CLOSED TOPIC

AryanRai

4 hours ago, AryanRai said:

The worst thing about caste is that it is racist. When the Eurasian invaders came to India thousands of years ago they made the Indigenous Aborigines of the land (Dravidians) slaves and deemed them impure because 

1) They were Black

2) They were "Inferior"

Don't even buy into these Aryan Invasion theories introduced by goray for goray. These themselves are heavily motivated and were used to try and justify their own invasion and implement a divide and conquer strategy (that some dumbos still can't see through). There is very little if any genuine evidence to support these ideas. And given how goray like to harp on about the importance of such evidence, we shouldn't be so quick to jump onto them as true ourselves. 

1 hour ago, AryanRai said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa 

Waheguru ji ki fateh 

I'm not sure, but I'll find out for you. I've tried to write on my own Bhat heritage the Shehri and Dharmi, I think these practises come from the Banjar offshoot. My great aunt might know though, I'll call her and let you know.

kool, nice 1.

Guest Jacfsing2
On 12/30/2016 at 10:31 AM, AryanRai said:

All cultures on earth are plagued with diseases, people have forgotten that we are all made from the same materials and all contain that infinite component which animates us, Rab da Ruh. Atma.

The worst thing about caste is that it is racist. When the Eurasian invaders came to India thousands of years ago they made the Indigenous Aborigines of the land (Dravidians) slaves and deemed them impure because 

1) They were Black

2) They were "Inferior"

All Indians are a mix of Eurasian and Dravidian ancestry. But the High Castes have less Dravidian because they tried to retain "Purity" and the Lower Castes have more because no one wanted to mix with them, they could only mix with each other. What a sick and disgusting ideology, who would want to be involved in such an unnatural system originating from Racism.

The Aryan and Dravidian theory isn't exact with Punjabi people, especially since our land was taken over by a variety of people, whether it was Alexander or the future invaders; though other sub-continentals would make that theory work since their Kshatriya clans became lenient much later, and not marrying with the invading outsiders like the Punjabis did.

16 hours ago, AryanRai said:

They're the practise of wearing the Janeo Yajnopavita and Piercing the Nose and Ears of Teenage Girls.

-All castes came out of Hinduism, some stuck adamantly to the old ways. The Banjar Bhats are one of many other Sikh sub-communities.

:There is nothing "Disgusting" about this practise, girls in India and in the West get piercings during their Teens, not for religious reasons in the West, but because the girls are deemed old enough for piercings. A similar way in India, a piercing  was done to show that a girl was now a woman. I think we can agree piercings during Teens is pretty harmless.

:The Janeo is a different thing though, it's not a practise that coalesces with the teachings of Sikhi, but nonetheless it's harmless. I don't see any problem with it personally, I went through the Upanayana rite when I was young. But I see why Orthodox Sikhs discourage such Illogical Rites to exist alongside Rational Sikhi.

thanks for the answer.

but i found it odd, how on a sikh site, u bravely state that pearcings r harmless at a certain age and regarding the 'janeo', u state "I don't see any problem with it personally". Right as sikhs u know full well we r not allowed to edit r body (cut hair/piercings/circumcision etc), and the janeo was rejected by guru nanak dev ji, which means its banned in sikhi, yet u fink this is ok and "harmless"? Mate av a word!

I also cut my hair/and have piercings, but i dont make excuses for it, i know full well its wrong.

Guest Jacfsing2

They're the practise of wearing the Janeo Yajnopavita and Piercing the Nose and Ears of Teenage Girls.

-All castes came out of Hinduism, some stuck adamantly to the old ways. The Banjar Bhats are one of many other Sikh sub-communities.

:There is nothing "Disgusting" about this practise, girls in India and in the West get piercings during their Teens, not for religious reasons in the West, but because the girls are deemed old enough for piercings. A similar way in India, a piercing  was done to show that a girl was now a woman. I think we can agree piercings during Teens is pretty harmless.

:The Janeo is a different thing though, it's not a practise that coalesces with the teachings of Sikhi, but nonetheless it's harmless. I don't see any problem with it personally, I went through the Upanayana rite when I was young. But I see why Orthodox Sikhs discourage such Illogical Rites to exist alongside Rational Sikhi.

Just because Non-Sikhs around the world pierce their daughters ears doesn't mean that it should be encouraged; also our Lord, (Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji), denied putting the Janeu, even though he was a kid, Sikhi is a religion of both practicality and naturalism, that's a reason we don't circumcise our new-born kids like the Jews and Muslims do, (many brainwashed Anglos in America have started the practice as well, even though Christianity generally opposes such practices).

My Gene Test, showed a lot of Admixture, there was 1.46% Mediterranean which I included in Other (If you read my first Post.)

I was considering how low that amount of Mediterranean DNA was, so I'm pretty sure that it came from the Alexandrian Invaders all those thousands of years ago. 

Punjabi people as a whole, regardless of Caste are pretty similar (Genetically,) we've all got the same components but at different amounts. 

Yeah I you're right, that's the point I tried making before. The Higher Castes tried to retain "Purity."

What we mean is, they wanted to stay like Ghorē because they're apparently superior to Dark-skinned races. Even though God created the first Humans from the Soil, which is Dark Brown.

What about the all the Middle Easterners invaders in Punjab, I'm sure that most Punjabis aren't that related to the Aryan and Dravidian concepts like everyone else in India is. Most Punjabis also barely have Adivasi blood from the original Punjabis.

26 minutes ago, AryanRai said:

I am not saying that they are permissible practises in Sikhism. I'm saying "Personally" 

There is a great difference between cultural practises and religious practises. All Sikh sub-communities have high proportions of Non-Practising individuals who have no Qualms against Cutting Hair or Skin Piercing. These practises are things which are in essence cultural, some aspects carried from back home and others adopted from the Diasporic Nations. Nobody is perfect and certainly anyone who claims to be a Baptised Sikh should not go against what is set down in the Rehit Maryada. Your average Anglicized or Americanised Non-Practising Sikh isn't someone who will keep to all the commandments.

If you know that piercings and a haircut are against Sikhism, then instead of criticising others on an Online Forum, you may need to consider rectifying the mistakes you have made in your own life. I don't judge you on your Sikhi from a Forum, I don't think you should either.

I think they're harmless, because they don't harm your body: smoking Cannabis, drinking Alcohol and taking Drugs, are harmless, I don't know how you comprehend the word but it's certainly not how I envisage it.

I said I know why Sikhi discourages these illogical practises. Please don't try to get clever on a forum, I answered your question and didn't take to prejudice.

I don't have piercings and went through the Janeo Rite when I was very young, they're empty rituals and have no effect on Spirituality. There is nothing in the rite. Plus it happened in India where Hindus are keen to rub shoulders with Sikhs.

LOL judging u? R u off ur rocker? ive hardly judged u, wen u admitted urself! And the difference between me and u, is i know my mistakes and dont make excuses for them, where as u, say personally its "harmless". Now ur sayin drinking alcohol/dugs r harmless to you personally? Blud, do us all a favour....

• The topic was locked