Single and Sad

Guest Lostgirl

Guest Lostgirl

I'm a very simple, shy girl. I am not a strict Sikh but I believe in and trust Waheguru. Im turning 30 this year and I want to find the right man to share my life with and start a family with. I never dated and I've always been socially shy. I dont have any friends or family who I can rely on to arrange a rishta for me. The loneliness never affected me before but I am feeling it now. I have tried online dating and met a few guys. But they all lose interest in me because going out partying and drinking isn't my cup of tea. I feel lost and I dont know where to meet my partner. I am afraid I will be alone forever.

Let me tell u my case, i am a little younger than u, almost same case like u, never dated or drugs parties etc, i am male.

i haven't started to find a kaur yet but i never got any thoughts like u have,i never thought i will be alone or i will not find miss kaur for me,  may be i will start next 12-14 mnths. U have net a fer guys but look at my case i never even said Hello to anyone, i am not a shy but I didn't really wanted to get myself in with these relationships etc.infact I enjoy being lonely as there is only time u can think of God and ur inner, BHAGTI. NEEDS EEKAANT(being lonely as much as possible)  So there is nothing to be sad, u will find ur singh soon or lator. Moreover girls to boys ratio is very less, so being lonely for whole life is possible in case of boys not with girls??

4 hours ago, Preeet said:

I heard the akj jatha can get anyone married just by asking if you are amritdhari, and they can find another amritdhari guy and get the couple married at the spot.

That's the worst way to get married 

17 minutes ago, Preeet said:

If both are dharmic, then I don't see the problem.. The akj sees no problem in that.

The problem is that it's not an ideal world where everyone is dharmic etc. In puratan times people looked if the couple would be able to adjust with one another. They wouldn't set just anybody up. They wanted to make everything work. Nowadays I see too many divorces in our Amrit dhari youths because they may look the part but they don't have the substance. Or partners are looking for different things in the world. 

10 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

Better than marrying you, a person who sits on a forum all day trying to claim he is intelligent.

Best to pretend to be intelligent than remove all doubt about it, ey?

..a person who sits on a forum all day...

Says the person who's practically setup camp on this forum for more than a decade. Stop projecting. 

58 minutes ago, Preeet said:

People are too picky these days, my parents and other uncles and aunties I know never spoke a word to their spouse before getting married and they have successful relationships.

Thats the problem. People are too picky and after the marriage they start finding flaws with each other and then they get divorced. The youth now days don't have the mentality of our previous generations. That's why in this time and age you can't go marrying just anyone.

• The topic was locked