Canary Islands were formed by volcanoes so geologically it is really interesting.

Only 500 years ago, the Canaries were inhabited by a stone age people called Guanches that lived in caves. 

Would love to go back again.

That Is actually the predicament I am in. Dont know wheather to go Tenerife or Lanzaroti. Both look nice. What resort did you to?

lanazroti sounds more familiar as maybe they will have places where I can get some good desi roti. lol  ^_^