Cutting hair

Guest Anon

Hi everyone,

I do not want to offend anyone with this post, but basically i am a 17 year old sikh who has been keeping his hair for about 7 years now. I am now considering cutting my hair as i am not as religious as i used to be, i dont like having to wake up early to tie my paag every morning, sometimes its tight and hurts my head, sometimes its lose in skl etc..

Basically im not sure on what i should do because the religious side of me is not there anymore and i dont like keeping my hair.

I am a singh with cut hair however i eat meat and rarely go gurdwara. I feel as if im being a fake singh sometimes as i have uncut hair, but i eat meat. I do not wish to give up meat (no argue about this point plz thnks). 

However, i do love what sikhi preaches about living an honest life. I am family who cut hair, but still go gurdwara, do seva etc...

Someone help plz

18 hours ago, Preeet said:

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa
Vaheguru ji ki fateh ji

I think these 5ks only have a meaning if we stay in rehit and practice bhakti, but if you want to cut your hair then that is your choice! Keeping the swarup while doing other things is actually offensive to our dharam.. So you can keep your hair and try to follow dharam, or you can cut your hair and continue on as you do.. Personally speaking if someone is doubting whether they should cut their hair, but do not want to become for dharmic, then I think if they cut it there will be no difference since they were not that dharmic to begin with.

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa
Vaheguru ji ki fateh ji

Thank you. So you believe if i am not going to fully follow sikhi and become amrit dhari then i should cut my hair?

On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 6:11 AM, Guest Anon said:

Hi everyone,

I do not want to offend anyone with this post, but basically i am a 17 year old sikh who has been keeping his hair for about 7 years now. I am now considering cutting my hair as i am not as religious as i used to be, i dont like having to wake up early to tie my paag every morning, sometimes its tight and hurts my head, sometimes its lose in skl etc..

Basically im not sure on what i should do because the religious side of me is not there anymore and i dont like keeping my hair.

I am a singh with cut hair however i eat meat and rarely go gurdwara. I feel as if im being a fake singh sometimes as i have uncut hair, but i eat meat. I do not wish to give up meat (no argue about this point plz thnks). 

However, i do love what sikhi preaches about living an honest life. I am family who cut hair, but still go gurdwara, do seva etc...

Someone help plz

You have no desire for the religious side because right now Vaheguru has given you the worldly things that keep you happy.  But to get more worldly things the hair has to be cut right?  I can ramble off a list, but I know you know exactly what I am referring too.  I was 17 once and knew exactly why kids around me wanted to cut their hair at this age.  What you are going through is because of the buddies you keep around you.  Ever seen a horse with blinders on?  Well that's you right now.  Your buddies and sangat is filling your head with filth and taking you into the wrong direction.  You should ask a Gursikh in your area to show you back to reality.  Ask someone to help you with how to tie a dastar better.  If you are tying one dastar more than twice in two days, it will be loose.  Also do you stretch the material and sprinkle water before tying the dastar?  This helps wonders to get a dastar on your head with the right amount of pressure.  Maybe try a different type of material.  Let me know which one you tie. 

it's very easy to get rid of the hair, but ask that person who cut his hair and then wanted to grow it back.  How much they regretted cutting it in the first place and how much the guilt inside of them kills them.  Also what good is seva if you are not going to follow the Guru's instructions of keeping hair.  You are doing seva for some other reason, maybe it makes you feel better, maybe it's what you do or it's what your crowd does.  I don't know the exact reason why you want to cut your hair, but if it's for a girl.  You are the biggest fool in the world.  I know people who did this, and they got nothing from it.  Instead their social standing went down a couple of notches.  More people made fun of them and they were still bullied by the same manmukh (the dogs who have leashes around their necks and are being dragged by worldly pleasures) peers.    Listen to Gurbani in the language you understand it the best.  Listen to the Guru's words.  They are full of bravery, love, compassion, and joy.  What you see around you is all false.  It will all one day fall down back into the dirt it came from.  Now is your chance to rise above the lower self existence and feel the heights only so many have gone by the blessing of Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. 

Guest YourServant
On 22/12/2016 at 2:11 PM, Guest Anon said:

Hi everyone,

Someone help plz

VaheGuruJiKaKhalsa VaheguruJiKiFateh 

My personal advice would be, go to Gurdwara Sahib and do Ardaas in front of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj & take a hukamnama on that same day.  Read it, contemplate it & understand what it is saying to you, as a person looking to make this decision for their future.  I cut my hair some years back and I have regretted it every day since.  I have done everything that goes against Sikhi, on this green earth, but have slowly stopped everything once again and am now on the road back to Gursikhi.  It's very easy to look around you and think that what others (friends, colleagues etc) are doing is interesting and intriguing, but trust me, you will trade a diamond for a piece of coal, if you choose to move further away from the Gurus path.  Let me know if you need to speak on the phone and I will send you my number or come and meet you to discuss my story further.

Stay strong & talk to your Guru directly, because everything else will be a poor interpretation.

VaheGuruJiKaKhalsa VaheguruJiKiFateh