Faith in God

Guest Jyo

Sat Sri Akal to everybody. 

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa 

Waheguru ji ki Fateh

I am from Philippines. I am a sikh and preparing to take Khande ki pahul soon after marriage and when i will be in india. Actually i loved a person he is a doctor and very nice person and i am nurse. We met and fall in love when we were working together. He was very kind with patients and other people so i liked him. We wanted to get marry but he was honest enough to tell me that his parents believe strongly in caste system and not sure if they will agree. But i loved him because we did not believe in caste and our love was genuine. He tried many times to convince his parents but they rejected. We wanted to see our parents to be happy so eloping was out of question. I believe in Guru Granth sahib ji and One God only. Before i used to believe in fasting but then i realized it is futile to make God happy like that and diverted my mind to have faith in Guru Granth Sahib Ji only that He will help me in changing our parents mind to accept that there no caste because that is what Gurbani taught. But now his parents got him engaged to girl of their own caste. I am reading meaning of Guru Granth Sahib these days to learn more about God.So what i can i think now that i was wrong to believe that God does not consider castes?   Was it wrong to put  your faith in Akal purakh for help because i was totally helpless but He is all powerful? 

I have read about to stay under his raza or hukam so is it His hukam to support his parents wrong thinking. I know i can't do anything against His will. Can someone enlighten me how to keep my faith in Him ?