CLOSED TOPIC

AryanRai

1 hour ago, AryanRai said:

The Westernised Sikhs are not like the Sikhs in Punjab, who of many (Non-Practising Majority) have piercings regardless of Caste. I've been to the Punjab, nearly every woman had an Ear Piercing or Nose Piercing. Except the Amritdharis, some who did have Holes in their Nose and Ears but no Piercings.

Veerji stop looking for arguments, I've been pretty transparent.

wat has any of this crap gotta do wit the convo? Try followin the convo u mug. Secondly the "western sikhs" r more religious than the sikhs of panjab. Sikhi in panjab is down n crap, u shud look around more.

5 hours ago, AryanRai said:

-Janeo and Piercing are Harmless.

I'd say janeo is a problem for Sikhs as it has been rejected all the way from Baba Nanak.

Ear piercings are an interesting topic in themselves. Singhs didn't appear to have problems with big hoop ear-rings post annexation. There is even a purported contemporary image of dasmesh pita that looks like they were wearing ear-rings.  Make of it what you will.

Personally I'm not in favour of keshdharis or amritdharis blokes wearing ear-rings, not for any religious reason but because it makes them look girly in this day and age. 

• The topic was locked