Guest Paapi Minded

How Many Times Have People Taken Amrit?

14 posts in this topic

Vaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsaa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Sadh sangat ji, I am looking for some direction/advice.

I took Amrit at a young age but ended up doing kuraits such as drinking alcohol, smoking and cocaine at one stage. It was a tough time I was going through but no excuse as I still had love for Sikhi. Whilst doing this I never slaughtered my Kes in any way.

I always had a deep feeling of guilt whilst doing the above and hid it from everyone (the activities and guilt).

Later I met someone also Amritdaari and she had done a kurait as well. I did not disclose my kuraits although she as aware that I was 'Amritdaari' and had taken my Sri Sahib off but kept all other four kakkars.

We become a couple and one thing led to another. Anyway, we are no longer together as she passed away in a fatal accident when she was in India. 

I have upped my Gurbani and Simran so much with Maharaaj's kirpa since.

I went to do pesh 2 years ago and took Amrit again. I wasn't able to fully explain all the kuraits I had done as one of the Panj Piyaaray just began shouting at me for the first thing I explained which is fair enough but I still feel my pesh was not complete becuase I didn't get a chance to have a word again due to the amount of praani's taking Amrit that day.

Since then I have been in touch with someone and we are really close. Problem is she is married and not happy. Kaam has always been a BIG weakness of mine although I have only been with one person.

I have failed again Sangat ji. Having so much knowledge of Gurbani and doing so much Simran and Seva I have still fallen.

I want to sort myself out again but need to wait until I can really keep on track and get my avasta to that level.

Amrit is priceless and I still remember the Panj Piyaara saying "amrit baar baar nee mildha".

I would like to know if anyone has been or is in the same situation or how many times people have been to pesh and taken Amrit?

Sorry for the long story but I thought I would explain the situation(s).

Thank you very any answers, feedback and guidance in advance. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bro im sorry to hear your situation. Theres alot going on their and i hope others will guide you fully.

I have to tell you that if you got a problem with Kaam. Do not be involved with that married women. You will become the cause of breaking up a marriage. It doesnt matter what the reasons re or if shes not happy. If she involves with you she will start considering to exit . You do not want this sort of karam. On top of that you dont wana mess with other women either. You need to respect women and understand the problem of kaam sits with you. 

If your of ages then speak to family and get married. These things seem difficult to control but if u start getting into relationships which is the case these days it starts taking you of the path of gurmat and the karmic consequences may set u back for lifetimes. 

Keeping a ucha and sucha jeevan is most difficult and very relevant. You will really cherish having done so later in life. And no matter what you done in the past start from now. U need to overhaul and refocus bro. Stay strong and positive.

You should go pesh again to panj piyare and explain and they will advise, its good to get it clarified after all thats who we have to guide.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to get your balance in life first. .. when you are not doing these kurehets first. I.e. performing regular nitnem and then seek pesh and take amrit again.  

Meanwhile you can do ardaas to Guru ji and seek for forgiveness and he will guide you further and give protection so that you can stay away from events which lead you to accumulate more karmic debts of the sort.

You can try writing down your kurehets when you go for amrit again. It will save you expaining them and they will all get covered.

 

Edited by sikhni777
adding info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, sikhni777 said:

You have to get your balance in life first. .. when you are not doing these kurehets first. I.e. performing regular nitnem and then seek pesh and take amrit again.  

Meanwhile you can do ardaas to Guru ji and seek for forgiveness and he will guide you further and give protection so that you can stay away from events which lead you to accumulate more karmic debts of the sort.

You can try writing down your kurehets when you go for amrit again. It will save you explaining them and they will all get covered.

 

thank you for your response.

just for the record i have been drug and alcohol free for 5 years. the only kurehat i have committed since is adultery.

i ask for maafi constantly and also keep the saakhi of Bhai Joga in mind to divert myself (When Dasmesh Pita saved him from entering the khottah and disguised himself as the peraydaar).

i feel my time is running out. Maharaj has blessed me but I have turned my back on him by falling. 

good point about writing the kurehats down when going pesh again. i need to disclose that i took amrit for a second time but didnt get to mention all.

how many times have people been blessed with amrit? I mean when i take it again, it will be my third time.

thanks

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear OP,

I can relate to your situation. I took Amrit very young. For one reason I had to go to do peshi many years back which was out of my control. Years later I met someone who influenced me to do a kurehet. Since then I've done almost all the kurehets. I've removed hair got drunk and the moved from guy to guy took off all my 5 k's. I wanted to take Amrit again and start again but I know that I am not ready. It takes a stong person to go to the Punj and confess. Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/12/2016 at 6:06 AM, Guest Anotherswife said:

Bro im sorry to hear your situation. Theres alot going on their and i hope others will guide you fully.

I have to tell you that if you got a problem with Kaam. Do not be involved with that married women. You will become the cause of breaking up a marriage. It doesnt matter what the reasons re or if shes not happy. If she involves with you she will start considering to exit . You do not want this sort of karam. On top of that you dont wana mess with other women either. You need to respect women and understand the problem of kaam sits with you. 

If your of ages then speak to family and get married. These things seem difficult to control but if u start getting into relationships which is the case these days it starts taking you of the path of gurmat and the karmic consequences may set u back for lifetimes. 

Keeping a ucha and sucha jeevan is most difficult and very relevant. You will really cherish having done so later in life. And no matter what you done in the past start from now. U need to overhaul and refocus bro. Stay strong and positive.

You should go pesh again to panj piyare and explain and they will advise, its good to get it clarified after all thats who we have to guide.

 

Thanks for your message bro.

That's the thing...I totally know the situation and what will come of it here and after.

My mind is messed up. To be honest I feel as if I'm bipolar. Living two lives.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/12/2016 at 2:06 PM, Guest Good luck said:

Dear OP,

I can relate to your situation. I took Amrit very young. For one reason I had to go to do peshi many years back which was out of my control. Years later I met someone who influenced me to do a kurehet. Since then I've done almost all the kurehets. I've removed hair got drunk and the moved from guy to guy took off all my 5 k's. I wanted to take Amrit again and start again but I know that I am not ready. It takes a stong person to go to the Punj and confess. Good luck.

Thank you for your message and sharing your situation.

Guru Ji bless and guide you too.

It's an easy trap to fall into.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am quite close with gursikhs that do seva as panj pyare. I can give you an indication of what panj pyare will be looking for from you:

1) Strong amritvela at a set time which you do not miss. This should include a set amount of time of naam abhyaas, nitnem and extra banis.

2) You should be doing regular sangat with chardikala gursikhs and going to gurdwara regularly.

3) On that point about sangat you shouls try to befriend the singhs who so panj seva or people close to them and give them an indication beforehand that you are intending to go pesh. That way you can spend some time with them and get some pointers on changes to make in your life.

4) Get off all social media and stay away from any oppurtunity of speaking to thw opposite gender.

5) You should start a sehaj path and maybe even aim to finish one or two sehaj paths before going pesh.

6)One thing to remember is that inside the Panj Pyare is the jot of Guru sahib themself. From this point onwards you have to be living every second of your life to please Guru Jee. Feel apologetic from your heart. The more love you show to Guru Sahib in your daily life will reflect in how the Panj Pyare are towards you when you go pesh as it is that jot which is speaking from inside the Panj.

If you can, try to talk about the positive changes you have implemented, before talking about your galtia.

Regardless of when you do it during the sanchar, you must get through to the Panj how you have changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Monday, December 26, 2016 at 0:25 AM, Guest Paapi Minded said:

Thanks for your message bro.

That's the thing...I totally know the situation and what will come of it here and after.

My mind is messed up. To be honest I feel as if I'm bipolar. Living two lives.

Thanks

Treat yourself as if u do have bipolar/split personality disorder: Now the "Im a good sikh" personality is on top. Give it a name Gurmukh/ Babbar Singh/Kuldeep Singh. Ok Gurmukh, i dont know how much time we have before the other guy shows up. I wont be able to control myself once he gets here, so let me put up precautions. First of all, let me avoid the triggers that might set off the other guy: no tv, no internet, no taking calls from an adultereress, block her number, change ur phone number, move away into another city, start going to a new gurudwara if theres a chance u guys might meet there, join Khalsa Aid, Peace corps, midland langar or any organization that will keep you busy or might let u go to another country, and let u do seva to increase ur good karma so ur bad destiny of being one of the worst sinners an adulterer can change. 

Second, keep ur self busy at all times. Keep ur self in sangat, so that ur bad personality Manmukh/ jazzybains/  kanyewest wont want to show up at that time. But even if jazzy shows up, cant really do much damage, except make u feel restless and want to go home. " man ni lagda" lets go home, dont listen to it!!! Stay there. At home have a schedule so u are not idle, have sukhmani sahib and sehaj paath scheduled into ur day, keep doing good things that will keep jazzy far away. But if u feel him coming, run towards either a friends house, gurudwara, or go talk to ur family. Basically go where theres ppl, and where jazzy cant make u do stuff

Third, keep a calendar or list or app to motivate yourself. Like ive gone this many days without letting jazzy win. I havent talked to her for this many days. Im on a streak, ive done nitnem everyday, let me not break the streak! Also if jazzy comes along and tries to tempt u , try to fight him, and when he makes u do things, tell him ok i will listen just wait 2 minutes before doing the bad thing. Only 2 minutes. They say if u can hold off on temptation for 2-3 minutes, it goes away. Sometimes it might get stronger,  time urself, see how long u can hold off, then try to beat ur record everyday, even by 1 sec.

Fourth, do ardaas to guruji, please help me im trying my best. But kaam is a big soorbir, i need ur help. Help me like u helped joga singh, i am ur sikh too. Help me. And if u r putting in sincere effort to stop and fight kaam, the faster ur ardaas will be heard

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WJKK WJKF,

 

 first of all im very sad to hear ur story. sounds like u have been thru alot of rough times and i wish u the best and hopes mahraj blesses u.

 

i feel like its a common trend that people taking amrit at an early ahe then mess it up. I have also fallen victim to this stereo type. i took amrit at 14 and did a kurehet when i was 15 when i got involved with a girl. even now when i am nearly 20 years old kaam is still a very bad weakness. i never did any other kureheat and have never cut my kesh or anything but ever since that time when i was 15 i knew i broke my amrit so i fell of my rehet too. i really want to take amrit again but i do not feel ready yet. My parents are also amrit dhari and they still dont know what happened when i was younger, and i have not told anyone about it so even now when i meet sikhs i tell them i am amrit dhari bc i dont want to deal with the shame of saying i broke it. i feel so bad about doing that but i feel like i hav to bc of reputation of family. I hope to take a trip to india alone one summer and be blessed with amrit again. bbefore that i need to get into a routine again but i just cant stick to it.

 

if u or anyone is in a similar position  and wants to talk to someone who can relate pls reply to this message n let me know. its importsnt to have a support circle in times like this when u feel like u cant speak to anyone. i know i do anywaY

 

 

WJKK WJkF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You require grihast jeevan which is an important part of sikhi. This will help control your kaam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 10:35 PM, Guest H.Singhh said:

imJKK WJKF,

 

 first of all im very sad to hear ur story. sounds like u have been thru alot of rough times and i wish u the best and hopes mahraj blesses u.

 

i feel like its a common trend that people taking amrit at an early ahe then mess it up. I have also fallen victim to this stereo type. i took amrit at 14 and did a kurehet when i was 15 when i got involved with a girl. even now when i am nearly 20 years old kaam is still a very bad weakness. i never did any other kureheat and have never cut my kesh or anything but ever since that time when i was 15 i knew i broke my amrit so i fell of my rehet too. i really want to take amrit again but i do not feel ready yet. My parents are also amrit dhari and they still dont know what happened when i was younger, and i have not told anyone about it so even now when i meet sikhs i tell them i am amrit dhari bc i dont want to deal with the shame of saying i broke it. i feel so bad about doing that but i feel like i hav to bc of reputation of family. I hope to take a trip to india alone one summer and be blessed with amrit again. bbefore that i need to get into a routine again but i just cant stick to it.

 

if u or anyone is in a similar position  and wants to talk to someone who can relate pls reply to this message n let me know. its importsnt to have a support circle in times like this when u feel like u cant speak to anyone. i know i do anywaY

 

 

WJKK WJkF

I totally understand. No one except the person Involved with me then knows that I Am a kurahti I And I must continue to pretend for reputation. Sad. Its hard becausw Its not me . acting perfect is hard  especially when Im not even on reht. I would give up sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wjkkwjkf. I've been amrit shak for 10 years and I have startes to feel it is ritualistic. I know itswrong to say this but I think for me amrit defined me but maybe we need to learn and find who we are  first. When parent have given you rules to follow from day dot and you dont know any different what I personally feel is that I am pressured into this ideal image and sticking up for sonething that is a lie is very difficult.  Lifes too short to regret and not live. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Loading...