How to open up a gurdwara

Guest asingh3

Guest asingh3

VJKK VJKF ji

I have a question how can i open up a new gurdwara in the uk? Where can i buy a bir of the guru in the uk or do i have to get it from india ? And do i have to talk to a sikh council or something? 

And how much do small gurdwaras usually earn can they afford the bills?

Hi

I'm not sure. However, I've been thinking for a while that someone should open a gurdwarra in Central London. There are Gurdwarras around central London but not actually In central London. Or one in Canary Wharf would be good aswell. 

Somewhere that City workers can go to meditate and do paath on the morning, lunchbreaks, evenings etc.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Guest Jacfsing2
10 hours ago, Guest asingh3 said:

VJKK VJKF ji

I have a question how can i open up a new gurdwara in the uk? Where can i buy a bir of the guru in the uk or do i have to get it from india ? And do i have to talk to a sikh council or something? 

And how much do small gurdwaras usually earn can they afford the bills?

The language you've used for Mahraaj should be corrected, first it's called a Saroop, second you can't buy Guru Sahib, (this language is inexcusable), our King ? is not an inanimate object! 

Are u thinking to BUY a guru?

the whole entire matter present on/in all galaxies nd universes if converted to top class diamonds, even then u cant BUY a tiny tiny grain of sand which is touched by Guru.  Oss tri.loki de malak ji lai language sahi vartya karo bhai saab

i am not sorry to say that if a person like u open up a gurughar, who dont even have manners and respect for guru, will surely get slapped by someone from sangat in first week, i bet

About being able to afford bills, depends on how much donations u get, which depends on how much sangat u get. Usually when a gurudwara is first opened, u have to ask for donations in the hundreds or thousands from rich members to pay off mortgage. So the first thing u will have to do is buy or rent a place. Then clean it up. This will cost money so u will need to get a loan. Lots of gurudwaray get a loan without having any idea how to pay for it. U can ask local gurudwaras if they have an extra saroop. If not then u can wait until sgpc sends alot of saroops at once. I think u can contact sgpc in india and ask when that will be. Also announce in local area that u need a saroop. Some ppl ask guruji to come to their house but then cant do sewa, so they might give u the saroop

Just some tips tho i have no experience with starting a gurudwara 

How about taking over a gurdwara and re establishing it. I can see many guradwaras which jyst go through the motions and have nothing new... which they add to attract sangat esp the youngsters. 

Regular sangat only visit during some auspicious days like diwali, gurpurabs and new year. 

Only the elderly stick around and youngsters visit just as a custom.  No new kathas or jathas visiting to sort of pull people at other times as well.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa whaeguru ji ke fateh 

In my opinion less is more . There are already plenty of Gurudawaras in the UK . One can meditate anytime and any place . Lets not take opening a Gurudawara lightly. It is the biggest seva one who is blessed by the Guru can do, its not just about building a new building , get income and thats it job done. Gurudawaras about cleansing ones soul , going in dirty and coming out clean blessed with naam, from doing vichaar of Gurbani , contemplting on the shabad and putting it into action . The biggest job in the world , serving Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth sahib ji maharaj , with pure sharada , love a sense of purpose to serve humanity , with no personal intentions. I believe one can be walking around , if blessed with love , walking around reciitng Gurbani , an inspiration to others  Jagraj Singh did a talk on Gurudawaras absolutely opened my eyes and how true it is today  .